Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Dueling Nightsingers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

A small side room within the Rose Garden was reserved during a time when there was minimal business. Often it was reserved for coupons, private business meetings, or such cases as this. Violet had arranged with Mrs. Rosemary for some traditional delicacies for French tea time. Petite fours, madeleine, tiny finger sandwiches, bite sized deserts were held in a tiered plate shelf.

A pitcher of water along with two different looking tea pots. One somber looking, the other ornate with blue flowers which hosted regular French black style tea and a while fruity floral tea, respectively.

Violet sat, sipping the flavorful fruity tea of course. It was one of her favorites, and not often did she partake in afternoon teas anymore. It was so long ago. She was wearing a fitted black blouse and slacks with strappy shoes. It was casual for her, which is how the Queen hoped to approach this talk with Lynn; casually.

Violet

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn approached the Rose Garden with a slightly distracted air. As happy as she was with the way she seemed to be growing in power and had taken on the Minstrel kith, it was still something most unexpected and it was also the second new face she had worn. And while this new face did seem to be more 'true' than when she was solely a Nightsinger it was still . . . unsettling. As if she wasn't wearing another mask, but instead had taken one off.

And on a purely mundane note, none of her clothes looked the same on her.

She'd finally decided on a pair of black slacks and a wrapped green silk shirt. Her hair had been wrapped up carefully in a bun and secured with a few jeweled pins. She'd even managed to clean up her fiddle case so that it looked respectable. This wasn't a business meeting, but it was one where it was important to show respect and she thought she'd managed quite well. Stopping a few steps into the restaurant, she took a deep breath, centered herself and only then found her way back to the room where she knew Violet was waiting, closing the door carefully behind her.

"Good Afternoon My Lady." Lynn nodded her head in a shallow bow. "You wished to speak about my earlier offer?"

4. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

“Come in, sit down, Lynn.” Her palm happily indicating chair at the other side of the table. “Help yourself to whatever fits your fancy.” The Flowering’s hand flitted over the items laying out for them. “Water? Tea; black or fruity floral?” She was not above doing the little things, pouring tea for a meeting or doing those duties. It made things seem more personal and meaningful, at least in her ever changing eyes.

With a wide grin, Violet responded. “Your offer was accepted already, Lynn.” Placing a cup in front of her. “This tête-à-tête was to speak of your views on what the Sylvan Emissary does.”

Because I will not have another one tell someone her duties are to ‘Emissary’.

Her arms openly spread as she sat back in the seat. “And of course, ask any questions that are necessary for you.” Then taking a few morsels and placing them on her plate. Violet’s demeanor was very relaxed and easy going as always. Unless there was a time for her not to be, but now was not that time.

Lynn Mills

Sitting down, Lynn happily accepted a cup of black tea and a small plate of delicacies. She bit into one with a grin and carefully brushed the crumbs from her fingers.

"Well, I would believe that it would be something like the mundane definition of the word; an Emissary is either a diplomat or somebody who completes specific missions for those that they are working for. Carrying out sensitive tasks or even just being a reminder of what the Emerald Court has to offer the rest of the Freehold." She paused and took a sip; then placed the cup back down and ran the ball of her thumb along the lip of the cup.

"I'm sure that there are more specific items you might have in mind." Lynn looked up and quirked an eyebrow slightly at Violet. "And I'm sure with the recent unrest I've been hearing about, you might have some ideas of how I could be useful in the future?" She took another sip of tea and a bite of pastry. "I should mention that I've agreed to help Gianna with a project, to retrieve some information concerning Fairweather. She believes it can be found in HAL's library, where ever that might be." Lynn tapped her fingers on the table. "I hope this will not cause trouble, but since it seemed for the good of the Freehold I wasn't aware of any conflict at the time."

The Flowering took up her cup of floral tea and slowly sipped while the Darkling spoke. Her eyes were delighted that she was fully aware of what her duties were. Violet’s delicate hands moved the cup slightly toward Lynn when replying. “Excellent summary of your duties. Some sensitive items may also entail discussing our Court with those who feel its time to choose. To give the proper description of what it is to be of the Verdant court, and to guide them on their path. Not always is one who comes to us well suited, as I’m sure you know well. Rather, we don’t want to disparage them, however, we want to make sure they are making the right decision.” The Fairest grinned knowingly while she took another sip.

Violet did have plenty of ideas for the Minstrel’s aid in the future. The unrest has been disturbing to say the least. When Lynn mentioned the project from Gianna, the Queen set down her cup on the saucer. The very mention of the Dragon’s name irritated her, the way her eyes changed was purely a reflection of her own desire to make him suffer.

“Thank you for mentioning that. I do not recall Gianna mentioning this to myself or any other Sovereigns though.” Violet had been briefed on many things by Katrin when they were all away from Seasonal functions. Her fingers loosely tapped the teacup. “When she tasked you this, was she ominous about the endeavor?” There had to be a reason that Lynn thought there may be conflict.

“Regardless, the more information we have about Fairweather, the faster he…” Violet didn’t want to be impolite that her desire was to put that Dragon in the ground. “The issue can get resolved.”

Lynn Mills

Lynn shook her head. "It's not that Giana was ominous about the request, it's just I don't believe that it will be anything simple or straightforward, especially since it involves HAL." She shrugged slightly. "But as you said, I believe that the potential benefits will outweigh any risks. I wasn't here for the first attack by Fairweather, but I've seen the scars left behind. I'll do what I can to aid in the search."

Setting her cup down, Lynn gave her Sovereign a direct look. "I do wish to be useful, My Lady. I did not make my offer because I simply wanted the position, but because I believe I can be helpful. Is there anything specific that you would like me to look after at the moment?"

As she sipped once again, the Flowering listened intently. Violet’s memories of that dreadful day of the Dragon flashed like a horror movie in her mind. Yet, with only a small gleam of irritation, she continued. “No, it probably will not be simple, nor possibly straightforward. However, Gianna provides some balance around the Freehold. And she would want that monster caught as well as the rest of the Freehold. I hope your search is fruitful and should you need assistance, please ask.” A simple nod, taking another sip.

“Myself, as well as our Court are very thankful you would like to be useful Ms. Mills.” Leaning back a little, she grinned when she curiously asked. “Actually, before I answer your question, I have one for you, oui?”

“Why did you ask for the role of Sylvan Emissary?” Smiling, there was nothing hidden in her question to the Darkling.

Lynn Mills

Lynn sat back and tapped her finger on her cup, clearly deep in thought as she struggled to put her thoughts and feelings into words. "Part of it..." she sighed. "I've felt, for a very long time, that part of the reason I was taken was because of my own bad judgement. I know that what She was offering me was too good to be true, but I thought that I could handle it. So, in a way, I needed to believe that somebody could trust my judgement now. And also, after I came back... I wandered for a long time. Coming here was the first time I stayed in one sport for more than a week. I want to put down roots now." She picked up her cup and held it close to her face, inhaling the fragrant steam. "I want to belong. To people, to a place."

No point in asking why she accepted my offer.

“That, is not your fault at all. Whether you think it was poor judgment, They, are always the problem.” The Flowering had put down her cup.

“But I understand your need and want for someone to trust and rely on you. Part of that comes from trusting in yourself. We have instincts, perhaps a little more now considering our circumstances. If you try to trust yourself using your feelings and instincts, your judgment will be clearer.”

“Lynn.” Violet wanted to make sure her point was as heartfelt as her words. “You do belong, to this Freehold. I really hope you see that.”

“I think you will be excellent as representative for Spring. You do have good judgement when it comes to our Desires. Additionally, you can pull upon those feelings when speaking with other potential Springs? You should be able to recognize if our Court suits them, and vice versa, oui?” Taking up the cup and drawing another sip, a soft grin touching the Fairest's lips.

Lynn Mills

Lynn nodded, holding her cup carefully between two hands. "I do know that. It's just hard sometimes, in the middle of the night to remember. But I intend to keep at it, until I believe it all the time." She took a sip of her tea as something struck her and she paused for a moment, running over the conversation so far in her head.

"That's the second time you've mentioned me talking to somebody about joining our Court and making sure that it would suit them. Did you have somebody in mind? Somebody that you're not sure about?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.