Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1503) Pepper and Avis

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"So, anyways," Avis said as they moved away from the collective herd, "what I was wanting to talk to you about was, um, well it's more of an apology. I was really angry with what was happening during the last Consilium meeting and I took it out on people I shouldn't have afterwards. So, I was wanting to apologize for being so hostile to you, and to your sister. I mean, I'm going to apologize to Mace in person, too, but I figured I might as well let you know that I'm sorry for what I said about her. I'm not sorry for being angry, because anger is useful, and necessary," she clarified, "but in that case I didn't use it well. I acted really badly. I'm hoping that we can all move past that, but either way I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry for behaving like that."

The Warlock's feet came to rest and she turned to study the woman she was talking with, eyes flicking to and then from Pepper's eyes.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes Orianna, RebornSeas liked this post
    Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper blinked, her eyebrows drew inwards with contemplation. "I appreciate and accept the sentiment of your apology. Though I also want to point out that I didn't get much of that anger directly, so I didn't - I wasn't very aware of anyone displaying more anger towards me than i had for myself, for not speaking up sooner." She paused, hoping that Avis understood she wasn't dismissing the apology or what was said.

"You're far from the only person angry at me and my cabal for those events, and I was fairly certain that no member of Panthera Nox would hold a position for the Acanthi... Instead I wind up councilor. Though, uh, you're also the only one whose offered an apology for any accusations you said in anger, even if I didn't hear them. So thanks." Pepper shrugged, then smiled crookedly. It was odd how those things worked out.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Of course. It might take some time for me to recognize it, but I'm not afraid to admit when I've fucked up," Avis acknowledged. She noticed the tone of her reply was a bit off, a bit too serious maybe, so she pulled a mimic of Pepper's smile onto her face. It didn't feel right, though, so she let it flicker away, her weight shifting back onto her heels. A bit of anxiety rose in her stomach, since she felt a bit like she was stumbling through a dark room full of low tables, but she kept on anyways. No other way to go about it, far as she knew.

"So, um, anyways, since there's no hard feelings I was wondering if you'd like to do something sometime. Like, away from all the Councilor stuff. Just as friends, ya know? Like with the waffles, but, uh, maybe something besides waffles this time."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

The acanthus shifted, wondering if her friend's dis-ease had something to do with her initial reaction to the apology. "Yeah, we're definitely friends. It... I could really use some fun, so that sounds awesome. Actually I just overheard Star mention a movie marathon at Century 16 and it's some of my favorites. What do you think?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Sure. I like movies. I mean, I live in a theater after all." An honest smile, this time, tugged at the corners of her mouth. "Afterwards, you wanna do something a bit more active? Get the blood flowing again? I think...there's a bowling alley nearby that theater."

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper tilted her head, then nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good! We'd actually be able to talk while bowling too." Because moviegoers so did not appreciated excited whispers. "Do you know the date for the marathon, you know, before you head over to Mace and I split off to introduce Arthur and Truce."

8. Likes West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"I'll look it up?" Avis half asked with a shrug. "I'll get back to you, don't worry. For now, just consider the plan made and, uh, I'll catch you later?"

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"Sure thing, bye!" Pepper backs up, waves, and heads over to grab Truce.

Pepper returns to the main thread

11. Likes Cayce liked this post
Closed Thread