(1503) Councilor Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein shrugs at Avis. "Whatever, I guess. Since we can set the date, a time limit can be whatever." And hopefully, no one would read the time limit and think 'now why did they give themselves so much time?'. Her eyes jump to Pepper next. "I say we retroactively apply the new law, and set a trial date here and now. Just because the old Council failed to create a set of laws that would permit his trial in a timely manner does not mean he still did not commit a crime for which he should be punished." Besides, wasn't that whole conversation based on trying to figure out how to try Striker?

M
    Mace

Mace just gaped for a moment, before shrugging. "As long as those so stripped still get a trial, I'm fine with either approach." She looked between the others as the timeline was adjusted and re-adjusted. "A year it is, then," she said. She looked at Pepper when she mentioned Striker's trial, and just waited. She would be fine not having the trial, but she didn't want to say so until Avis had said her peace. She was, after all, the wronged party.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"He's not getting off without a trial," Avis declared, attempting to inflect finality into her voice, but instead merely making it sound closer to a whine.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper held up her hand, realizing that they hadn't understood her intent with pointing out that point of the procedure in the first place, but knowing too, that she had half hoped they wouldn't insist because... she didn't want Striker to be defended, that she wasn't remotely okay with what he'd done, and that letting it lie would have been a way to fulfill her obligation as his defense without actually uttering a word to defend his actions.

"Alright. I'll contact Ermon and let him know what he's doing in the trial. Emrys will have to judge it, considering that I'll have to play lawyer, so if you want to call him up to set the date..." Pepper shrugged, stood from the table, then paused. She clearly wanted to say something, then shook her head. "Damn, I wish Nous had stayed around until we'd gotten more factotums at least. Anyway, Ermon." It wasn't quite the words that wanted to burst out of her, but she could complain about having two conflicting jobs. She walked away from the table and fished out her phone to call him.

5. Likes Matamune, Cayce liked this post
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein blinks at Pepper. "He's your Provost." She didn't have the authority to call him up the stairs. She wasn't in charge of him, not there, and not at Assembly meetings.

Her attention turns to Avis. "While we wait, there is a little matter to discuss. By the new grandfather law discussed tonight," What a great name that was, "you have three months to return the Veiled Threats to the complement of three Mages, or you will no longer be eligible as Councilor." Maybe it didn't need to be said, but it never hurt to specify.

Not yet!

C
    Casitive

Aquinas nods like the old man on the mountain, having given thought to everyone. “If there is a need for a Judge. I will do it.” A beat before he moves on, “Striker's case is a strange one due to the flux the Consilium itself is undergoing. But, what better to state unequivocally that we are one of law than to finally bring him to trial? In any case, it seems we have basis. Pepper as Defense and Ermon as Prosecution. I'll send a note his way.* Is that all we need to talk about?

M
    Mace

"I agree to the proposed trial," Mace said carefully. Striker would have his trial. It was likely to be ugly, but very necessary. "That is all I have for the trial. There are many other matters to attend to."

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper came back from where she'd made her calls, in time to hear Mace's question. "Formal Consilium - What's the Agenda? I'd like to work on some sort of FAQ about the Lex and the Charter because it's driving me nuts how many people are utterly misreading it and then saying that solitaires don't get any Rights. Also, I want to explain the changes to the Councilor restrictions and - Might as well leave space on the agenda for someone saying something that's going to blow everything up... again."

She frowned, glanced to Aquinas, then shrugged and lightened her expression. "Oh, Also, the Ladder is initiating a new member soon. It's traditional for the councilor's to witness the initiation, if any of you are interested or have the time."

Emrys

PRE

There was a small lapse of time between when Pepper sent her text and when Emrys arrived. He had taken a moment in the stairwell to calm himself, and only arrived after quick breathing exercises to keep his emotions in check.

When he finally did return, he was at least as calm when he arrived. He knocked at the threshold as he stepped back onto the balcony to herald his arrival to any who didn't see him. "Got a text about a court date?" His other hand shook his phone as he looked to Pepper.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

A nod went to the Hierarch in return. "If Ermon is prosecuting, the Mastigos would have no one else to judge for them, so you'll have to do it."

Thankfully, that was about all she had left to say on the trial before the rest of the council moved past it. They weren't quite ready to start discussing the next Consilium's agenda, in her opinion, since it sounded like Mace had other grievances to bring up, but then Emrys interrupted them anyways.

"Are we ready to declare a date, or should we wait to hear from Ermon how long it'll take him to build his case?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.