Ended
Watch

What do you call this?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    S
    Sasha

L’aire smiled sweetly. She hadn’t put much thought into where she’d actually been. For years she went where the Cirque took her and just kept to herself. “Well, at least you try new foods. Some people don’t even stray from meat and potatoes.” The Dancer realized how much that described her, but she had her reasons.

A questionable note in her brows as he described the man from Disturbed. She understood what he meant though, some music was stereo typed. “Well, I really don’t have a particular genre I always listen or dance too. Whatever sets a spark or inspires me. The chill of music comes from all places. I mean ‘Down with the Sickness’ makes me run and jump in the air.” Shrugging gently, she had songs to let off steam.

L’aire was going to order salad… but felt silly for ordering duplicate to what the other Fairest ordered. “Um…” Glancing quickly flipping open the menu and skimming down it again. Mostly looking for something even or under the price he ordered. “Uh, how about… Greek Spaghetti, please.” Folding it and handing it to the server.

After the server left, L’aire grinned. “I wouldn’t have pegged you for a salad guy.” Chuckling with a smirk.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

"Those people haven't lived." he says, lightheartedly. Granted, he may have experienced the lions's share of his adventurous eating due to the fact that he felt the need to keep going. Further and further from home. But now he can't imagine living another way. New experiences make him feel alive.

"That's cool, though. I mean... I've seen you when you'e been 'sparked'." A wide grin, referring back to their shared dancing experience. "Whatever you use to get movin is your thing. I get that."

He makes a joking, semi-impressed look and nod at her choice, as if it were at five-star meal. "Good choice. Should I ask for a wine pairing?"

Kyle smiles back at her. A tiny bit of color reaches his cheeks, and he rubs the back of his neck. "Yeah, well... I do wrong for my body so often it could probably use a salad or two." That much is definitely true. Bar food and beers and leftover pizza doth not a healthy man become.

"So you've been in town and left and came back... right? That's the 'word on the street', anyway. Why'd ya leave in the first place?" he asks, brows furrowed ever so slightly. He supposes he could have asked why she came back, but the other option seems to hold more weight.

S
    Sasha

“I had to be self motivating for a while.” Shrugging with her head leaning toward him. “Well, until you came along… to dance with.” It didn’t come out at all like she wanted, but hopefully he’d get the gist. This time.

Kyle asking about wine, caused her to look around the restaurant a moment. Shaking her head, she politely declined. “I will pass, thank you. But, its quite alright if you order some.” Drinking with Terri was enough for a while.

Her lips pulled back, apologetically. “Oh, no I didn’t mean that you never order salad. As you were just talking about all new foods, I thought you’d get something more… um, I don’t know. Flashy? Jazzed up?” Knitting her brows, probably digging her hole deeper.

The room sunk around her. The Dancer couldn’t remember if she told Kyle that or who may have. Hoping this would never come up, and she no other way to answer. She couldn’t lie, at least to him. The Minstrel gave her no cause. “Well…” While she pieced together her thoughts on what she should say or would say, aquiline fingers rearranged the place setting in front of her. “I um…”

L’aire couldn’t look at him, her head was down while she focused on the table. “I moved because uh… well… someone suggested it was a good idea.” Letting out a breath she’d held in before. “They were meeting me at some point. Stopped by where we were to move…”

Her face felt as pensive as it probably looked. The Winter felt the forming ice around her heart sharpen, as if conjuring up the memories laced the crystals together tighter. “Then they left again…” Her whisper bitter and cold.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Until I came along? It's how the statement had started. Kyle wonders if there was some truth in that slip. Probably not, but it's still a nice thought.

"Oh, no... I wasn't serious. I'm good without it." He looks away, feeling a little awkward that she missed the joke. The story of what her Keeper did to her is still pretty fresh in his mind, and he isn't sure he should offer her anything intoxicating. Probably not ever, unless she brought it up herself. The moment passes, though, as she doesn't seem to have been upset by it.

Soon he's completely forgotten the experience, and is laughing away at what she had said. "Jazzed up, huh? I guess I could see that. Next time I'll be sure not to disappoint." he says with a mischievous smile.

If the Minstrel had any idea where his question would take her, he'd have kept his mouth shut. True, he hadn't known it was a sensitive subject, but he can't help but feel guilty to see her upset over it. The bitterness - unfamiliar and saddening - with which she finishes her story leave him silent for a moment. What do I say now that won't just make things worse? He takes a deep breath, willing the right answer to show itself. Finally, he says "I shouldn't have asked. Sorry."

Seeing the server coming with their food, he quickly smiles in hopes that the downward turn in their conversation would be overlooked. "Thanks." He waits for the server to leave before saying anything else about it.

"Really... didn't mean to bring back bad memories." The brown eyes on the face his mortal life would have worn look sad. Timid in the face of causing hurt in someone he cares about.

S
    Sasha

“Oh, no, no you’re not disappointing, Kyle.” Breathing a laugh. “It’s just food.” Singularly shrugging a shoulder aided with a soft grin.

Great, awkward followed by more awkward.

“Um. Well, no.” Pursing her lips. “I mean, its okay. That you asked. Should I have not told you?” L’aire wasn’t even sure why he asked. But, she wasn’t about to make up some silly reason or excuse to where she was. Only Terri currently knew the real reason. The Onyx only lied when necessary. Their lives were already full of half truths and lying Fae, there was no reason to add to it.

The Fairest didn’t look up at the server, she just nodded in agreement as the Minstrel was gratuitous as their food arrived. It gave her a little time to think of what to say, repeating it in her head so it came out as best as it could.

She looked up, his eyes were saddened. The Dancer felt terrible. Her hand slipped across the table until her fingertips touched his hand. “Kyle, its okay. They never came back, such is life.” Her fingers softly swirling on the top of his. “Besides, tonight was to be about you. I want to hear more things about you.” Which was in hope he wouldn't ask anymore questions.

Because I really don’t want you to know about Him. The Winter didn’t want her true hatred to come out. The IceLaw, even with mortals, still needed to be upheld for as much as it possibly could.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

A little relief crosses his features, glad that she gave him the 'it's OK'. It could mean any number of things. Probably just that she doesn't want him to feel bad. He decides to drop it, just to be safe. His desire to know hasn't diminished, but she might be avoiding answering completely. Maybe its something she can't say in public?

"About me... right." he says, looking down at her hands as her fingers brush against his. "Well, have I told you how well my iTunes sales are goin? Not that it brings in a whole lot of money or anything, but my name is getting out there." He looks up at her, eyes wide, realizing that she's been calling him 'Kyle' in public and that he hasn't said a thing about it. He lowers his voice just a little.

"Chris' name is getting out there." The Minstrel suddenly looks around, fearful of the repercussions of him being recognized by his real name. Realizing that no one is really paying them any attention, Kyle breathes a sigh of relief. He feels a little silly about being worried.

"But anyway, I'm tryin to come up with some new material soon. Maybe I can make a little more money." And take you some place that's really nice, some day. The corners of his mouth turn up, though his eyes don't quite match.

S
    Sasha

L’aire’s violet eyes suddenly widened in horror. She hadn’t spent hardly any time in public with the Minstrel lately to remember his mundane name. The Fairest didn’t realize she’d completely stopped breathing, her hand over her mouth, the guilt and apology easily seen on her face.

It wasn’t until she went to speak, which was in a whisper, that the Dancer gasped for a breath. “Oh, Chris. I’m sorry. I'm such an idiot.” His earlier comments on the tunes thing was slightly more confusing than before. “And no you didn’t tell me. Is it um, you or um….” How could she say his Fetch without saying anything else that was utterly stupid.

In an attempt to carry on, without drawing further attention, L’aire leaned forward in a normal tone. “How can I inspire you?” As she spoke it, it didn’t feel right. “Er, um, how can I help inspire you.”

Nope, still didn’t come out right.

“Is there anything I can do?” Didn’t matter how she spun it, it felt strange to say. Like she mattered enough to inspire him. The Fairest didn’t believe she had any influence on people in the least. It was the Winter that held her from wanting to be noticed, even if that was not quite possible.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

"You're not an idiot. Come on... no one even noticed. And," he nods for emphasis, "it's my stuff out there. White Fern. Self-titled album."

Her next question catches him off guard. It isn't something you just throw around lightly. Unless, maybe, you're full of yourself and are a self-styled muse of sorts. Sasha isn't like that, though. Never since he'd met her has she acted full of herself. No, this is probably just her communicating her desire to help him - the 'L'aire way'. It's more than a little touching. He seems to think it over for a moment, then smiles big.

"Yeah, there is. I'm all about the art, you know? The experience. The passion. You've got all of that when you're on the dance floor. Didn't you say you wanted me to help you with some dance lessons or somethin? Cuz I can't think of a better inspiration for an 'artist'," he draws little air quotes around the word, "like me than seeing another artist at work."

S
    Sasha

Leaning in again, she whispered. “But, I should be more cautious, my group… you know?”

Sitting back up, L’aire smiled brightly. “I’m really happy for you, Chris.” It sounded funny, it felt funny but the Onyx would get use to it. After all, she went by a duel name for a long while. Her’s was just weirder. “I don’t know much about the iTunes sales thing.” Her violet eyes looked right into his, with sweet sincerity she added. “You should be proud. I am.” Then she wondered if looking into his eyes had any real impact.

Twirling the noodles in her dish with the fork, looking down and meekly smiling about his description. “Its strange, what you describe. I’m not thinking of any of that while dancing.”

“Oh and yes. I want to hold open lessons. I think it would be less intimidating if my partner wasn’t another instructor or student at Studio One.” Shrugging gently, unsure of her idea. “At least I think that would be more comfortable to people.”

“So, I’d like you to help me, please. I guess we’d be helping each other.”

“Uh, unless, you want me to dance for you, alone, or something?” Neatly forking the spaghetti, her question as innocent as her train of thought.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Kyle can understand that. From what he's picked up on from L'aire and Malcolm, Winters tend to be secretive. And a little bit solemn, by his standards. He tries not to dwell on it, but there might be a time when his efforts to encourage the Onyx cross over into a difference in Seasonal ideology. Back in the forties, it was weird for people of different races to date or marry. They shoulda tried datin outside their Court.

"Thank you." He can feel his cheeks growing a little warm. The Minstrel might come off as confident and happy-go-lucky most of the time, but he's still human - mostly human, anyways. Her gaze seems to only push the point further home. She... she really likes me, doesn't she?

Well, you coulda fooled me. I'm not about to tell you how you feel when you do what you do, but I don't think anyone can be that good and not feel somethin for what they do." He shrugs a little, to show he doesn't want to force the issue. "But, as I said before, you've got your own motivations for doin things."

Kyle nods along as she outlines her idea. Putting two and two together, he can only guess that the lessons would take place at Studio One. and, despite how innocently she phrases it, he can't help the look that crosses his face when she mentions a 'private show'. He tries to cover his grin as he shakes his head. "Honestly... I'm worried that I'm not that clever. My lyrics aren't all that complicated, ya know? I'm worried that you tryin to inspire me will end up as a let-down for both of us. Not that I would mind seein you dance again." His cheeky grin doesn't completely dissipate.

"But I do want to help. And... who knows? Maybe working with you where you make your art will get some inspiration through this thick skull" He taps the side of his head and gives her a wink.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.