Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Whispers of Growth

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    E
    Ermac

Ermac spoke up, "Gentlemen, let's get ourselves bit of privacy." The Obrimos was wove the Imago, reshaping a bubble of air around them to ensure eavesdroppers would be discouraged. As the spell took hold, he introduced himself, "Hello, I'm Ermac. You may know of me. I wear many hats." That was very accurate. "A Syndic, for non-Libertine comparisons would be considered the "Order Head."

"I am also a Syndic of the Free Council. Just to preemptively dispel any concerns, there's no difference between myself and Emrys in duties and function. I'm just the old fogey." He gave a playful grin to the younger Syndic, "I am also Provost of the Obrimos. I am Edgetender and Sigil Holder of The Whispering Wave."

[roll=Let no sound escape! 4 sux]

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermac's roll for bookkeeping
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-16 08:03:16 Ermac rolls 7 to Influence Sound (Gno + Forces) (10 Again) 2, 7, 2, 8, 2, 10, 9, 9 4 successes

Ermon hasn't spent all this time living with an Epopt to start go all happy and careless about security. He waits for the familiar tingling that follows Ermac spellcasting before speaking freely:

"Well, I'm Ermon. Been here... About a year and half, I think? Mastigos, Silver Ladder, Factotum, former Hearthmaster of Unbound Smoke. Sleeper-wise, I'm good with cooking and construction work and know a thing or two about security. I'm interested in the Hearthmaster role here".

He pauses in case there are questions:

"Ehmm... I know I'm late, so sorry if you've covered this. But what's your Cabal's focus? And are you looking for full members or Fosters?"

Not like he is below brewing tea for other Mages... Scratch that, Ermon enjoys doing that but being second-rate in a group that has been around for a whole five minutes? Not cool.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

T

Striker nodded to Ermon as he came in, recognising him as one of the faces that had been around for awhile. That got him no small amount of respect in Striker's books given the number of mages he'd seen come and go in just under a year of being in the city.

Striker tried to keep track of what everyone was saying they were to the consilium and the cabal. It seemed they had a Lorekeeper, Farseeker, Edgetender and Ermon wanted the Hearthmaster position. What have you got to offer? Lawbreaker?

"So yous are both head of your order then?" He asked, looking between Emrys and Ermac. "How's that work then?"

Then suddenly he realised why he felt out of place. These blokes looked like they had nothing to them. If they needed defendin' chances are I'll be up front while the rest of them are lookin' for the nearest exit. Well at least I'd be doin' somethin'.

"Anyway. I never liked the idea of fostering ay. Especially with that everyone's been saying about how everyone really needs to be in a cabal to really be part of the consillium. You guys are just new anyways right? But that's just my opinion ay." he said then looked at Arthur and raised his eyebrows. "So I'd be happy to be Doorwarden if yous'll have me."

Emrys

PRE

Emrys shrunk a bit into a seat as Ermac equates Syndics to Order heads. He wasn't usually a stickler for that particular tenet, but Libertines had a thing about hierarchies for a reason.

"There is no head of the Free Council." He said with an almost apologetic look to Ermac. "Syndics are just debate couches to help the Voters make an informed decision on how we handle things as an order. We make our decisions together, and me and Ermac just help to make sure they are informed and well thought out decisions. If you need something from the Order talk to Crowley, as our Emissary he can pass a message along to whoever needs to hear it."

True fact, it's why Emrys had him appointed to the position, but that wasn't why people were here tonight.

"As for positions and recruitment and the cabal, let me clarify." Eyes scanned the group, and the Enchanter seemed to ease up a little in the process. "The Whispering Wave is a cabal based around the gathering and dissemination of information through the Concilium. It's our goal to learn and inform everyone to the best of our ability, to that end Ermac was going to look into becoming Herald."

The Enchanter looked back to the elder Syndic, as if to ask the status of that particular point before continuing. "As for recruitment, we're looking for people to join the cabal fully. If there are questions as to whether we can cooperate, we'll accept Fosters for a time while we get a feel for each other, but otherwise we'll skip that step in the process."

