Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(SVD) L'aire and Kyle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

It gets easier every time to see Sasha react. Her way of worrying over her words, her shyness in spite of her beauty - all hopelessly endearing. The Minstrel thinks back to all the woman he had met who were... full of themselves. Maybe, at least in part, this is one of the reasons he never seems able to settle down in one location. The confident starlet - the one who owns the night in her own mind - is only good for the thrill. This is the kind of woman who stands out in a bar or at a concert, and so often the kind Kyle is drawn to. All too soon after meeting them, Kyle tires of them. He wants to move on. To distance himself from that kind of person. Sasha is clearly more than that, and Kyle is thrilled to be in her presence again.

"Thanks. Just tryin to live up to the V-day hype."

He can feel the heat rushing to his face, though not in shyness. He laughs. "I don't dance like you do. But I can. I mean... I like to think so." A wink. "You wanna dance? I'm not about to turn you down." The Minstrel steps in closer, looking at her expectantly. He stretches out his hand for hers, mindful that the vines are tightly wound about his palm. It simply wouldn't do to have them creeping about of their own volition. Kyle always considered himself something of a freak since his transformation; even if L'aire never sees him that way.

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire shrugged her bare arms while making a warmed face. “Yeah, hence the red dress.” Her aquiline fingers pointed to her torso. Red was seriously not her color, Winter or not. “But, it suits you.” Grinning softly, her other hand moved to needlessly fix his collar.

Taking his hand, the Fairest kept pace with the Minstrel. “I’ll keep it toned down.” The Fairest made a little ‘eek’ face, and tried not to be too carried away when the music ensued. The song had started, a different take on something familiar. It fit the Court and theme for the night.

But L’aire was having problems with the train of her dress earlier. Her lack of concentration seeing the Minstrel let that short term memory from earlier escape. As she had turned to head for the dance floor, she slipped on the short train of her dress. The Dancer grabbed hold of Kyle’s hand before she completely fell as she started to move into him. Because as of late, not a thing was going her way other than the Winter coronation. That was her only luck in the last year or more.

She laughed, completely embarrassed and put her hand by the side of her face mumbling. “Oh, I kinda want to die about now.”

Or run, run out of here like The Flash.

Fail, eff you dice roller
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-22 20:45:18 Sasha Dance w/Kyle rolls 10 to Dex+Expr+Spec (10 Again) 1, 4, 5, 3, 6, 3, 3, 7, 2, 5 failure

Song

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

It's been a long time since someone has fussed over Kyle's appearance. Thankfully, it brings back only fond memories; no nightmarish thoughts of an obsessive Keeper. "Appreciate that." His faded eyes fix on hers as the music starts. The color of her eyes alone is enchanting, yet there is so much more that makes her stand out. Her soft glow. Her features like something from a fairy tale - one of the good ones.

2 suxx. bittersweet irony
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-23 05:24:26 Kyle Ferlen rolls 5 to Dex+Expression to dance. (10 Again) 9, 9, 3, 5, 6 2 successes

But Kyle isn't thinking about any of that. He's in the moment. He's enjoying himself. He's even keeping pace with the Dancer who could literally dance circles around him. The grin on his face says it all: this is fun! This is what it's all about for him. To celebrate life and joy and hope, abandoning self-consciousness to live in the moment. Kyle is so caught up that he doesn't even notice she isn't in her best form.

Her sudden slip startles him, a little bit. He pulls up on her hand and pulls her close with the other, preventing her from falling over with his arm around the small of her back. "Whoa! Careful." He laughs along with her. "What? Forget about that. I wouldn't be surprised if you did that on purpose to make me feel better." And he really wouldn't.

S
    Sasha

Still embarrassed, she chuckles with pursed lips. There was an inner strive for her to be perfect, but the fact was, that was the Fetch that ran around claiming her birth name – not her. Imperfections were the difference between the Lost and Them. The way Kyle took a hold of her was unexpected. Assisting was one thing, but it felt more like a shield in an attempt to stave off whoever saw the slip.

“Hmm, one sec.” The Fairest bent down a little, quickly finding the eyelet in the dress to attach to the clear button on the back. Long dress, never again. Now pinned, the dress looked even more like a formal ball gown. “Okay, I think that will be better.”

L’aire was now more prepared, and a little more focused; or a lot more. Her steps suggested a slow waltz, yet, she hoped the Minstrel would lead. Even if she could make it look like Kyle was, she was content to follow at the moment. Although any turns he would take her through would be quite dazzling.

6 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-23 16:03:43 Sasha Dance w/Kyle take 2 rolls 10 to Dex+Expr+Spec (10 Again) 2, 4, 5, 10, 1, 2, 5, 10, 8, 8, 8, 10, 2 6 successes

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Kyle waits long enough for Sasha to make her adjustments, then gets quickly back into step.

2 suxx. Not tripping yet.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-24 17:21:52 Kyle Ferlen rolls 5 to Dex+Expression for part deux. (10 Again) 8, 5, 4, 8, 2 2 successes

The beat feels alive, punctuating moments of give and take. He's no ballroom dancer, to be sure, but he's seen enough to make the song work. He has to improvise a little as the song switches from passionate and alive to a soulful oscillation. And back again. Kyle takes it in stride - trying hard without worrying about the results. He isn't a dancer, after all. Sasha clearly is.

"I shouldn'ta said anything. Now you've got me on the ropes." he says quietly, grinning a little. He hopes people are watching. He hopes people can see the way she moves and almost certainly steals their attention. Screw whether or not anyone else is dancing... anyone who can see them is getting a free show.

S
    Sasha

“Well, that wasn’t my intention really.” Her words as sincere as the look on her face. L’aire hadn’t noticed how well or poorly the Minstrel was leading, she was just caught up in the moment. The night had been enjoyable up until she’d tripped, but still, that was already passing.

At the next spin of their dancing, when she came close to Kyle again, the Fairest was looking down a moment, while softly speaking. “I should be the one who doesn’t talk.” Her violet eyes flitted up and looked into his. The memory of the other night evident on her face. L’aire gently indicated in her hand to his, she was ready for another spin… or to avoid talking all together.

ooc

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

As the song draws to a close, Kyle doesn't feel finished. Not by a long shot. If they're going to play another song worth dancing to he isn't going to pass up the opportunity. Sasha owns the moment when she's in her element, and as far as Kyle is concerned, that's a good thing. He wants to keep her there, where she's comfortable. He meets her gaze for a moment as her eyes find his. "Nonsense." Another song begins and he gets into step again.

5 suxx. Take that, dice roller.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-25 18:17:54 Kyle Ferlen rolls 5 to Dex+Expression to dance. (10 Again) 6, 10, 10, 9, 10, 7, 3, 8 5 successes

This time, he wants to impress - and not just because he loves to perform. He wants to show her what he's capable of. Leading with confidence. Taking risks. And dancing to a song that was probably better off played at a wedding than a Valentine's Day bash. Oh well. Work with what you've got. The faint hints of an easy smile make their home on his face.

Song

S
    Sasha

She smiled, and shrugged a silent ‘okay’. The Fairest wasn’t going to speak anymore than she needed to right now. As Kyle began, she was pleasantly surprised. He could move, moreover, move with her. The song was a popular contemporary request as of late, so she knew it well.

L’aire let go…

…of all of her cares, concerns or what happened beyond the doors of the Blue Note. Terri had assumed that people came for lessons based on her dancing. However, it was only here, among the Freehold, where she could release without a worry in the world. Or so she hoped.

The Dancer wasn’t attempting to show up the Minstrel, they both had their own forte. Instead, her intention was to let him see that while she wasn’t great with words, she could express herself with body language. How his vote of confidence, and reassurance to overlook her tripping or her lack of eloquence was still inspiring. L’aire played off his moves and turns, pivoting with motions he’d probably not seen. The way Kyle and Terri inspired the Fairest made her simple glow a little more radiant.

To anyone who was watching, the Onyx Dancer’s inspiration was ever present as she moved beyond flawlessly on the dance floor with the Spring Minstrel like something straight out of a movie.

16 Suxx - Emotion - Inspiring
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-25 21:19:48 Sasha Dance w/Kyle 3 rolls 10 to Dex+Expr+Spec +(EP) (9 Again, Rote) 6, 4, 9, 9, 2, 9, 8, 10, 5, 10, 1, 10, 9, 6, 8, 4, 10, < 16 successes

ooc

-1 Glamour

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

The dance is... surreal. Moving. If his intention was to have her come out of her shell, her response exceeds expectations. The shifts, steps, spins and everything in between are choreographed perfectly. Sasha makes up for the gaps in their abilities so expertly that he doesn't even feel like he's slowing her down - she knows just what to do with whatever he offers. But the dance isn't just a display of talent. No, Kyle can feel something. Something swelling and growing in his chest. If sharing a dance can bring such peace and clarity to a girl who so often seems to lack them... what else is the Minstrel capable of? He wants to do more. Experience more. Share hope and joy with others who desperately need it, even if they would never admit it.

In a word, Kyle is inspired.

As the song draws its final note, a tangible silence and awe seems to hang in the room. "That was... I mean... wow." he manages between labored breaths, smiling all the while. He'd just been served a potent cocktail of adrenaline and physical exertion that gives a more literal interpretation of the phrase 'taking his breath away'. His head slowly clears just enough to leave him with a panicking thought... Shit. Now what? A kiss might feel right... but it wouldn't be right. She wanted to share that dance... I can't go assumin she wants to share... what we shared. His hands make their way to find hers and give them a gentle squeeze.

"I'm guessin this means our last, uh... 'meeting' didn't close any doors, then?" His smile shrinks just a little as he waits for her response - hoping not to be let down.

S
    Sasha

After the song ended, the Onyx Dancer realized she had let go. What she didn’t realize were how many were paying attention. Wexler 's clapping was unexpected as was Tally's. She fully blushed, her head was down as she moved close to Kyle, and squeezed his hands back. Her eyes looked about, wondering what Katrin Byeli 's reaction would be. If she’d be scolded for such a display, even if they did have a discussion about what it was to be Fairest.

She smiled when she finally looked up at the Minstrel. “Thank you.” Moving in to hug him, L’aire whispered. “Sorry if I got carried away.” Giggling with embarrassment. As she looked over his shoulder, she saw Rick Pereg slipping his hand into Terri Nutkins . Adorable.

Shaking her head, the Fairest’s arms were still wrapped around him. For any watching, it was probably a hug of thanks to those who could see. “I was pretty sure the door was still open when I left, I mean I thought it was.” After all, she did kiss him before hopping in the truck.

She released from the embrace, then put one hand on his shoulder and found her other hand into Kyle’s. A typical slow dance movement followed. There was a sense that anymore tonight would be overkill. Now, she just wanted to… talk, and dance.

The song had seemed choice for the Winter Court. She’d heard it before, it certainly reminded her of the tomes of their Season.

Light A Fire-Rachel Taylor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread