Ended
Watch

Knock on Any Door

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Angel Ducard

I nod to Mr. Lukyanenko, "Yes he was indeed a member of the Invictus, and you are more then likely correct about it being a covenant matter, but still, he was a upstanding member of the domain, who seemingly descended into near madness in the span of two months."

I think for a moment on the question that Mr. Lukyanenko asks about allies, "No, it is not, as long as you are not interfering with there duties or using any supernatural compulsion," and getting in my way...

When Kenneth asks his question, I can't help but wonder if he is being dismissive of our goal, Perhaps I may end up stepping on his throat after all...

"You are correct Mr. Gilroy, Those two things will only take us so far. Which is why Whip Durand and I are moving to raise our prominence and become more respected and relied upon in the domain. I have involved myself in two ongoing investigations in the domain, and your Clan Whip is quickly becoming a go to by members of all Covenants and Clans. We have attended meetings of covenants and are considering membership in at least two, possibly more..." I pause looking at Kenneth. If My eyes say I'll squash you little bug, it isn't on purpose, I am still trying to figure out how to relax against the way his curse is influincing me. The smell of Sergei doesn't help either. "We must prove that we can be of support, and not just the monsters that stereotypes would make us out to be."

"Your assistance would be welcome, Mr Lukyanenko" remarks the Haunt, his lips shifting back to his usual lazy smile. There was nothing he really felt like adding to Angel's answers - she'd covered the bases pretty well. He nodded along as Angel spoke of their continuing efforts to integrate within the wider Domain. It was not a difficult concept to grasp, and it was hard not to raise an eyebrow at Kenneth's question. It was, at the core of it, simply a matter of showing that they were more than a Curse given flesh. Sure, there were a number of ways to show this - but making friends and not murdering people in front of an audience seemed like a pretty good place to start.

B
    BDeHaven

"Priscus Ducard, Mr.Durand have the two of you been members of this domain for long?"I ask. Mentally taking stock of the situation we have a Priscus who is currently with out a covenant and who looks like she's stepped strait out of a black and white film which is the least offensive curse of the four of us. The Whip is currently also with out of covenant and although he seems amiable and has a ready smile, he seems ready to eat your face at a moments notice. Mr. Gilroy who seems to be quite intelligent, is a member of the Lancea Sanctum, new to the domain and is unfortunately for him and us almost as repugnant as my stench. And of course there is me, newcomer to the domain carrying the stench of rotten flesh wherever I go.

"It appears to me that we have a considerably difficult task ahead of us. I would need some time to settle in before I could be of any great use to you. I'd need to learn the strengths and numbers of our society and the other covenants, and of course there are so many other connections that need to be made."

Let's hope I don't overstep on this"I don't mean to offend either of you as I'm sure your both aware, I think that if we are to show others that Clan Nosferatu are more than just the monsters we appear to be then the two of you might want to choose a covenant as soon as possible. In my experience being committed to a cause helps change the views of those you interact with. Giving a half bow in their direction.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Gilroy was a little surprised by Angel’s response. Not the hateful stare, of course. It was rare he hadn’t seen that very same look on his Sire’s face at least three times a night. The monochromatic light of Angel’s eyes certainly made it more striking than any look he’d received from Tabitha though. Gilroy averted his eyes instinctively. What did surprise him was the lack of instruction on what either he or his fellow newcomer should do. Kenneth chided himself that it shouldn’t be so shocking that his Priscus expected independent action. After having spent years under tight control, it only appeared odd due to contrast. He needed to try harder to break that mind set.

“Of course,” he said, bowing to the Elders’ judgment. “I offer my help in whatever you deem advantageous to our cause,” he said. Still, he couldn’t help but think they should be taking advantage of the monstrous opinion others prescribed to them. “I can my scientific and academic research expertise to use at your disposal for any investigation you have undertaken. Or any task you see fit,” he clarified. He supposed before he criticized others about long term plans he should really come up with some of his own. God, he had a lot of work to do.

“Who are the covenant and clan leaders?” he asked as a follow on to Sergei’s question.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    Angel Ducard

I look to Sergei and nod at his question and his comment. "That is an understandable question, both Whip Durand and I have been in the domain for approximately six months. Which, to my understanding, is a suprising length of time. Sacramento is something of a waystation for Kindred, coming and going rapidly."

I pause for a couple moments whispers of thought run through my mind, gauging the validity of his recommendation and questioning if I should be offended by his assertion "Mr. Lukyanenko, I appreciate your insight. Let me speak for myself and then I will let Your Clan Whip respond. I will not speak for him. I have been doing my research on the various covenants in this domain and investigating the possibility of joining with one of them. It is not a decision I make with haste, however it is a decision that will be made."

And then Kenneth speaks... Igor, Frankenstein's Igor. That is what Kenneth reminds me of. I now resolve to treat him as such and through that curtail my disgust.

"Thank you Mr. Gilroy, I will utilize those skills in one of my investigations currently, I will tell you now though, it will be a goose chase that I have for you." When he asks about the covenant and Clan Leaders my head gives him the smallest of nods in conjunction with the corner of my mouth raising to a small smile, it is a wise question. Not bad for a ... Control yourself Angel.

"The Carthian Movement do not seem to have an official leader as their presence is small. The loudest voice in that loose alliance is Gerald Baker, but I wouldn't call him the Prefect." The Ordo Dracul next I suppose,

"The Ordo Dracul, I believe is led by David Regan, who is also the Mekhet Priscus. I don't know what he is calling himself from a title perspective, but I am confident to say he is acting as their leader through my work assisting in a Dragon Related investigation."

"From what I understand the The Reeve of the Domain is also the leader of the Circle of the Crone. Not much else to say about that, but my understanding is that their presence is also small." Now what is important to little Gilroy...

"The Lancea Sanctum's leader is Thomas Galilei, but I haven't seen him recently. You may want to talk to Josephine Sterling, as she is the only other member of the Lance that I know of. She is also the Ventrue Priscus, so Careful with that one." Not to mention a rather unpleasant woman, but they will find that out on their own.

The first estate, the most promenant, and the most secretive... how to broach the subject of the Invictus, "And lastly the Invictus. As you know, this is an Invictus led domain. I will be honest in saying that I don't Know who the leader of the Invictus is. However, judging by the fact that the Prince is referred to as a Duke and that nearly everything in the domain utilizes Invictus niceties, it is safe to say that he is a if not the leader of the Invictus." I pause for a moment letting all that information sink in.

"Whip Durand, do you have anything to add?"

"Nothing pertinent" he remarked pleasantly, gently shaking his head. Angel had covered all the main points, and his own assessment - particular of the Carthians - matched that which she'd expressed. As he turned to Sergei, a small bitter part of him wanted to point out that it had been an Invictus Haunt which had left them cleaning up the pieces in the first place. Brushing it aside, he felt his lips curl back into the usual lazy smile "I've been in contact with Hierophant Wooding. At this stage, it is my intent to join the Circle." It was short and concise statement - he didn't feel the need to justify his decision to anyone bar perhaps his fellow Acolytes and Angel.

His eyes flickered between his two noxious Cousins - imagining how they might fit into the Domain. He pictured them floating from group to group in Court, going through the all too familiar stage of introductions. Who would they meet first, what sort of impressions would they make? It was going to be interesting to observe...

B
    BDeHaven

"It is my intent to seek out the Invictus relatively soon and make them aware of my arrival." I state. Turning my head towards Julian "I have always maintained a pleasant working relationship with the Circle, Mr. Durand If you would be so kind as to make introductions when you are able to it would be most appreciated."

Most interesting I had no idea Sacramento was so transitional."So It could be assumed that most of the Prisci have been here awhile. Likely a few others as well. What are the current numbers of kindred? And are we four all of our clan discounting the missing Lord Baldwin? Also did any one go looking for him or investigate the cause of this unseemly madness?" I inquire, my curiosity piqued over the apparent abrupt decent of an esteemed Invictus member.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"I look forward to the challenge," he said as Angel dangled the test in front of him. He did look forward to it. Kenneth was nothing if not confident in his field. If he succeeded, then that just helped solidify a position of being useful. Of course, he also had to trust that Angel knew how such knowledge could be applied and was not as far behind the times as her appearance suggested.

Gilroy made note of all names and positions, though from what she was saying some of it was more hearsay than actual title. Still, for them to be mentioned meant they were figures of importance, influence, or at least popularity. Ms. Ducard covered the Cartians and then explained how the Dragons and Mekhet shared the same head. The Reeve and Crone leader were one as well, though a name wasn't supplied till Mr. Durand gave his piece. Well, that adds an interesting aspect to previous interactions. The implications of a Crone Reeve were not something that gave Gilroy a lot of faith in fair justice toward the Lancea. Then again if the Circle was anything like Julian, he probably didn't have to worry overly much about overt witch hunts against the Sanctified. Could they be said to be witch hunts if they were done by witches against the church? Kenneth brushed aside the thought for now.

Then there was his own covenant ruled by a man named Thomas... Gilroy almost let out a groan... Really? Galilee? There was subtle and then was a step below using the name Christian Christianson. The Ventrue Priscus, Josephine Sterling, at least sounded more grounded. Perhaps more disturbing than Thomas' name was that Ducard could only think of two members. Including him that brought the grand total up to only three! Barely enough to be called a covenant.

He was also a little surprised at the lack of information concerning the Invictus, considering they ruled the domain. Though there were quite a few offices scattered amongst the other covenants. Kenneth noticed the Nosferatu Priscus hadn't mentioned the Deava or Gangrel either. Were those clans simply nonexistant? He doubted that. More likely given the small time frame of six months they simply hadn't been introduced. Or perhaps, in the case of the Deava, deliberately avoided.

Sergi supplied more than enough questions. For the time being Gilroy processes all the information. If half a year was a 'long time' kindred numbers didn't really matter as much. Which was a good thing in someways, especially for the Lancea Sanctum. Kenneth would have asked about the current investigations first before digging at what both the other members considered a painful wound. The question was out there now, so he let it be answered and hope he could segue into the problem Ducard wanted him to solve.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    Angel Ducard

More questions, good, they are interested in the domain, that only helps to lend the success of the Nosferatu. When he asks about Lord Baldwin I think for a moment.

"That is a safe assumption, The prisci are tenured within the domain. As for Lord Baldwin, there has been no sign of him since the night of his savagery." I leave it at that, not much else needs to be said as far as I am concerned. If my predecessor has truely lost his mind, it is a problem for the Reeve and his office.

"Do either of you have any further questions or concerns? Do you both have a full understanding of His Majesty's Laws?"

B
    BDeHaven

"His Majesty's Laws as you have retold them are quite clear. Is there a place where I might find Invictus members? And more importantly what service may I render you in return for Acknowledgement?"

Pulling a Silver case from a pocket I pass cards out to the three of them. The card itself is quite simple, Ivory colored and bearing my name and phone number in a elegant but readable font.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.