"Those interested in specific positions, why don't you tell us about yourselves and why you want the position." A look was given to Ermon and Striker. "Like okay, you two want Hearthmaster and Doorwarden, that's great. Why should we let you have them though? What skills and experience are you bringing that gives you the ability to fill those rolls? This isn't meant as an attack, but I'm just meeting most of you or have only recently met you, so I have no idea if I can trust you with these positions. Tell me why I can."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon listens to the answers with a cocked head while nodding at the same time. The motion looks sort of weird but he is in deep-thought mode now:

"Great, gathering and dissemination? I can do that, especially the gathering thing: have some influence with the Sleepers and some contacts, know how to rub them the right way. Plus, I'm nice", - the Warlock grins self-confidently for a moment.

"The Hearthmaster role? Well, the job is to keep the Sanctum a home and the Cabal - healthy. It's sort of what I do: I help set up rooms and security, I can make art and decorate. I can take care of most of the cooking and I'm fairly good at making people open up and making sure there's nothing serious brewing in the Cabal. I'd give you recommendations but my former Cabal has bailed town in it's entirety. No fault of mine, might I add. Still, I was with the head of the Ladder and the Guardians and neither thought me incompetent so there is that".

He scratches the back of his head, thinking of something else:

"I'm also good with the Lex and have a Library on it I'll be bringing if I join. It's not exactly Hearthmaster'ish but it's a skill that might help you guys out".

He surreptitiously glances at Striker: the man is sort of famous and not entirely for the good things. If they'll end up in a Cabal that 'opening up' skill will probably need some serious amount of alcohol to help grease things a bit.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

T

"Huh." Striker grunted at Emrys' explanation. "Makes sense I guess. And so the Wave's is basically tryin' to keep people in the loop. Sounds like what this concilium needs ay. Any particular type of information? Or jus' everythin'?" He asked.

He opened his mouth in surprise a little when he was asked why he should be allowed to be doorwarden and just stared at Emrys for a second.

"So unless I'm mistaken I'm the only Arrow here. I know that doesn't necessarily mean much, an' if anyone else can handle themselves in a fight that's great. But, as far as I can see I'd be the best to make sure yous don't get your head's bashed in." The word trust had come up and Striker had the feeling that it wasn't going to be handed to him on a platter. "I know yous all have prob'ly heard rumours about me, but I give you my word as an Arrow, if you'll have me I wont let yous down. If yous want me to be doorwarden an' literally jus' stand at the door and guard yous I'll even do that." he stated plainly. After a beat he continued. "But. I do keep my ear to the ground around the street an' I usually hear about what's going on, so don't think I wont be able to help yous with your mission statement thing either." he finished.

Ermon's final snippet of information was interesting for a few reasons and prompted Striker to mention something else. "Oh yeah. I've got a bunch of tools an' stuff for working on cars and bikes an' stuff I had setup in my workshop. They're in boxes at the moment but if we get a good sized sanctum to setup in yous'll be able to use'm if you want. Otherwise I'll set'em up back at Arrow headquarters." he nodded content with what he'd said.

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Are you all looking to only to fill those positions?" Arthur asks after some thought and forced silence as others speak.

Loremaster just sounds like work and that other guy is already the Hand.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

T

E
    Ermac

Emrys's expression was noted. The younger Syndic was right. A gentle smile was all he gave. "Correct, I am looking into becoming the second Herald." Hearing the Thyrsus and Mastigos voice their roles, he nodded. "I'm good with Striker serving as Doorwarden and Ermon as Hearthmaster." Then looking to Arthur, "I wouldn't be adverse to doubling up with another Edgetender. It would allow me to allocate attention to my near endless obligations."

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur nods his head in ascent as Ermac opens the possibility. Edgetender...could work.

"As I said before I'm Arthur. I am fairly new to town and from what I've heard it sounds like this place has had some rough times."

"In regards to Edgetending. I have some knowledge of Prime and have connections with some of the local sleeper political structures. If that's needed to acquire the supernal resources we may need."
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread