Ended
Watch

What do you call this?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    S
    Sasha

“You’re not.” L’aire said succinctly. Clear was the word that hung in the air.

“If I thought you were, would I be here right now?” Turning her head a moment while they were at the stop light. She meant what she said.

“Kyle, you’re not bringing me down. I wanted to know. And I’m glad you’re willing to tell me. If I didn’t care, I wouldn’t have asked.” Turning her head back to the windshield. The light’s timing was impeccable. She felt herself blush admitting she said the ‘C’ word.

Change the subject, now, like right now. She felt as if she was going to panic. The state of her past still unclear.

“Can I ask you why, some chick who I didn’t know existed, made some accusation that you may be a privateer?” She shook her head, realizing she phrased that poorly. “Well, not accusation, but threw the word out to all of the Freehold.” L’aire kept her calm, wanting to know the story. “I mean, I guess she kinda said it herself. You guys were in public… and she was apparently confused?”

The Dancer didn’t know why she felt the need to understand. She certainly did see that it was a misunderstanding. But the fact that she stated it to everyone was ridiculous.

It struck her suddenly. The why she needed to know. The Fairest was being protective. Of course she would have done the same if it were Rick Pereg or Terri Nutkins , although she’d known them for years.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle doesn't have difficulty with accepting what she says. Hell, he wants to believe she's right. He just doesn't know, for sure, that he wouldn't be capable of doing something equally monstrous again.

"Alright. Well... I'm glad you asked." He reaches over and gives her hand a little squeeze.

"Some chick?" That earns a chuckle. "Ava? Or... Ramona? Got a less than warm welcome from them, I guess. I didn't realize it was cuz they'd been worried I wasn't... you know... legit." It explains some of their behavior, though. Sasha's behavior, on the other hand, reminds him of a protective girlfriend. Is she pissed at her about it? His hand finds the back of his neck again as he tries to explain the situation.

"I had my mask up... they didn't. I was just tryin to be careful, you know? And I guess they were too, in a way. They didn't know me. It's good for the Freehold to be close-knit. I'm not upset over it." He certainly sounds sincere about it; this place is beginning to feel like a home for him. Everyone here - even Ramona and Ava - has had some contribution to that feeling.

S
    Sasha

Feeling the squeeze on her hand, the Fairest looked down at the brief pairing. Ivy meeting pale and normally glowing flesh. Even though they both had their masks up, she could still imagine what it looked like. The thought escaped as quickly as it entered.

Nodding quickly. “Yeah, I think that’s her.” Kyle didn’t seem to be bothered by it, so maybe, neither should she. L’aire didn’t even know why it bothered her other than the Privateer thing.

“I guess that makes sense. Problem is, a lot of people do it. Mostly my whole Court. If she does that around Swilla or Harvey, uh, they may… take her to school. Or whatever that slang thing is.” L’aire shrugged gently; it was pretty close to accurate though.

They turned the last corner, and there was Café Europa. Parking the truck, the engine grumbled to a stop. Slipping out of the truck, she walked to the tailgate to wait for Kyle. She didn’t bother locking it, who would want to steal it? Looking at the little restaurant, L'aire felt a little over dressed. Nervously chuckling. "Hm, this looks quaint. I thought it was something else. Not that this isn't appealing. Its not a chain, it already looks good."

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

"Maybe she was just havin a bad day?" he says, rhetorically. Kyle actually isn't sure why she and Ava didn't have their Masks up.

Kyle doesn't know Harvey well enough but he definitely remembers Swilla. He can only imagine what acting 'the wrong way' around Big Swilla would earn. Lizard dude? Big, scary and serious as hell? No one wants to be on his bad side. Kyle almost shudders just thinking about it. "Let's hope she doesn't... for her sake."

As the truck pulls up to a stop and L'aire gets out, Kyle follows after. Without even thinking about it, he locks the door manually before closing it. Compulsive habit of someone who moves around too much and doesn't want what little he has to be taken from him. He strides up to the Onyx with his arms folded behind his back in three long steps, coming to a stop and smiling coyly. "Soooo that's a stamp of approval or...?" He's actually pretty hungry, so he offers her his arm and starts walking. He even holds the door open for her, grinning goofy all the while. Super high class.

He gives a quick head bob in the direction of the lady at the cashier and offers a flashy smile. "Two, please."

S
    Sasha

L’aire shrugged slightly, still unsure why she was so irritated by the whole thing. People have worse things before. “Yeah, I suppose your right, a bad day.” Biting her lip a moment, turning to the Minstrel. “And that too, you’re right in. That would not be good.”

His swagger toward her, one hand behind his back, he was like a peacock or some dancing bird. “Who …err what gets a stamp of approval.” Shaking her head, “Oh, yeah this place.” Softly laughing. “Yes, it looks like fun.” Slipping her hand in his arm, trying not to giggle at his silly grin while he was polite and held open the door.

Leaning in slightly, she whispered. “So the choice was between two places. Why did you choose either of them?” The look on the Fairest's face didn't suggest it was idle conversation, she was really curious to know.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Everything's going good so far. He's being an idiot and she's laughing; classic courtship gold. That dance they shared is probably what did it. She even takes his arm without an awkward pause.

Her question sparks an impish desire in the Minstrel. With a look of faked shock, Kyle admonishes her dramatically - causing a tiny scene to his delight and her probable distress. "Say what you will about noodle soups but please: this place is the Panera Bread of Greek-American cuisine!" A playful wink towards the waitress. Then, much quieter he adds, "Good reviews, anyway. Good food for cheap. That kinda thing." He half expects her to hit him for his little stunt, but he couldn't help himself.

Once they're seated, he pulls up a menu and intermittently alternates looking at her and the selections, continuing his thoughts where he left off. "I actually like tryin new places out. It's one of the fun parts about travelin so much. I haven't had a lot of Greek food before. And the other place was crazy new to me. I thought Ramen just came in a package. Apparently they can make it really fancy from scratch."

7. Likes Gwydden liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire smiled, maybe blushing a little to over dramatic interlude about noodles. Winking at the waitress. An incorrigible flirt no less. Okay, maybe this isn’t what I thought it was. Particularly when he said cheap, the Fairest felt a shimmer of ice wash through her.

As they sat, her eyes skimmed the interior of the restaurant. Always checking for someone who seemed out of place. “Good reviews. That’s good. I don’t really get a chance to scope them out. Reviews that is.” The Dancer was always worried about eating or drinking things. Too much to care what it truly tasted like, just waiting for a drop of the same poison again.

She listened while looking at the menu. Most of it were things that you hand held. The Fairest quickly made her way over to something that was forkable. He probably traveled for the same reasons she did. No, his were probably professional while hers were mere running away from things. “I didn’t eat in any particular places in Greece while on tour. I saw many really interesting restaurants though. Some were very beautiful, even if they were a century old.”

Quickly, she asked. “So what was your favorite while you traveled?” L’aire closed her menu and looked to Kyle. She may have been deterring any further questions. Avoiding was more like it.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Kyle blinks a few times, somewhat surprised. "You've been to Greece? Wow! Trust me... you've probably seen things way more interestin than I have. All I did was make a lazy arc from Atlanta to Sacramento by bus." He draws a little arc in the air as he says it. Then, he pauses to think. Do I even have a favorite? Everythin out there is kinda one big blur. But he knows he should come up with something, so he grabs the first thought that comes to mind.

"Did a hell of a good concert on my way through Dallas. Big bands playin there at the time. Seether, Papa Roach... what was the other one?" He punctuates his realization with a dramatic face-palm. "Disturbed! They were headlinin it! I even got a chance to talk to David Draiman. Man, it was off the chain!"

For the first thing he could think of, he can't believe how close it had been to one of the best times he's had. He's almost forgotten the menu in his hands. Salad. Somethin simple. "But anyways... it was at this place called 'Trees'. Sort of a historic spot for rock concerts in the area. Real cool place. So what all is in Greece?" he asks, thoughts returning to her comment she made 'in passing' - as though trips to Europe were no big deal.

S
    Sasha

She didn’t quite get why he was so shocked, but it wasn’t a concern. The Fairest never thought it was a big deal. Leaning in, she quietly said. “Well, I toured with the Cirque de Soliel in the States and overseas. Athens was very interesting. I only had one day to sight see any time I was there. The Parthenon was overwhelming. Hard to imagine temples were erected like that without the use of machinery.” L’aire didn’t know how much he wanted to know, so she stopped with that. Leaning in further and whispering this time. "It's because, um, I needed to move a lot."

She’d been in Dallas or Austin she couldn’t remember which. At least she knew the bands he spoke of, but not the person. “Oh, who is that? A man from Disturbed?” Tilting her head curiously.

L’aire had decided on her order already, within minutes after glancing through the menu. “I’ve never heard of Trees.” Folding it shut, the token, ‘we’re ready’ sign for servers. “Where is that?”

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Kyle hasn't ever been outside the country - not counting his trip to Arcadia - and his eyes widen with excitement as he imagines the places Sasha is describing. His imagination could probably do a better justice for that than him actually visiting those places.

Because A: the vision thing. And B: it's hard for him to tell sometimes what is real and what isn't.

Fortunately, he's been blessed with an overwhelmingly positive disposition which bleeds right into his imagination. About the only frightening things he ever thinks about are freaking roses. No... Greece for him is more like a verdant paradise lost in time. Exotic flora, exotic foods and ancient ruins, oh my!

Kyle leans in a little as well while she whispers to him. He gives her a nod and a knowing look; the need to move around is something he can relate to.

"See? Much cooler that tourin the US in a haze of bars and paid gigs." he answers, leaning back to his seat again. "Closest I've done to visitin some place in Europe is... well, eatin European food."

Trying to impress her a little with his knowledge, Kyle grins as he expounds. "Yeah, he's the band's vocalist. And, despite what you might think, he's got some real talent for an alternative metal singer. I mean, compared to some of that 'screamo' stuff out there." He shakes his head in disapproval. Some people have no business making music.

"Trees was... shoot, I barely remember. May have had one too many that night." Can ya blame a guy? When David freakin Draiman offers to buy you a round, you don't say no. Even after three or four.

As the server approaches, the Minstrel smiles politely and orders first. "Greek Salad, please. The large size. And she'll..." He stops short, remembering that he hadn't actually asked her what she wanted. So much for bein a gentleman about it. He looks at Sasha expectantly, hoping she will fill the somewhat awkward silence.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.