Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Gilroy entered the Nox feeling very out of place. His wardrobe was fairly limited so he was wearing corduroy pants, plain button up shirt with a thin plain tie, and a cardigan. And his crucifix as well of course. With the rich and higher class interior and fashionably dressed club goers, this was not Gilroy's normal 'scene'. If his information was correct though, he would be coming here quiet often. Well, probably not the upstairs section but even just walking through with an ensemble like he had now enough times was bound to make him stand out and be remembered. Though there was a chance this wasn't Elysium. His grandsire had told him to start his search at Avalon, which had been renamed and as far Gilroy knew was under new ownership. Still, it was a start point.

He headed downstairs and felt his unbeating heart sink. His beast mind stayed relatively still with only a nagging need to feed. No writhing anger or terror at recognizing another vampire. A couple near the couches did catch his attention though. His shoulders slumped slightly and he avoided eye contact as he slowly approached.

"I beg your pardon, sir; ma'am. My name is Kenneth Gilroy," breathing in to speak he briefly felt like gagging from the putrid stench in the air. While horrid, it was a very strong point in favor of one of the two being not only a vampire but possibly one of his own Clan "I'm sorry to interrupt but I'm looking for some members of my family. You'd remember if you saw them, there's a pretty strong clan resemblance." To most it would simply be odd wording but a vampire would key in return the hint. Call and response, action and reaction.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    Angel Ducard

"Very good Mister Lukyanenko..." My words drift off before I can answer his other, very valid, questions. I notice another new arrival come down the steps. As he approaches I cannot help but feel like I should shew him away like a nagging fly. His voice... grates on him. If he were a mosquito, I would slap him away. I still might depending on the next minutes. He hasn't done anything beyond exist yet, and existing is not a reason to reject immediately. Hopefully he will be useful for things beyond sending people scurrying in disgust...

Switching now to English, from my previous use of Russian, "Good evening, I believe you have come to the right place. this is Mister Lukyanenko. I am Angel Ducard. We are both of the family you seek. I am the matriarch of said family. If you could please advise us of your name and your business here. You can speak freely in this, the Private area of the Nox. You have found yourself in a safe space." Unless I decide to drive my heal into your throat like the vermin you may turn out to be.

I want to hear him use our words, speak of our terms, before I completely open up. I cannot be blamed for questioning the snake that slithers into the garden, Eve I am not...

B
    BDeHaven

"Good Evening."I state in english as She speaks my name. The beast doesn't stir a bit at this newcomer that in and of it's self is not exactly a surprise since so many of our clan don't provoke the beast. He may indeed be one of us, trying to recall a time where I found someone so distasteful after but a moment. I steel my face trying hard not to sneer at him.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Rather than relax upon hearing the woman’s words Gilroy actually stiffens and stands a little straighter before going immediately into a lanky bow. Oddly, it somehow comes off more as a cringe in a strange way.

“It is my honor to meet you Priscus Angel Ducard, ma’am. And you as well, Mister Lukyanenko, sir,” he straightened though his shoulders remained hunched. He wasn’t too surprised at hearing the man was Nosferatu, having had another several seconds he could say for certain the decaying smell came from him. It was unexpected to learn the woman was the clan head. Looking at her now with downcast eyes he could somewhat see it. The dull grey of her eyes, the sheen of her pure black hair. She was beautiful to sure but it was offputting.

“Thank you for your time. I am Kenneth Gilroy, Lay Brother of the Lancea et Sanctum. Mr. Gilroy or just Gilroy is fine," he could have said doctor but he knew a Kine title was not something that Kindred needed to address him by "I am the childe of Tabitha Jarius who has recently released me. I have only just arrived from Boston to take up a research position at the university’s science department. I come seeking acknowledgement and to learn about the local Domain.” That covered the basics. “As Priscus of the Nosferatu Clan, I am, of course, also at your service,” he added, his long gangly neck inclining in way you'd almost think would need extra vertebrae.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    Angel Ducard

I listen to him as he tells me everything I need to know. Good, I will need need to sully my shoes on the soft tissue of his throat. "Thank you as well Mr. Gilroy. You have found yourself in his Majesty Asa Clarke's Elysia. I welcome you to the Domain."

I look now to both Kenneth, and Sergei and think for a moment. "Bare with me for a moment, I am going to make a quick text. I feel that there is one piece of our happy family missing. And since you are both here, you should also meet your Clan's Whip."

I send a quick text to see if Julian is available. "Once he arrives, we will discuss what is expected of you both as members of the Domain and of Sacramento's Clan Nosferatu."

B
    BDeHaven

Nodding graciously to Ms. Ducard as she takes out her phone. I wonder if his is a hard position in this domain, in my experience Nosferatu generally put on a unified front to outsiders in the first place.

"So Mister Gilroy, What branch of science do you specialize in?" Moving over to him so that Priscus Ducard can have some privacy with her texting. The repugnant smell wafts around us.

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

"You are most gracious," he says as Ms. Ducard thanks him and welcomes him to the domain. Her countenance and politeness around him was almost unsettling. He was used to Tabitha deride his every action. If not for his grandsire, Gilroy doubted he'd know how to respond to kindness. Then again, the neonate knew even Elijah expected something out of the relationship in return.

"Of course Priscus," Kenneth replied as the clan matriarch texted the Whip. So far the scientist had found his Priscus, the Prince's name, and would soon learn the Whip's identity. It seemed his night was going well. He didn't contradict her 'happy family' comment. Lowly he might be but he was not an idiot. Any who truly believed that were fools. While his Sire had drilled into his head for years the importance of standing with family against outside forces (it was expected of him given his position), Gilroy had few illusion about how 'happy' they would be doing it.

Gilroy moved back a slight step as Mr. Lukyanenko moved towards him. The young Nosferatu was able to suppress the instinct from backing him into a wall or over a couch. However, the movement still gave the impression of an insect being flanked. The man's odor flowed over them. Never had Gilroy been so happy he did not have to breath. Then when the Russian asked his specialty, his posture seemed to shift every so slightly, like a scorpion displaying its stinger.

"Originally it was biochemistry. At the time of my Embrace there had been a lot of exciting things happening in the field. I've expanded over the years into many of the related biological and chemical fields. Molecular biology, genetics, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, anatomy, and of course hematology to name a few. I have a solid foundation on most natural sciences as well." In truth expanding his knowledge of other fields was not the most difficult task. Keeping up with advancements was the wall he often needed to surmount. It required constantly reading the newest publications. Having just recently moved, Gilroy supposed he would have to set up subscriptions. He didn't mention it for fear of appearing less useful, but he planed on conducting more research into applied sciences like the chemical engineering or biomedical.

It doesn't take Julian long to arrive. He'd considered doubling back to his Haven to change into something more...academic in nature. But he couldn't justify it, even if the joke amused him so, for the Haunt was only a few blocks away when he'd received the text.

He entered the Elysium with the usual lazy smile carved into his features, his attire smart casual. The atavistic dread he exuded turned his dull green eyes into an unspoken threat - uncaring and cruel. It announced him for what he was - his Beast may have been masked but he appeared every bit the bored predator.

"Good evening, Priscus Ducard; gentlemen. I do hope this evening finds you all well. Julian Durand, it's a pleasure." He said cheerfully, offering a hand first to the older man who smelt like a charnel house, and then in turn to his disgusting compatriot. He wanted to gag, deep down, but he knew he shouldn't. It wasn't their fault. He'd just have to apply a lot of disinfectant when he got home.

He let his gaze drift over the men; trying to a form a first impression. They were more than merely their curses given flesh - they had to be. The crucifix in particular caught his eye, but he was careful not to let his gaze linger to long on it.

A
    Angel Ducard

I listen to the conversation and smile at the seeming polite conversation. Doesn't seem like small talk, seems like wanting to settle into some kind of familiarity. Which is good.

"Ah, Julian! Thank you for coming so quickly. I hope we did not interrupt anything this evening." I smile at him as he arrives. "Gentleman, turning to the new arrivals, May I introduce you too your honorable and esteemed Clan Whip, Julian Durand.* I can say without any hesitation that he is fair and just man." I take a moment to let that settle in. "Julian, may I in turn introduce you too Mr. Kenneth Gilroy of the Lancea Sanctum and Mr. Sergei Lukyanenko," I give proper accents to Mr. Lukyanenko's name, "of the Invictus."

Another pause now to let everything sink in, "Julian, we were just about to discuss His Majesty's laws, before that, do you have any initial advice to help orientate our new arrivals?"

B
    BDeHaven

"It's always nice meeting educated people in this day an age, I consider myself to be somewhat of an academician always trying to glean some knowledge although I bow to your expertise in the sciences."Nodding appreciatively at what Mr. Gilroy was telling me I break off our conversation as a man enters the room. Although the Beast inside me slumbers for the moment, I can't help but notice the hungry gaze emanating from Mr. Durand as I grasp his hand in a firm shake. That gaze fills me with indecision part of me wants to flee from him another part wants me to put him down as you would any marauding animal come into your pasture.

"Mr. Durand how nice to meet you, I happen to find the night is continually improving since the distinct pleasure of meeting our dear lady." Gesturing towards the serene beauty of Priscus Ducard.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.