Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Skeleton Keys) Dark Water

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    C
    Casitive

Stepping off of the lumbering white light-rail bus, David makes his way passed the pristine upper-middle class homes of Pocket-Greenhaven. It isn't where Kindred normally head to as with the night's arrival most Kine are either somewhere else or safe in their homes. A puff of exhaust and the bus trundles off, quickly becoming a will-o-the-wisp as it slides into the darkness.

A lone jogger passes on the opposite side of David, the rhythmic thump of feet hitting pavement sound almost musical to the Mekhet. Almost like the heart-beat David has long since lost.

To David's right is a chain-link fence, a sharp decline, and a wide canal of calm, silent water. The Mortician asked the Asp to meet him along this ribbon of water deep in suburban purgatory to do what David trusts her to do: to protect the interests of the First Estate.

Eyes rove the landscape searching for the familiar silhouette of the Mekhet Whip.

Cabochard Rina Yui

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina appeared from out of the shadows that lined the canal, walking purposefully over to the man who had called her. Her hood pulled up to hide her face, her knife placed securely in her boot, she was ready for if bad things happened, as they so often did these days. She'd even opted to preserve her blood, not wasting it on faking life, relying instead on her hood to conceal her skin, and simple human lack of attention to conceal the other issues.

She passed the jogger, moving to the side and ducking her head to avoid being noticed or bumping into him, then approaches her Priscus. "Mr. Regan."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

C
    Casitive

David lets Rina fall into step next to him, retrieving a phone from his pocket and lighting up the immediate space between. “Miss Yui,” the Shadow says by way of greeting. “I hope you are well,” but the way David says this is almost absent-minded as his attention is fixed on his cellular screen. “I'm glad you came out to meet me on so short notice.

Finally, the message materializes on David's phone, unsent and but handed to the Asp. “Do you know anything about mobile phones?

The message on the screen is simple,
    'Interests are looking to destabilize the Domain and rouse a sleeping Tyrant.'

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina walks along with him, a little annoyed at first, when he withdraws the phone. She was about to tell him to get to the point, when she was handed the phone, and a small "oh" look passes over her face for a second. She shakes her head. "Not much. Why, is there something wrong with yours?" She was used to playing spy, at least. As she talks, she removes his message and taps in her own, before handing it back.

'Explain quickly.'
    Aspect of the Predator

C
    Casitive

It keeps giving me an error message,” David explains as he takes his phone back and reads Rina's message before tapping on the screen again. “Can't install updates, or some-such,” a side-long glance follows, “so I thought you might have an idea.

'Tyrant. Fmr Prnc Straiphen sleeps in City. We must locate before *enemies* wake him.'

So, what do you think? Is it time for a new phone?” David's look at Rina is meaningful, communicative as he offers his phone back in return. The Priscus reasons the Whip will begin to put the patterns together in her mind.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

The Shadow was definitely more agitated than she had been when she arrived. Apparently, the situation was urgent, and with the Domain being possibly destabilized, it was her job to help. "Not yet. We can always figure something out." The phone is handed back, a new message on it.

"Clues to location?"

Aspect of the Predator

C
    Casitive

David frowns at the phone as though considering just throwing the 'broken' thing into the canal. Of course, that is just part of the ruse and the Mortician would never be so careless. “It's probably something esoteric and too cryptic for me to figure out. Or, it's probably right in front of our noses.

A couple of taps on the phone and David hands it back,
    'Family Heads Search. Underworld? Haunts are looking. Clues scant. Need your skills in search.'

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina takes some time to mull over his message. The Underworld probably meant the Necropolis, but she had no familiarity with it. Her skills in the search? She turns the phone over in her hand a few times, before typing in another message. "Problems like that do like to hide in plain sight. Have you tried turning it completely on and off again?"

"Where do you need me?"
    Aspect of the Predator

C
    Casitive

Concentration strikes the face of the man at the Asp's side. Where does he need her? Where best could he use Rina? Only the aloof woman knows for sure how to use her blade with surgical precision. The Shadow tilts and turns the phone searching for what to say, before he taps at it again, “Yeah, I even reset the battery. What do you think?” The phone is passed back,

'Search for patterns. Use your judgment. Reeve is potentially compromised.'

I'm guessing I'll have to completely factory reset the phone,” resignation touches David's voice, lips in a thin, serious frown.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina passes the phone back, a new message on it. "It does seem that way. You could try calling tech support, they usually have the solutions to these things." She started thinking about how to find the body. Option #1 was hit the streets and look for anyone who might have seen some sort of operation pulling things out of the sewers. It would probably turn up nothing, but it was a place to start.

'Is there anything else I need to know?'
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.