Ended
Watch

Knock on Any Door

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Angel Ducard

It is a pleasant enough night, but the upstairs of The Nox just does not seem to be my scene to night. The plebs are out in force and there is a distinct smell of Axe body spray from a few of them that I fell I should try to avoid. So down I go to the private area of the club. The kind that is reserved for the distinguished, and unliving, members of the Sacramento populous. I have the sheen of life to my flesh and the makeup to assist with hiding my oh so white flesh. I had planned to blend in and perhaps do a little information gathering, but I just couldn't take the masses tonight. So here I sit now on one of the luxurious couches that the Prince has made available in the Nox's Elysia. I would kick my shoes off and sprawl out if I thought no one was watching, but only a fool would think that the Elysia does not have both ears and eyes.

I take out my phone, and my notebook and begin doing some impromptu planning and research for some projects I have. After all, idle hands and all that.

B
    BDeHaven

I've been in the city for several days now, keeping a low profile and watching from the safety of the furthest distance possible. By the about the sixth day I think I have managed to find a place where the kindred of Sacramento meet fairly regularly a night club by the name of Nox. Waiting a few more days till it's the middle of the week grants me a relatively slow night for the club.

Fewer kine fewer us I hope.Frowning in distaste I make up my mind willing the blood to flow I start breathing as my warm body enters the club immediately my ears are assaulted by the thumping rhythmic noise of electric dance music and the smell of sweating writhing bodies. I do a lap or three slowly around the club trying to blend in as much as possible all the while watching the kine as they glance around looking for the source of that revolting odor. It isn't long before I spot a bouncer standing near a door leading to a lower level. I approach him smiling all friendly like and watch as his eyes start to water from the stink, he let's me on through that obvious huh?

To nice of furniture for a night club definitely for my kind. As I go further into basement I spot a beauty sitting on one of the plush couches that are strewn around the room, curiously there is a distinct lack of reaction from within. I clear my throat and step closer as the ever present putrescent smell of necrotic flesh fills the area around us.

“ Good evening I am Sergei, how do you do?” I ask with the most winning smile I can muster.

A
    Angel Ducard

I look up as the smell announces his presence. Then a familiar accent comes from those wrinkled and withered features. "добрый вечер" I say as I stand and offer him my hand by greeting. My accent is perfect, as I can still feel the rapping against my knuckles from the education of my youth.

"How does the evening find you sir?"I ask, continuing to speak in Russian. It has been some time since I utilized this language conversationally, since I was home. It is a good memory, even the sense memory of the ache in my knuckles makes me miss home.

B
    BDeHaven

Still smiling I take the offered hand giving it the appropriate amount of firmness that one would give any Russian woman all the while maintaining a direct stare.“Добрый Вечер,” is my warm reply, as my stench settles around us like a thick velvety fog of bile inducing miasma. Seeing that she knows at least a little Russian I continue speaking in my native tongue.“ The evening is finding me out of place. I am new to the city, and I figured by chance this night club may offer some kindred spirits. However I find the crowd above to be much younger and the music not to my taste and so I came down here looking for something better perchance I have found it.”

A
    Angel Ducard

So refreshing, I do love the Russian Language. But that may be the conditioning.

"Well you have come to the right place my friend. You have made your way to his Grace, Prince Asa Clarke's Elysia. Luck also seems to be on your side this evening. I feel it is safe to assume that you are a member of Clan Nosferatu?" I ask already knowing the answer but not wanting to be unnecessarily rude, I'm not Josephine after all.

B
    BDeHaven

"Ah! Fortune favors the bold." Making a quick mental note of the Prince's name." Yes, That is the clan I hail from." I pause to adjust my tie not that it needs it. "If I may be so bold, might I trouble you for your name dear lady?" I ask, giving a slight bow of the head towards her.

A
    Angel Ducard

So polite, I think I will keep him. He is probably useful somehow.

Continuing our Russian back and forth,
    "Oh, dear me, I apologize." I say to him with a laugh. "Angel Ducard, Priscus of Clan Nosferatu." My words carry a Matter of Fact tone, no different then if I said water is wet and the earth is round. My being Priscus is a matter of nature.

"So, Sergei, tell me a bit more about yourself. What brings you to Sacramento. Also, are you a member of any covenant? I ask only so I can make sure your orientation is as complete as possible."

B
    BDeHaven

Indeed I am fortunate this night, to have found both the Elysium and my clan's Priscus. I decide quickly on just how much I want to tell her. "Ofcourse Priscus Ducard, I shall keep a long story as short as possible. My Master and I arrived in the states in the early nineties after a power change in Moscow forced him to flee and me along with him. We are both members of the Invictus. And although I hate to admit it, by being newcomers we found it quite difficult to gain afoot hold in any one city where our society is so well established. So we bounced between a few cities on the east coast with sizable Russian populations, He wanted to still have a taste of home if you will and I could only follow. A few years ago I was released on my own and after a few inquires I decide that I should come out west and establish myself here, I'm sure you know there is a sizable Russian population here and after all the comforts of home have their merits." Smiling I gesture waving a hand." And there you have it."

A
    Angel Ducard

I listen attentively to the words that Sergei says, I will need to get his surname, would hate to give the wrong impression. I take notes of the things I will find useful, I strike away things that will not be. Invictus, disconcerting but it makes sense. The systems and structure of old Russian aristocracy does lend itself well to what I know of the First Estate, which granted is not much beyond rumor, hearsay, and social niceties. I continue in Russian...

"Well Sir, Fortune continues to have her hand on your shoulder. I am sure you are no doubt aware, but I would say that the Domain you are now in is a Bastion of the First Estate. It's Prince Counting itself among the members of the hallowed halls of the Invictus. Please advise me of your surname so I can properly address you as a member of your covenant."

B
    BDeHaven

"Ah, yes of course. My surname is Lukyanenko." My eyes drift around the room slowly studying my surroundings before the come back to her face. "As Priscus of our clan, I would like to know what expectations you have of us? Also are there many of us in this domain and is there a necropolis?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.