Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

All for One and One for All....

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Lynn Mills

Lynn took a deep breath of the cool night air, letting it flush through her lungs and clear her head a bit. She’d pulled Morgan along after they’d walked out of the bar and was feeling just a bit nervous. Finally she just decided that she had to come out and say it.

Morgan.” She sighed. “This is going to come out all wrong, I just know it.” Lynn coughed a bit and scuffed her shoes along the ground. “I just wanted you to know. You’re my friend. Quite possibly my best friend, certainly one of the best I’ve had since… since Jason.” She hitched a bit at her fiddle case. “And I wanted to say, that if you ever decided to form a Motley, a real one, I would consider it an honor to be included.

She waited, a bit breathless at what her friend’s response would be.

2. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The night air was helping Morgan cool down from all the alcohol. She'd made no protests to Lynn's leading her, it was easier then trying to focus through haze. She wasn't expecting the offer to be a proper motley mate though, the surprise clear on her face. And in her voice, "Wha-motley, me make, what?"

Morgan was shocked anyone would want her in a motley. She didn't see herself as a major asset and certainly not a leader type that would try to create a motley. It took a moment for her booze addled brain to clear up, so she gave her head a shake. Then a second shake. That seemed to help. Looking up at Lynn, the raccoon's expression was still surprised, "Um, I too am joyous that we are such awesome friends. And the thing, me-being-surprised, earlier wasn't meant as a slight against ye, no-no-no like you too much. Um, twas more that, well, surprised t-t-that you think azzz highly of me." She paused for a moment then placed a hand on her chest, "I really truly doubt, hic, eh-heh sorry. I doubt I am-am as good at stuff as others, surely not-no-no. I j-just try to help folks hic...I-I am hic, what-is-word, hic, oh-that: overwhelmed at-at your offer."

Morgan really did seemed utterly flattered and surprised at Lynn's offer. She put on a smile, "I twould be heh-happy to join a motley with you. I w-w-would do me best not to be a burden hic oro-or cause trouble and heh-help."

Lynn Mills

"Morgan Bellanar." Lynn's voice was gently chiding. "I have no idea why you have so little faith in yourself. You are a good, kind and caring person and I wouldn't be making this offer I didn't think you were worth it." She shrugged and a warm smile crossed her face. "But that's ok. I've got faith enough for the both of us, so that will do for now." Lynn turned and started walking again, down streets made strange by the night's darkness. "See, from what I understand, it's supposed to work like this; you've got strength that I lack and I've got strengths that you lack. We help each other out and take care of any problems that come up together."

After a few more steps, Lynn turned again to face Morgan. "I think that sounds like a good idea, don't you?"

5. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was surprised again. One can often be one's own harshest critic and thus the hardest to win over. Lynn also managed to get the bandit masked Lost to blush at her compliments. Morgan wouldn't argue that she cared, but she just didn't think she was as good at things as others in the Freehold. Plus, the last time she'd tried being gutsy she ran into a goatrilla.

Yet, it was nice to know that Lynn thought highly of her, "T-t-t-thank you," she managed to get out with a smile towards her friend. She followed Lynn and listened intentlly as the fiddler explained motleys to her. The explanation...well it kind of sounded like just helping friends. There is the oath too. Oh, right that. Always thought motleys were part of a major joint endeavor...Wait, aren't Ava 'n Mal in a motley? Yeeeah, motleys can be friendship based. Morgan's face contorted into various expressions as she mulled over this, mostly confused, as she followed Lynn.

But she did stop when Lynn turned back towards her. Morgan could only nod and grin, "T-t-tis a good notion. I am totally-all-for-it. Aaaand promise not to drag ye into any Twilit Page Tour Guide stuff-f-f-f if avoidable, heh...Uh," well, this was the iffy part, "Know there tis a pledge f-for hic, heh, this. A-any notions on terms? Oh-oh! Ano-and any ot-other fffolks ye wanted to recruit?"

Lynn Mills

Lynn spun gently on the ball of one foot, giggling a bit to herself. Now that Morgan had agreed to her offer and more importantly, hadn’t rejected her; she was feeling much more relaxed and a bit giddy from the drinks.

I know a version of the Motley pledge; and from what I’ve seen Motleys formed from friendship usually last for a year and a day; along with the promise to help and care for each other like family.” She shrugged. “And I think I’d be ok with the Twilit Page stuff, if I have the time to prepare for it. Might be interesting.” She tilted her head to the side. “I don’t really have anyone else that I’d want to ask to join, right now anyways. I don’t make friends, real friends all that well.” She tucked her hands into her pockets. “Do you have anyone you’d like to ask? I trust your judgment.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan tilted her head in thought, stumbling a little thanks to the booze. With a few hops and (literal) hiccups she regained her balance. Was there anyone she'd be willing to ask? Well, it would probably be easier listing those she wasn't willing ot ask. "T-t-thank you. Um-heh-hic-heh, p-plenty of gogo-good fffolks in town, hic, many know, that-is-I-know, be trustworthy. Mostly Beasts. Me boss, technically-superior-rank, b-b-but think Ava tis already in motley wid da grumpy-friendly-wolf." She chuckled and shrugged. "Probably tis easier-short-list of who I NOT wanna ask, heh. Ano-and ye will make-ke more friends," she tried to point at Lynn as she said this. Her hand kept wavering because the world wouldn't stop wobbling, "Ye are sssstill new to Sacramento, ye will-ill make more excellent friends for ye arrr excellent self." She tired to nod in a sagely fashion. It didn't work with being drunk.

Then Morgan smiled up at Lynn, "Besides, c-c-c-can't others get invited into motleys after they made? Oro-or something like-ah-dat?"

Lynn Mills

Lynn paused, obviously thinking over everything she knew about pledges (and possibly standing upright).

"I think you're right. So long as everybody already involved agrees, we can always bring another person in. In which case, I think I'd like to meet your other friends before we ask them to join up." She grinned at Morgan and found a deep window ledge to perch in. "Sooooooo...... you still in?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan tilted her head in thought before she stumbled as she tripped over something, maybe her feet, but didn't fall. She held out her arms to try to keep her balance. Then tried tilting her head again, "Hmmm...Yup, that t'would make the most sense. Ye have sense and sensibility, why-is-that-familiar? Oh, ye heh-have met Ava and Tessa...Reeeeeeally sorry about that me on fire thing." Fortunately for Morgan, she was too drunk to get easily embarrassed by recounting that incident.

Though it did hinder her attention, "Imma still in what?...Oh, heh, righty-roo, motley thing too. Yeah, sure. Yozz and me can a motley be, heh-rhyme...Uh," even drunk, she had the focus to look sheepish as she rubbed the back of her head, "I've nada-never been in one a'fore, heh. Ssssso, how do we do this?" She laughed and spread her arms in a "I don't know" gesture before stumbling and extending them for balance again. She grumbled out, "'Stupid spinning world needs to spin slower."

Lynn Mills

Lynn giggled. "Well, first I think that we need to be in a more private place. We can go back to my apartment and work out what we each want and all of that." She rubbed at her head and waved down a taxi, acknowledging to herself that she might want to sober up just a bit before they wrote figured everything up and called the Wyrd to witness it. Swearing an oath while drunk . . . might not be the best idea.

------------------------------------------------

A quick cab ride found them back at her apparentment, where three flights of stairs proved to be unexpectedly tricky. Lynn managed by holding onto each rail carefully and watching her feet to make sure that she was actually stepping on the stairs. Three flights, forty five stairs and a sticky door later, they'd made it safely into her apartment. Lynn rubbed at her head, kicked her shoes off randomly and waved Morgan in as she headed to the couch. She was suddenly very tired and curled up at one end while leaving the other free for her friend.

"So, I think we should write it up, before we pledge. And maybe have a pot of coffee." She reached out to the coffee table and snagged a notebook and pen; squinting at the page as she tried to think. "Do you have any ideas?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The raccoon nodded to what seemed like a sound idea, especially since the taxi would hopefully be less wobbily then the sidewalk.
    ----------------
    Morgan was quiet following Lynn up the stairs. Not because she was trying to be stealthy, but because she climbed up on all fours rather then trying to keep her balance. The raccoon hesitated at the door, staring in confusion at Lynn's shoes for a moment. "Oh," she set her own shoes aside at the entrance before stumbling over to the couch as well.

Morgan plopped face first onto the couch, before sliding down onto the floor. After a moment she rearranged herself so her back was resting against the couch. "Huh? Oh, r-right ideal-ideas, heh. Uh, year-and-day standard I guess for time. Banes-bans-bad stuff for fail be good stuff go aways maybe? Or get worse? Plbt," she actually blew a raspberry with her tongue, "Like we'd intently fail helping friends....Oh, heh-hey! We gotta thinker out boons, right?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread