Ended
Watch

Dos Amigos (Juan and Marco)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

The address leads to a nondescript apartment complex in the Communal Zone. Juan Cordoba standing in foyer, just beyond the glass door. He is dressed casually - a black t-shirt and jeans. What appears to be long dried paint of various colors adorn his clothing. He opens the door to Marco. "Buenas noches."

M
    Matrixchild

As Marco reached the address he saw Juan already waiting for him. He walked through the open door and greeted Juan with a handshake. "Buenas noches Priscus Cordoba. It's a pleasure to see you again."

J
    Juan Cordoba

"Sorry I didn't quite understand what you said," Juan unnecessarily above volume. He extended his hand and gripped Marco's firmly. "It's mighty drafty in here." He released his grip, "Come along," the Toreador turned and led the younger Daeva along.

They arrived at the second floor of the building. Producing a key from his pocket, he unlocked the door, and held it open for Marco.

Once inside, on display is a canvas sitting atop a tarp with some foundation of a painting. Along the walls are portraits. A black leather couch and TV face one another. A kitchen and doors - presumably closet, bedroom, bathroom.

After Marco enters, Juan closes the door behind them and locks it.

M
    Matrixchild

Being this close to the Priscus made his beast swell up with fear. It was a sensation he always dreaded. He'd rather be angry any day then feel like jumping out of his skin in fear. He pushed the feeling down, reminding himself that he had met Juan before and that there were family.

Marco walked in and looked around the room, taking everything in. When he heard the door close he turned around to face the man and said, "Sorry to use your title in public. I didn't want to be rude by speaking too formally."

He looked around again as he spoke. "This place looks nice and cozy."

J
    Juan Cordoba

The temptation of the blood arose within his chest. Juan had Marco precisely where he wanted him. No one would know the better. Suppressing the wicked desire to violate the Tradition, he forced a smile upon his lips. "Why thank you, Marco." He eyed the young Carthian with interest, "Just a friendly reminder, there's always the chance of ears listening in unless you're in a secure location. Mister Cordoba wouldn't be out of the ordinary given our shared mortal heritage from the Reino de España"

He gestured to the couch, "Please have a seat. You're a welcome guest."

M
    Matrixchild

"Why thank you." Marco said, sitting on the couch as Juan suggested. He sat back, putting his foot on the knee of his other leg, then putting his hands together in his lap. "I will be more mindful in the future, thank you. Now, assuming we may speak freely here, how may I help the family?" he said with a wide smile.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Unconquered took a seat on the couch at the other end. Curling his left ankle over his right knee, "I like ambition like that," he says appreciatively, "Kindred who contribute toward the greater good are rewarded."

The Carthian's blood whispered vicious thoughts to him. "For me to give you an assignment, I would need to learn a bit about yourself - what you're good at. I don't believe in assigning quests like climbing the tallest mountain for wisdom or collecting a vase's worth of "Stars of the Devil." I'm a more practical man."

He gestured to the canvas, "Obviously, my trade is painting. Although my duties involve much more. It's rare I get time to find my muse. Such a fickle one she is."

M
    Matrixchild

Marco smiled at the Priscus. "As a Carthian I value working together with others toward a greater good. In this case I want to work toward the good of the family."

Marco adjusted himself in his seat. "Well to start off, I was embraced in Mexico. After leaving my sire and fellow childe I wandered the southwest for a while. Those years alone forced me to adapt. I learned to make forgeries to survive. In fact it's a big tourist business in Mexico; forged items." Marco gave a slight smile to himself, thinking of some of his good work. "Well over time I had to develop certain personal skills if I wanted to sell those forgeries and that just evolved to confidence schemes. So in the end I'd say I'm experienced in getting close and friendly to people, making mostly convincing forgeries, and of course I've been known to pickpocket or steal from time to time. I'm not as good at that last one." Marco smiled a big smile as if he hadn't just revealed himself to be a con man.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Toreador remained silent as Fernandez spoke of his history. A nod was given as he detailed his exploits. "In a way, you sound very much like Frank Abagnale," Cordoba replied with a neutral tone of voice. He then smiled, "A good friend of mine, Konrad Roth, Gangrel; he's a businessman of the underworld. If you don't know him, I would be happy to introduce you to him."

A brief pause elapsed before he spoke, "You present a very unique skillset...I give you that. I know you've only been here a short time, however, I must perform due diligence. Have you managed to make a name for yourself, establish some connections within the Domain yet?"

M
    Matrixchild

Marco noticed the neutral tone of Juan's response but kept a smile on his face. "Well I'd like to think the comparison is apt, though now I use my skills for good. I have actually met Konrad, we're in the same covenant of course, but thank you for the offer."

At the next words Marco's mood declined. He hated being reminded of how new to the city he was, though it was merely a statement of fact. "Sadly I have not yet made the rounds. I'm experienced with the "criminal underworld" but I haven't established a reliable source of information yet. I hope to work on that as soon as possible."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread