Ended
Watch

Medtalks

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Miach

PRE

Parking his car in front of the familiar building, Miach didn't leave the car at once. He knew what he and Idun had to talk about, and while he had always been one to look forward to the future, it didn't mean he couldn't savor the past too. He wanted it to last, as long as he could. Postponing was futile though, and the tall doctor stretched himself out of his Toyota, and slammed the door shut. Venting was always good.

The Enchanter climbed up the stair, avoiding the third march that was creaking, and rasped at the door. *Shiii-schlack !*

Idun should know that way of knocking. It was theirs.

Idun

PRE

Idun had been waiting for a knock, waiting in the waiting room. She gets up and walks over towards the door. Taking a second to flatten out any wrinkles on her cloths, she unlocks the door. "Hey Miach." She says, moving to the side as she opens the door, to premit him to come inside.

She waits for him to fully enter and to take a step away from the door before closing the door. Within a second, before stepping away herself, she locks the door. She follows behind him as he enters more into the Clinic.

Miach

PRE

"Hey Idun." the tall Acanthus said with a nod to his Cabalmate as he entered he Clinic. He looked around with a new outlook, and things seemed different as his gaze lingered on each furniture a little, instead of just glossing over them. Funny how some familiar things can take a new meaning over time.

The sound of the door locking meant that their privacy was now ensured, or as ensured it could be in their circle. Yet, Miach didn't want to get real serious yet, and instead merely leaned his head toward the basement and raised an eyebrow, silently asking whether she minded if they went to their Shared Sanctum that she graciously hosted before actually talking.

Idun

PRE

With a slight wave, she motions for Miach to lead them towards the basement with a smile. It's their Shared Sanctum after all, they might was well make use of it. It's as secure enough.

Miach

PRE

Silently walking down into the basement, Miach waited until he had reached the familiar place, their Shared Sanctum, and dropped unto a couch.

"Well... so... how are you, really ?" he asked, resuming their phone talk. Did his friend need his help ?

Idun

PRE

"Pissed and likely only got myself to blame." Idun admits as she moves to sit on a chair before the couch. "I mean, yea, I skimmed parts of the new Lex and the Charter but didn't think it was going to be the hard line. I mean, before I walked up to join the councilors during that meeting, I had spoken with both Animus and Striker about it. Animus flat out didn't want the position and Striker wasn't ready for it."

"I didn't want the post permanently so it's no big loss with the exception of the fact that those who are qualified for the post either can't take it due to legal trouble or dodged the responsibility in the first place." She admits. "And then, during the meeting we all had about the Lex, nobody pointed out the requirements for the post. We were to busy on the Golden Laws and Judgements. You'd think before the meeting ended that Nous would have said, by the way, if you want to keep your post, you better be sure of your place in a Cabal and Order while looking pointiedly at those among the Council who weren't."

Miach

PRE

"Nous is a Guardian, and I have little doubt that results matter more to her than means..." Even low, low means. "Don't blame yourself too much, she probably tried to manipulate and distract all of you into overlooking that part.

But it sure leaves you Shaman in a bad position now, not to mention how my own Councilor turned out to be..."
    Miach said, shaking his head.

"As it is though, it forces us to consider some questions." Some hard questions.

"Cabal. Order. Have you considered being interested in those two things, regardless of Nous's brand of mischievious political backstabbing...."

8. Likes West liked this post

Idun

PRE

"Sounds like your Path's going to have fun with that." Idun admits, then winces at the thought of her own Path's meeting. "As for the Cabal, I don't think we'll ever find others who are interested in being the doctors among the Awaken community. Then again, I don't recall ever getting a call to attend to anyone's injuries either."

10. Likes West liked this post

Miach

PRE

Miach could only wince at the prospect of his Path's meeting... Fun, yeah...

"I... would agree. We failed at establishing the Medstars as the go-to Cabal. Let's face it. And yet, I can't give up on the idea of contributing. I want to !" the Acanthus said forcefully.

12. Likes West liked this post

Idun

PRE

"Yea." Idun says. "We want to contribute but, well, it seems that right now, they need more doers. Given the situation with GLO..." She sighs, shaking her head.

"I want to see that through, much like what happened with that necklace with the Banshee." She admits. "And for that, we need to consider join an existing Cabal."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread