Ended
Watch

Valentine Pizza Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was tallying the options in her head: One vegan, one mega-meat, one discount cheese, and one random pizza lets go Hawaiian. Plus appetizers: breadsticks, buffalo wings, mozzarella sticks, salad for Ramona, plus medium drinks for all I guess.

"Oh-okays, ssso we get," she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "Premo Veggie, mega-meat special, Hawaiian, and one dicounted cheese for pizzas. Ap-appetizers be: buffalo wingssss, mozzarrella ano-and bread st-ick-icks, uno-one salad, and six n-n-normal size sodas, p-pick yer own from the fridge-cabinet." She opened her eyes back up and looked at the group, wide eyes curious "D-d-d-does that sound good?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex gave Morgan a confused look. "Where'd Hawaiian come from?" Then he rapidly shook his head. "Ah, not my issue anyway. I'm good with that. So... conversation? The holiday's what dragged us all together, what're your thoughts on it?"

S
    Saeyer

Alex's wince made her leave off further questioning of his diet, mostly because she wouldn't have want anyone poking into what she ate. At least other Lost seemed to take her preference for meat at face value, with little thought to what kind of meat or why. She pulled back slightly at that thought, allowing herself to get lost among the appetizers. What sounded best? Maybe... this, or one of those. Or-

Morgan's break down of their order perked her back up and she gave a pleased nod. "That sounds great to me, though I think someone said no pineapple...?" She hadn't been paying enough attention to recall who, but she was fairly certain someone had vetoed the fruit as a topping.

"Thoughts on Valentine's day?" she mused, looking to the sole Spring among them. "Honestly, it's not really for me. Not a very good flirt, you know?" Flashing a needle-sharp grin, she opted to forego some of the details of her opinions; mostly, because they would end up being long winded. And probably boring. "But really, it just feels superficial to me. I like the idea of a day where you tell the people you love that you love them, that's sweet, but the cultural emphasis on hookups and feeling desirable leaves me cold, in various ways." She shrugged, and, because she didn't want to shut down the conversation before it even started, added: "A lot of people seem to have fun with it, though, so that's nice."

Beyond the superficiality, some deep part of her just didn't get it. What an odd part of the story people told themselves was necessary about the world, what a strange bit of habit and advertising rolled into something that made so many people depressed for their inability to live up to its standards.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

"Sounds good Morgan and it’s fine Ava,” Daniel said “With three other pizzas I can just avoid the Hawaiian and still have plenty."

Daniel considered Alex's question before replying. He also glanced at Ramona when she asked her question. He couldn't quite tell if she was happy or insulted at having got a card. Did she not like kittens either? Was there some sort of secret Summer vendetta against cats he didn't know about?

"Always seemed too exclusive to couples. After the Queen's speech might have to rethink it a little, though. I'd never considered the holiday within the view of seasonal court progression."
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

She watches Ava as she picks a direction for the conversation, the discussion of the meal apparently concluded. After the Scrivener speaks, she glances at Daniel, then shrugs, "Gotta say, I agree with Ava. Superficial is a good word for it." She pauses for a moment, then sighs, and makes a concession, "When it goes well, it goes well, I guess, and how nice for those people to get it right. But for most of us, for me at least, it's just a great big holiday to Anxiety. If you're in a relationship, you've got to gauge your partner's expectations. If you're not, then you've got to endure this massive pressure, the cultural emphasis on hookups," she nods to Ava as she repeats the phrase, "Stuff like that drives me crazy. It's like everyone feels entitled to shove their noses into your private life because it's the theme of the season." Well that sure doesn't sound bitter. Nope, not one bit! She looks like she has more to say on the subject, maybe a bit of a rant, but restrains herself. They're here to have fun, after all.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan let out a giggle and pointed at the sign listing foods and prices to answer Alex's question, "Heh-heh frrrom there. P-p-plus I-pay-I-pick," She just shrugged and spread her hands, right up until Ava reminded her of Daniel's request. Morgan actually facepalmed, "R-r-right-right, splitzzzy? Ah-ha-yosh, compromise-spilts! Half grecian half-Hawaii, godo-good mix. Be-right-back," she walked over to the register, placing the order and leaving a $20 tip by accident before rushing back.

As for why she'd attended, well that was something she had to ask Ava about. She turned to Ava and timidly added, "I k-kinda attend as the eh-heh-heh Twilit-erm club greeter, sorta-accurate, t-t-thought my attendance at all events beeee mondo-mato-modo-guh, required. Oro-or tis it j-just expected?" Then she smiled speaking to everyone this time, "Plus heh-hoped for freebie Mrs. Rosemary's cooking, but no show, which truly did blow." The raccoon sadly shook her head. As for the romance aspect, she felt herself nodding along to Ramona as she agreed with the taller woman, "T-t-totally here ye words Ramona. Ffffolks be rude-n-obsessed with, what-is-phrase...boating other-r-rs together? Bleh," she shook her head in disgust, "Tis mmmost strange to heh-have fffolks asking on THAT when ye are hang-jumping off a building j-just due to a heh-holiday. I certainly heh-had better-important things occupy me-mind at that time."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex listened to the others, as Morgan went to place the Pizza order. Mostly, he was feeling pretty good now, somehow, he feel in with a group who so weren't into Valentines any more than him. Though when Morgan got back he started at her tale. "Did I hear that right? Someone ask you one a date while you were hanging off a building? I'm guessing Parkour there, but geez, you'd think whoever it was would consider the safety measures of no surprises up there or something."

He shook his head then offered up his own opinion - only fair, really. "I've got multiple issues with the whole thing. For starters, I mean, It's definitely a western thing. My school didn't have the right population for Valentines to be a thing, but it was in tv and stuff, Everyone's favorite complaint about hook-ups, and On top of those, even when I have been in a relationship, expectations still tend to center around sex." He sneered and scrunched his nose in reaction to that, then mumbled on, "I don't know, I just find it chronically awful that a holiday presented as being about romantic love makes everyone act like the end all be all way to show it is getting naked between the sheets. I'd like to think it's more, or just different, than that."

At least one of his roommates would have teased him about his romance novels infecting his emotions. He snorted at that thought, then looked to Ava, "Actually, that's one of the reasons I recommend Kayla Bashe to you, she's definitely one of those romance writers who can convince the reader that the characters are in love without tumbling them into bed. Graveyard Sparrow just has the extra bonus of a sideplot? Meta plot? That's definitely on the macabe side of things, and uh..that just seems appropriate." He blushed at the last, realizing that he'd been relying perhaps more on stereotype than instinct. He'd have to re-read the novel and really think about it to feel completely good about that suggestion now.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Tessa reclines back in her chair as she waits for the pizza to come, or at least as much as she can in a straightbacked chair.

"I dunno. Even before I got caught by the Others, I never really got Valentine's Day. It's like some celebration of love or something, unless I'm misreading all the hearts flying around everywhere. You go to Wal-Mart and it's covered in hearts and chocolates. I view it like I view Easter. Meaningless and just an excuse to give chocolate. But on the bright side, chocolate."

S
    Saeyer

Yeah, they didn't seem to be an especially pro-Valentines group; it had been implied by their corner grouping, but it was different when everyone actually gave their opinion. At least there didn't seem to be anyone who was frustrated because they were really into it. She shook her head at Morgan's question, readying a response as the Steepscrambler voiced her own Valentine opinions.

"About the events, I think it's just good form to go. If you're busy or you're really not feeling it, I woudn't worry too much." If they were mandatory, that would've made Spring's last orgy mandatory attendance. An uncomfortable thought, though she had ended up going out of sheer curiosity anyway. "I'd say you're probably only really required to attend things that happen on Our side of town." Not that Autumn had a 'side' of the Freehold, but hopefully it made enough sense to get the point across.

Nodding along as Alex spoke, a grin split her face at he spoke a little more about one of his suggestions. Appropriately macabre, indeed. "Hey, sounds good to me. That's the way I like my romance: happening to characters I like for reasons other than the fact that they're super into each other. Still, y'know, whatever floats your boat. And, nothing wrong with macabre. It's hard to keep fluffiness exciting." She was going to need to find this book. Romance wasn't entirely her thing, like she'd mentioned, but it sounded like a fun read. At the very least, a break from the norm and a conversation starter.

And, she was definitely with Tessa on the 'who cares, look at the food' aspect of these holidays. A marshmallow peep once in awhile was good for the soul, regardless of the meaning behind Easter.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Not a lot of love lost between the present Changelings and the holiday. There actually seemed to be a little bit of animosity in fact. He couldn't help but wonder if the precieved focus on hook ups had more to do with people looking at that emphasis. If he were to think on it further he might realize that after coming back from Fairie he didn't really focus that much on physical intimacy anymore. However, then he caught the word 'Graveyard' and instinctively turned back to the conversation.

"Sideplot? Meta-plot? You're being kinda vague there," he said with a half smile "What's it about?" Daniel was all for spoilers. What if you or the author died before you finished a series? No, better to know the plot before hand and enjoy the experince of the details later.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread