Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Whispers of Growth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Emrys

PRE

Il Fornaio had been chosen by Emrys as the meeting place for the Awakened to gather, and a private room was reserved. Word had been spread that a new cabal, The Whispering Wave, was looking for recruits and this was the time and place to meet them. A private room had been reserved by the Syndic that people were lead to, and they could find him by the door waiting for other people to arrive. Maybe he was anxious about recruiting, or maybe he was just getting impatient waiting to eat for the others to arrive. Either way, the Enchanter awaited his friends and new people, wndering who exactly Fate would draw to the gathering.

By request, this thread is for recruitment into the Whispering Wave cabal. I've tagged the three people I know are playing solitaires and are interested in joining a cabal, but feel free to ignore that if you aren't interested. Also if you are playing a Solitaire and weren't tagged feel free to join anyway! Open recruitment means whoever wants to join the cabal is free to see about doing so here!

T

Striker had heard the whispers and decided to follow them up. Being a solitaire would suck balls, but it would be better than trying to drag the Archangels back into the realm of viability. Best solution though? Start fresh, and apparently a new cabal had formed that might give him that chance. He doubted they'd want him with his reputation, but you had to ask.

He grimaced when he saw the place they were supposed to meet. It looked fancy. At least cash wasn't that much of a problem like last time he mused as he remembered the last time he went to a restaurant to meet a guy about joining a cabal. Hopefully this new guy wouldn't go and get himself killed.

Finding Emrys waiting he gave a quick chuckle. It made sense, the guy seemed to have drive and he didn't blame the bloke for ditching the Archangels. "Hey mate, anyone else here?" he asked the magus.

Sight 2 and Shield 3
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-11 13:27:50 Striker rolls 5 to Pulse of the Living World (Gnosis+Life+HS-2 Duration) (10 Again) 1, 6, 10, 8, 7, 2 2 successes
    2015-03-11 13:27:17 Striker rolls 7 to Organic Resilience (Gnosis+Life+HS) -1 Mana (24hrs) (10 Again) 3, 4, 4, 7, 10, 8, 8, 1 3 successes

Fluke arrived at the Italian restaurant, figuring that it was important to show up and meet any potential Cabalmates. Besides, the place sounded like it had some pretty darn good Italian food. I hope one of them ends up footing the bill, he thought to himself, checking his empty pockets once more. Money was for suckers! Right...maybe not, but he didn't have a job, so that was that. I'll have to do something about that whole being the Farseeker, he considered, but figured that with a bit of luck, anything was possible.

As he approached, the Acanthus noticed his Cabalmate and some other guy. Upon a closer look, he recognized the man from the Concilium shindig. He had been the one who had been accused about violating the laws and all that jazz. Ehhh, this should be interesting, he thought to himself, trying to keep a positive outlook on things. "Hey Emrys," he said in greeting to the other Enchanter, offering him a friendly smile. "Striker, right?" He had heard the name enough times to put a name to a face after all.

E
    Ermac

Ermac arrived giving a wave to Emrys. "Good to see you," His eyes fell on Striker. Oh no. The Consilium's loose cannon was now a Solitaire. Unsurprising from his apparently endless rap sheet.

A light sigh passed through his teeth. The temptation to emphatically tell his Cabalmates "no" was strong. He reluctantly thought about the possible membership of the wayward Thyrsus. Well, we do need a Door Warden... Pragmatism won that debate. Give the Arrow a task and he'll do it...hopefully.

Apparoaching the pair, "Hey Fluke, Striker, how are you two?"

Shield 4, Sight 2
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-11 22:38:45 Ermac rolls 7 to Supernal Vision (Prime + Gno + HS) (10 Again) 8, 7, 1, 6, 5, 4, 8 2 successes
    2015-03-11 22:37:52 Ermac rolls 9 to Unseen Shield (Forces + Gno + HS) (10 Again) 2, 4, 10, 5, 1, 10, 1, 5, 8, 5, 8 4 successes

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hell yes Italian. Maybe there will be an Italian? Maybe. Wonder if she's hot.

The glows are easy to spot. All guys....maybe next time.

Walking over to the men he assumes are the Whispering Wave Arthur throws them a heads up nod.

"This the wave?"

Shield and Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-11 21:46:15 Arthur rolls 6 to Read Matrices (Whispers) (10 Again) 4, 2, 8, 2, 1, 4 1 success
    2015-03-11 21:45:54 Arthur rolls 6 to Unseen Shield (Whispers) (10 Again) 10, 6, 6, 9, 3, 5, 2 2 successes
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Emrys

PRE

A pang of guilt caused Emrys's lip to twitch when he saw Striker. Apparently going into someone's home and verbally ripping them a new one wasn't great for unit cohesion.

"Hey Striker. Did Apollo not work out?" He had to ask, because guilt was a thing for the Enchanter.

"Hey guys. Thanks for coming." He said as he tried to smile to Fluke and Ermac. Of coarse he was smiling, but after seeing Striker something about his attempts to be positive just seemed.... off.

"This is indeed the Wave." Emrys answered Arthur. He peaked out the door to see if anyone else was coming, closing it with no one else in view*.

"I suppose we can start with introductions?" Emrys started scanning the room. "I go by Emrys, and I'm a Syndic of the Free Council, Lorekeeper of the Whispering Wave, and newly appointed Provost of the Path pf Thistle." The smile grew a bit in sincerity as he looked to Fluke, his pride finally conquering his embarrassment at least a little.

T

"Hey fellas." Striker said lifting his head slightly in greeting as the three others joined them.

"Yeah Apollo was fine mate, but I was just sick of sittin' round with my thumb up my arse and since Weave didn't wanna do jack I thought I'd see if yous were interested in havin' someone who wants to actually do somethin' useful. Provost mate. Nice work, seems Wave's a good name since you're makin' them." Striker said to Emrys with a grin. Including the others he continued "So name's Striker. I'm an Arrow, Shaman. I was scrounger for the Archangels but no-one ever asked me for jack and we never did anything that I had to get supplies for so I'll do whatever role needs fillin' ay." he said, happy in the knowledge that Emrys was already Lorekeeper - the only role he would flat out refuse.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

The morning started out as all mornings before an important date do. Wake up. Look in the mirror. Resist the urge to punch it. Take a shower, shave, dry out, iron the best shirt, spend the next half an hour making the appearance look good but not like you have actually spent more than an hour working on it.

In the end, Ermon walks into Il Fronaio dressed in dark blue jeans and a light shirt, his hair somewhat ruffled. For the first public appearance in months, the Warlock doesn't look like he has just escaped Purgatory and appears relaxed and rested instead. He makes his entrance just as Emrys closes the door to the private room, knocks on it and walks inside making sure to close it again behind him:

"Hello, everyone. Sorry, one hell of a day. I'm Ermon, are we doing introductions and roles?"
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"What's a Syndic for the Libertines?" Arthur's head tilts a bit to the side. Libertines with titles? Guess it would make sense. Maybe they have the same failings as sleeper democracies too.

"I'm Arthur Theurgist of the Ladder." He double looks at the one armed guy, that has to suck.

Arthur waves a hand outwardly. "You want me to sound proof around us?"
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

As Ermac arrived, Fluke offered his cabalmate a quick wave. "Hey man, how's it going?" he said in greeting to the Obrimos. And then, a couple more arrived. Ermon he had met before, but he had never seen the other guy before. Fortunately, Emrys got things started on the right track, suggesting they introduce themselves to each other.

"Hey guys," said the Acanthus, offering a genuine smile. "I'm Fluke! An Acanthus of the Free Council, and Farseeker of the Whispering Wave." With the introduction done, he looked around to see who would go next.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread