Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Dark Wings) Twilight Adventure

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce moves to a separate part of the Cabal's Sanctum, inviting Damascus to join him as they prepare to do their reconnaissance of the gallery location. With Crowley's predictions seemingly suggesting the venue to be safe to approach, Truce doesn't seem overly worried anymore. But having some eyes on the scene would be handy, and they could overcome physical obstacles within the purview of his Path's Ruling Arcanum.

He stops at his suite to pick up a few things. His magic tool ring he fits on his hand, his scrutiny tool crystal he places into the inside pocket of his sports coat, and basic first aid kit he carries with him. And of course his wallet and cell phone are always in his pants pockets.

"Hmm, I suppose I should just carry this in a bookbag. And in case the ritual takes too long, or if the unthinkable happens, or if I have to recast the gate from the other side we aught to take some food and water along as well," suggests Truce to Damascus.

"So, my plan for us is to get to a location closer to the gallery, find a safe location, and open the gate there. We'll move quickly to the gallery building, take a look around from our Twilight vantage, and leave. Then we'll have an idea of both the building layout as well as where if the paintings themselves are being held there. Does that sound alright to you?"

Eris Damascus Cayce

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

I'm going to treat this thread like combat rounds in the sense that we'll be having a 24 hour rule now instead of 48.

E
    Eris

Damascus made a brief detour to her room before joining Truce, thinking to unravel her own perceptive weaves and rework them to relieve some of the strain she was beginning to feel from maintaining so many spells simultaneously. With an exhalation she closed her eyes and focused upon forming the two imago’s she’d normally invoke to perceive magic and to speak with spirits with spirits concurrently, speaking words of the fallen city to facilitate the process.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-03 05:11:02 Damascus rolls 6 to Second Sight + Spirit Tongue (Gno 3 + Spi 3 + HS 2 -2 combined) (10 Again) 6, 9, 5, 8, 2, 2 2 successes
    She returned wearing a pair of combat boots more suited for… combat, and with a Bowie knife strapped to her hip. Mella still rode upon her shoulder, seeming more attentive than they had in a while as Truce laid out his suggestions.

“I thought you needed a place where the Gauntlet was weak, do we know if there’s one between here and the Gallery?”

OOC

Truce Vassagon Einstein Cabochard Cayce

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce considers Damascus and answers, "We do know of a few locations from our meeting with Weavebreaker. Animus has some familiarity with a few, according to her. And she mentioned a place infused with Life Magics as well as a place she referred to as the Art Studio that used to be used by the Archangels. As Edgetenders it would be good of us to know their precise locations, but we aught not to get too distracted either. I can attempt the ritual nonetheless, even without a weakened environment. It is easier though if the Gauntlet is weak. So I guess we have to weigh our options. I think we could call Weavebreaker to at least discern if the ones she knows of are close to the Gallery. It's possible that the Art Studio she mentioned may be one and the same with the Gallery. If the location is close then it might be useful to take that detour to improve our success."

As he talks he walks towards the kitchen to grab some fruit, chips, and bottled water from the fridge to fit into his bookbag. Zipping it up, he sets it on the counter and pulls out his cell phone. "Shall I give her a call? I still have her number from that meeting."

Hallow is not necessary to cast Ghost Gate but the Gate is Vulgar, so Secrecy is a thang. Y'all can also gimme intel+occult rolls, -1 if you don't have specialty (Shadow), to theorize about gauntlet strength or you can call outside people that have absolutely nothing to do with this plot.

E
    Eris

Sad Face
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-04 04:13:20 Damascus rolls 3 to Int + Occ -1 (10 Again) 3, 1, 4 failure

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Knows Something | 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-04 08:11:30 Truce rolls 5 to know a thing or two about gauntlet strength & gates [INT+Occ-1] (10 Again) 4, 4, 1, 8, 10, 1 2 successes

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

[RI]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/owl-fractal-art-matthias-hauser.jpg[/RI]
    Parliament ¦ Unembodied Familiar ¦ Influence: Owls •, Knowledge •

The owl floated into the room, majestically, and landed on one of the chairs scattered around. He observed the people silently from his new perch, studying them. The Squire couldn't remember if they could notice him anymore - the duration of spells always left him a little confused. Einstein had never been any good at explaining it.

They seemed to be talking about the strength of the Gauntlet, and wondering. The owl-spirit wondered how long it would take them to realize there were two Squires in the room who could tell them exactly how strong the barrier was.

Two Questions

Both Truce and Parliament know that the gauntlet in Sacramento is strong (4). Simply the nature of an urban, or suburban, landscape. The concentration of people does not allow for the barrier between realms to weaken. In general, that is. Loci, fonts of spiritual energy, are places where the barrier between the Shadow and the Material realm wears thin. Loci, however, are not places that one can tread without fear of danger. It is not as simple as traipsing down to your local, neighborhood Gauntlet Crossing Station. Just as Loci gather spiritual energy, so do they gather violent, territorial beings. To find a Locus could mean finding a new enemy to fight, one entirely separate from the threat Temoins du Sud already anticipate. Certainly that is not a risk worthy of an art gallery.

For ease of play I'll hand wave Parliament knowing. Note, this does not set a precedent for the mage venue.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Hmm, yes, now that I think about it, I'm fairly certain the barrier is strong throughout the city, save for the Loci, but I don't think we want to get tangled up with those. All the more reason to use a Hallow instead for our temporary purposes. I'll contact Weavebreaker then to see if we get lucky."

Truce calls Weavebreaker to discern location of known Hallows.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread