Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Skeleton Keys) Alias Nick Beal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Angel Ducard

Back to my study room at the library. I had made a few calls on my way over trying to track down a couple people who can help. This is going to be interesting for sure. Such a tall task that we have in front of us.

Dear Julian should be here soon, he has been my rock of the last couple months. I hope he feels the same way. I would hate to have to remove him...

Another text is sent to one of my contacts at the Sacramento PD, letting him know I need some time and some help. Hopefully he will get back to me soon. While I wait, I continue to do research on different homeless squats throughout the city, with special focus on South Sacramento.

About 20 minutes after Angel receives her reply, the Haunt appears at the study room. He knocks once, before entering and subsequently closing the door. 'Professor' Durand had opted for a jacket befitting the title - and the slight smirk on his lips showed that atleast he, if no one else, was pleased with his joke.

"Good evening, Priscus - I trust you are well?" asks the Whip, cheerfully "Was there something I can help you with?"

A
    Angel Ducard

I look up from my laptop. "Good evening Julian. Yes. Tell me, how do you feel about spelunking?"

I watch his face now, waiting to see his response to such matters. Waiting to see how he reacts to the question. I can only assume this was not at all the question he thought he would be being asked.

West , what kind of roles would you prefer for research of homeless squats in South Sacramento, utilizing my laptop as a tool to assist? Thanks!

A flash of confusion knotted his brow. Why? "Spelunking? Does this have something to do with the warning Reeve Wooding posted last month?" That was the only thought that came to mind, and he vaguely hoped that wasn't the reason for the question. Maybe she didn't want to explore the Warrens, perhaps she simply had a keen interest in geology...

A
    Angel Ducard

"Yes Spelunking." When he asks about Reeve Wooding's post I nod, "Indeed it does actually. But not exactly in the way you think. There is a threat to the Domain. We have reason to believe that Erika Brady is plotting against the domain. Long story short, we believe she wants to raise the former Tyrant Prince Tobias Straiphen from Torper to reestablish his rule over Sacramento. We find it odd that while this plot was going on, a pillar of the domain, Arnold Culler, disappears unexpectedly and the Necropolis is empty."

I pause for a moment checking to see if he is tracking... or if he has any questions.

His lips purse as he listens, taking in the information. "Brady? Isn't she a Regent?" he shakes his head gently "You do enjoy playing with the stakes high, don't you?"

First a Priscus, and now you ask me to help you un-seat a Regent...is there to be no rest for the wicked?

"Alright, so what is the plan? Want me to see if I can go dig up Culler?" Julian asks pleasantly, the smile returning to his lips.

A
    Angel Ducard

I smile at him now, Dear Julian, you are a naive boy, are you not. But so endearing. I really do value him.

"Yes, She is indeed a regent. But as far as playing high stakes. I sit at the table at play the cards dealt, I can't help it if it happens to be a no limit table and other's keep raising the bets..." My words carry a bashfulness that is entirely an act. I know exactly what I am doing and what I will continue to do. Everything I do, every alliance that I make is for a reason. Saying otherwise is just showing humility, even though the humility is as loaded as the words.

"Yes that is exactly what I want you to do. But there are two caveats. Number One, The Reeve cannot be involved. The other Prisci feel that he is not impartial to this task of bringing down a Regent of his Clan. I am more concerned with this reflecting well on Clan Nosferatu. We must continue to undo the damage that Baldwin did. Talk to Martha Villiers or other domain members of longstanding to find out where the Necropolis is. Number Two, We have to work Fast. The Prince has ordered a hard deadline."

I pause for a moment, taking time to think about my next few words, how much to say. "Julian. If you run into trouble, do NOT engage. I do not want to loose you. You are very important to me. Strictly recon please."

The Haunt simply smiled as she suggested this was someone else's doing. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't - in either case, he suspected Angel would do all she could to maximize the benefit stemming from Regent Brady's fall.

After all, that was why he'd sided with her bid for Priscus.

He raised an eyebrow at that, though "I've met with Reeve Wooding. Indeed, at the moment it looks like I'll be joining his Circle in the not so distant future" he stated pleasantly. Evidently something had changed between the last time the Haunt's had met and discussed politics "But if you want to try and keep this in-clan, I understand. I'll talk to Martha, see if she is available. What sort of deadline are you talking?"

He was glad to see this was authorised, if nothing else. When she'd mentioned not talking to the Reeve some alarm bells had gone off in his mind. Taking down a Regent was only one step short of a coup. But if the Prince himself knew about this, and the Prisci were all involved, the odds of any blowback landing on Julian seemed relatively low.

"I appreciate the concern, but may I use my discretion if trouble appears? I've no interest in suicide runs, and if things get messy I'm going to make a run for it. But, if we are tight on time, we might not get a second chance to explore the Warrens..."

A
    Angel Ducard

I pause for a moment, curious about the comment related to the Circle. "You are joining with the Circle of the Crone. Color me a bit surprised. I had thought the Invictus was your destination of choice. Not that I would question you, your decisions are certainly your own. But I am just a bit surprised." I hope he doesn't take that wrong. If he wants to join up with the Pagan fools or the Christian fools instead of the Invictus, I am not going to judge. To each their own.

"Not so much In clan, but more along the lines of..." I pause gauging my words, "We need to be sure where people's loyalties are. I do not know enough of the Reeve to question him beyond what is reasonable, but the other Prisci were quite serious. As for you question of time, 3 months from the Date of March 6th."

When he asks about his discretion I smile to him. My teeth flash with no hint of fang, "Julian, you are the only one I trust in this domain." Not entirely true or false, I don't devoutly trust Julian, but what we have requires some. "Use your best judgement, but dash it all you come back with your Requiem in tact. We have no idea what will be found down there."

"Umm, I don't really know how to put it - it's a bit of a long story, so I'll try and give you the abridged version. In terms of context, I was technically part of the Circle back in Philadelphia, albeit only as part of the Chorus. I don't really recall how much I mentioned the last time we spoke - but the Domain was in a pretty bad state when I packed my bags and left. The Covenants fell into conflict, the Prince was burnt alive - fun times for all involved. My association with the Crone more or less ended when I hit the road." He paused for a moment, and scratched at his chin. He'd shaved it clean a few hours prior, as was his usual habit. "A nomadic existence tends to put things in a new perspective. When I arrived here, my only real concern was securing for myself a comfortable position. Long story short, I guess I woke up one night and realised that I'd sort of managed to do that, without needing the Invictus ties I'd imagined. Re-joining the Circle here, on my own terms, is largely my way of indulging my more spiritual side, I suppose you could say."

There was a lot he'd left unsaid. Weird dreams weren't something he really felt like announcing to all and sundry, nor was the pressing need to escape from boredom. It was a little embarrassing how empty he'd found his life to have become.

"Besides, you don't see the Acolytes in cage matches every second month. If the current trend continues, I wouldn't be surprised to see the First Estate lose more than just a little respect. What happened with Baldwin threw just as much mud onto them as it did onto our Clan." He said plainly, and gave a slight shrug. Something about Monomacy rubbed him wrong, but he was hardly plotting revolutionary dissent. He liked the way power was balanced in this Domain, and the last thing he wanted was the same strife he'd fled from to follow him to his new home.

A simple nod showed the Haunt's thoughts on the matter. He'd met the Reeve. He liked the man he'd met. But he didn't know him. If this was to be all hush-hush, so be it.

"I'm flattered, Angel, thank you. I'll do what I can to ensure that your trust is validated. Beyond Martha, is their anyone you'd suggest I get in contact with?" He paused again, and glanced down at his wristwatch. It was an old habit - the gods alone knew why he did it "Given that we are time-tight, I should probably start assembling people sooner rather than later."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.