Watch

Unleashing Your Inner Wolf

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana waited in front of her house for the others to arrive. A text had been sent to Simon and Jacqui, and now the sender sat on the steps up to the front porch, waiting for their arrival. The house was pretty simple, just a simple two-story affair, with a few bedrooms and enough space for one woman to live very comfortably. All in all, a pretty average place, that fit in nicely with its neighborhood.

She didn't really care about the outside, though. Aryana had picked the house because it was one of the rare buildings in Sacramento - hell, in California - in the possession of an actual basement. A nice spot, with brick walls and few windows, where a literal wolf could bite things without worrying too much about being seen or even heard.

In most cities, that wasn't a big issue for her, since she preferred to do her practice out in the wilderness, hunting something that would actually present a challenge. However, Sacramento didn't have any wilderness to speak of, at least not for miles, so Ary had picked a place she could practice without having to drive two hours to get to the mountains.

It would come in especially handy today, when she could teach two other wolves how to fight without fear of being spotted by any of the big nasties that might be out hunting.

E
    Enoich

Jacqueline was feeling awfully grumbly today and the sole reason was sitting quite comfortably in her purse. Aryana had insisted, nay, demanded that Jackie pick up a cell phone to help keep in contact. Part of the reason she stopped carrying a phone was to be free of obligations like receiving and sending calls, dealing with the enigma that was voice messaging, and worst of all... Telemarketers! Still, her packmate had imposed her will and Jackie really couldn't get a word in edgewise in this particular discussion, so she lamented and picked up a tiny little flip phone on a pay as you go plan... Fifteen bucks a month down the sewer just to keep up appearances. Pausing in the middle of the sidewalk, the artist ripped the blasted thing from her purse and stared at it intensely.

As if in a mocking response, it started ringing; one of those dancey-sort of jingles made of marimba and midi player that Jacqueline couldn't admit she actually enjoyed. It took a handful of seconds to realize someone was actually calling and she fumbled the thing a few times in her hands before opening it up and reading... Now why was that such a long jingle for just a text? Worthless phone. Who would have guessed, it was Ary. Better than a Telemarketer, I guess, she remarked to herself as she started walking towards the address which was surprisingly close.

Strolling through the neighborhood, Jacqueline ooh-ed and ahh-ed at the shade trees and the small children playing. Everything felt sort of right here, like somebody's grandma lived here. Better to assume that everyone's grandma lived on this street. Seeing Ary sitting on the porch, the artist waved excitedly in the rhythm of an excited puppy wagging its tail. It was always a fun time hanging out with Ary, aside from the yelling, screaming, and the tears... Okay, it was sometimes a fun time. Sprinting her way up the stairs, she ran headfirst into the Iminir, glomping the taller girl.

Someday, I will knock her down with my hugs... But not today." "So Ary, why did you... ugh... text me?"

W
    Will

Simon made his way towards the location Aryanna had texted him. He was kinda wondering why she had called him. Aryanna didn't seem somebody to just call somebody over just for fun. But he really needed to get to know the rest of his packmates better. He barely had spent any time with them. With the exception of chuck. They really needed to get a place together so they weren't all scattered around the place. Really made the vulnerable.

As he arrived he saw Jacqueline give Aryanna.. something that looked to be the mix between a tackle and a hug. He really was surprised jackie didn't get her face ripped of from that.

"Yo,Aryanna, Jacqueline." Simon said with a smile and a wave. "Why did you call us?"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana winced and grunted as Jacqui slammed into her. She felt much better, but her side was still a little sore from the beating a few weeks ago. It wasn't quite scream-worthy, though, so there was that. She gave Jacqui an almost-hug and extricated herself from it, standing and walking down to Simon. "I'm sure you're both wondering why I've brought you here." She got right to the point. There really was plenty of time, but she might as well answer them the big question they'd asked.

"We'll need to talk inside." She led the way up the stairs, opening the door for them. Once everyone is inside, she closes the door and steps in behind them. "You two are the ones who don't really know how to fight, in the pack. At least, that's what I understand. Allison's probably going to teach you how to fight in Dalu, but I thought it would be a good idea for you to learn how to fight in the wolf forms."

E
    Enoich

-Grumblegrumble-

E
    Enoich

Combat! Well it was inevitable really. There was no doubt that both Jacqueline and Simon lacked more than rudimentary training with wolf combat. It made sense to have a boot camp, but she didn't really want to go through such struggles today. It was far too nice a day to spend in Urhan form. "That's not all that fair. A lot of us spent our entire lives without thinking about fighting. You can't lump brawlers like Allison with us. But there's really no stopping it, right?" Letting out a weary sigh, Jacqueline trod along the surprisingly elegant hardwood. "So this is your place? I didn't even know you lived here all that long. It looks... Nice."

After a few seconds, she inquired, "So are we wolfing up here, or.... what?"

W
    Will

"I can see your point." The life of a werewolf was dangerous especially in sacramento. And always relying on others to protect you would screw everybody over. Since the pure or their enemies would easily be able to exploit that point.

He looked at jackie. "I don't think she's going to let us go wolf here. She probably has prepaired a place that's away from prying eyes and doesn't have windows." Now he just waited for aryanna to lead them to such a place.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana shakes her head at Jacqui. She'd sort of expected the fighting back. "I think it's perfectly fair. If you can't fight, it's not just dangerous to you, anymore. There are four other people who are going to rely on you to be able to handle yourself. If Allison and I have to constantly split our attention between who's attacking us and who's attacking you, in a fight, that could get us killed." She looked Jacqui dead in the eye and made it very clear with the hard look that she would allow no argument to that point. "You don't have to learn to fight as well as we do. You don't have to enjoy it. But you need to be able to hold your own. We live in a world where violence is a common solution to your problems, even more so here. You need to be able to react to that."

She looks around at the place and shrugs. "It's okay. I've seen better." Mansions kind of ruin your enjoyment of houses. "My plan is to use the basement to spend a little time in Urhan or Urshul. That's the first trick to learning to fight in them, just spending time on that side. Enough that you can understand it just as well as you understand your human forms. If we were in a better place, I'd take you hunting, too, but it takes a few hours to get to anywhere with decent game, around here."

E
    Enoich

The intensity of Aryana's response was... reasonable. Heck, it was sort of expected, given her ambivalence, so she took the scolding with a cool demeanor, not arguing but refusing to be scared by her packmate. Nothing good was done by cowing to another's will, despite what one might say in those nature shows. Wolves may respond like that, but damn it, they were had humanity! "I'm not denying that, Ary. The Hisil is dangerous enough to justify getting stronger. My strengths will never be my sheer might however. I am more than willing to defend myself however, especially in my forms."

A basement was impressive in this sort of place, where earthquakes were the greater threat than Tornadoes. She was surprised that houses still had basements around here in fact. "Seems like a good plan, honestly. You ought to lead the way, though. It's only proper."

W
    Will

simon just raised his eyebrow at the mention they were just going to spend time in their wolf forms and that was it. Maybe that Jacqueline needed to get aquanted with her wolf forms. But he was used to moving around in his wolf form.
    The irraka back in new york had made sure of that. Sure he hadn't really fought a lot in the form. But he had spend more hten a few nights in the hisil. Learning how to move through it, scout it and navigate it in any of his forms.

But, he guessed she didn't know that about either of them. Maybe she wanted to see for herself how good they were in moving in their wolf forms and not just take their word for it.

"Sounds a decent enough plan."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last