Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper smiled. "I wasn't ready to start leading until recently, heckI didn't think to step up until I'd already spoken to you about this meeting. Things work out like that sometimes." She smiled in a way that made it clear that she could recognize her Path helping her out.

"That's it on advice, for now. Though... do you have kids?" Pepper looked up to him with bald curiosity, then winced and shook her head. "Sorry, that's not really - That's not something you need to answer. It's just... my f-- me and Mace have an honorary Uncle who is a Guardian, so I've always wondered how he risked things to be part of me and Mace's Lives. And sometimes when you get stern, you sound like him." Pepper blushed, remembering those brief words with Jono at the haunted house about her fear of pregnancy and what she'd left unsaid, then growing distraught when she remembered he was still sorting out matters after his mother's death, and that she may never get to explain it to him.

"I'm sorry, I should have left that at business."

C
    Casitive

Though one hand slides into his pocket, Aquinas' wedding ring hand remains tented over his desk. “Two girls, one is almost 18.” A chuckle comes from the Mastigos, half at the blushing soon-to-be Famulus and half at his own girls' shenanigans. “When you realize what is important to you, you know you can move Heaven and Earth.” That said, the Hierarch checks his desks and makes sure locked drawers are locked, can't let the Canvass get back and find his Johnny Walker.

When you know what's more important, there are no regrets when you make the conscious decision to step back.” Something catches Aquinas as he steps away from the desk, “I wasn't always the man you know. When I worked in New York, single, I led a different life. Waking up, I grew up a lot. But, having a family was the crucible that removed the imperfections. I hold no regrets about stepping back and sacrificing for them. It's for them that we fight, in the end.

A lopsided, thoughtful smile remains.

Shall I walk you out?

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper fell silent, awed that he'd share that about his family, then nodded. "Yes. I- Thank you, again." She was out of words, thinking that over. Thinking it all over. Her mind, though now more full of thought than when she first entered, was also tranquil. The rush of everything she was doing settled into proper places, and surety giving her warmth.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread