Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded, thinking about possibilities as she prepared to stand, then stopped, briefly.

"While I'm here - I recognize that you don't want to talk about the Legacy more - but I've been considering the condition of our order. You have the most respect and experience, so I wanted to ask if I might plan and host a meeting of the Ladder and try and get some sort plans or action in place among us." She wanted to ask for advice - but something stopped her. Was it pride? Or the suspicion that advice or not, she would have to find her own way to lead the Ladder, and that asking for advice on too general a subject or too frequently would leave her as nothing more than a puppet, and Aquinas too beleaguered to really assist. "I'd also like to formally initiate Truce, though I'm not sure what ceremony would be best for that."

C
    Casitive

Oh, of course, we're certainly due for a meeting,” Aquinas says, an easy smile finding his lips with the lines on his face deepening. “Let's do that, I can make sure there's a place set out at the Bismark if you want to use it?

While rubbing his chin, Aquinas continues, “I'm glad you've been recruiting and I'm glad Truce wants to take the mantle. Have you run him through the Elemental Precepts; exemplifying the Path of Diamond, Star, Blood, Thunder?

After arranging his thoughts Aquinas suggests, “We can make that the fulcrum of the meeting and perform the ceremony of taking the mantle then.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper was about to say no - she had some ideas that wouldn't fit in any of the Bismark's spaces - but there was something tempting enough about using Truce's induction as the main point of the meeting that she quietly considered it before nodding. "I wasn't considering it before, but I do like this. Does the Bismark have a space in the appropriate shape? I've discussed the Precepts with him quite thoroughly, along with different ways to fulfill them, but I haven't found an Initiatory task I want him to take on - and I'm not entirely sure I should be the one to task him with it, since I've only recently made factotum."

Pepper considered the meeting ahead of them with relish. It would be good, very good, to swear Truce into the Order properly... and bringing a Ceremony and it's rigidity to the fore may add steel to the Ladder, force them to align beliefs with action more. Truce too, seemed eager and ready to put the precepts into action, so his influence in the ladder should - Well, Pepper had hopes. She wouldn't hang too many on the reactions of others. They'd proven to be difficult to predict recently.

C
    Casitive

You know, I'll have to ask around. If not, we might have to make do and figure it out as we go along,” the warmth in his voice long since returned. Dormancy is only allowed for so long before it is just a polite way of saying irrelevance. “It could be good, galvanize the local caucus and discuss who we are and who we want to do.

Taking out a pad of paper and a pen, Aquinas asks, “When do you think is a good time you'd like to have this meeting? We'll have to see who still counts among our number if we'd like to pass on the Task to someone neutral.” A quick hand movement follows, “I think we'll probably have to play that by ear.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper grinned. "Exactly. I should work with Faye and Ermon, giving them some tasks to do - I know it's not exactly my place, but I'll be eligible for Famulus soon, I hope, and someone has to start - but I'm still gathering thoughts on what we should do as a Caucus, the goals to set people too." Truce's suggestion to forge a tighter connection to the Arrow was one, and it should be replicated to the other orders, if possible.

"Soon, I'd like to have it by the end of March, definitely before the next Formal Consilium if at all possible, but I got a late start on this idea so that would be rushed." She cringed at that, wishing she'd acted first and asked forgiveness after. "As for the people we have... Ourselves, Faye, Arthur - he's an Acolyte recently come to town, not a factotum. And Truce is to take the Mantle. Ermon... I suspect is Around, but I've rarely seen him outside of Consilium. I've been keeping tabs, best I can."

C
    Casitive

A smile finds Aquinas' lips as he writes a couple of dates and to-dos, “Oh, I don't know. The knowledge of what to do and how to do it and then leading others in doing those things, doesn't wait until you reach a certain checkpoint.” Pepper's thoughts are acknowledged with a clear twinkle in the Hierarch's eye. “Small but mighty, that should be the mantra of the Caucus right now.” The smile on Aquinas' face flows easily into a lopsided grin as he glances at the Acanthus.

Looks like this summer, you'll be teaching Neophytes the ins and outs of law.” A beat, “End of March, got it I'll give a call to the Bismark and see what's available for us to impose on.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper gave a small tight-lipped smile to the hierarch then gave a breathy laugh that was almost a sigh. "I'm still figuring out what needs doing, I can't shake the fear that I'm getting ahead of myself with all this." Though Aquinas's good humor about all of it rekindled her confidence. She was doing things, getting them moving.

It was the right thing, even if she was finding what to do only as she did them. "That's good, I've been encouraging all who seemed interested into studying the Lex, regardless of order. If all goes well, we'll have four, possibly five ready to take the exams in October. Though some might need longer to learn the law." Faye... Pepper hoped she'd be willing to learn. She seemed to hesitate at the idea of studying it, plus, she'd lost some time to study, with leaving town for that time. Plus Gyges' failure to arrive at the meeting they arranged... At least Emrys and Truce seemed to have the presence and drive to accomplish that.

C
    Casitive

Good,” the word is full of confidence that Pepper will get that done, no doubt evident in his tone. “Even if they aren't in the order, us teaching them The Way both exerts our influence as well as ministers to the Awakened about our Imperium.

As to her concern, Aquinas merely shrugs his shoulders. “That's why I'm here, Pepper. If you feel over your head, I'm only a call away. I'm here to support you even if I can't lead the Order myself with the responsibilities to the Consilium at the forefront of my mind.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper's pride had been hollowed out from the last consilium. She'd been empty bluster and nervous energy, and now - it filled back up with something calmer. A steady confidence that made her look forward to the future. She could mange this, to be Councilor for the path of Thystle and leader of the Ladder.

"Thank you. I hesitated to reach out, a little intimidated really, but I'm glad I finally did. I think that's all we can do for planning, at least until we can get a space - And if Truce is Taking the Mantle I'll need to figure out his quest, and also speak to him about guests."

C
    Casitive

Aquinas' smile endures, "I'm glad you reached out, myself. Leadership isn't just about doing it all yourself, it is about trusting those below to be able to accomplish to the best of their abilities. How can they if they are afraid to ask for advice?" Something to think about, certainly.

"Anyway, sounds like you've got a lot on your plate." Rising, the Hierarch takes a jacket hanging on a wall and throws it on. "Need anything else? It's meatball night at home and I don't want to be late."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread