Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Int roll, and investigation, if we continue here
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-30 03:01:33 Chris rolls 3 to Wits + Invest - 2 (10 Again) 6, 1, 9 1 success
    2015-03-30 03:00:40 Chris rolls 7 to Intelligence + Composure (10 Again) 1, 9, 2, 10, 8, 8, 9, 1 5 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

No sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-30 04:35:10 Julian rolls 2 to Wits + Invest - 2 (10 Again) 6, 5 failure

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Julian and the Reeve make one last pass over the area. There is little else to find (though they find evidence of a small camp nearby - perhaps the victims were homeless who bedded down outside the wrong warehouse?). What other trace elements they find corroborates the information gathered earlier by the diligent Fionn: that a band of Kindred had come from the wilderness and taken over a warehouse as a temporary lair; that they captured two hapless victims, tortured and fed upon them; that they left the grotesque scene by the front doors and left in a vehicle.

At that point, Chris remembers that Fionn had also gathered material evidence from a guttering fire at the site: the Kindred had attempted to burn a list but had not been very diligent about doing so - a portion of that list had survived the fire and was with Fionn's notes, now in the Reeve's possession.

PRE

The Carthian tuts, shaking his head. "Belial's Brood? Dreadful fellows. Rest assured, I am well equipped to deal with such nuisances." Gerald isn't entirely convinced it is them - having little experience with any such nonsense - so he simply nods.

Glancing off in the direction Fionn went, Gerald seems to consider something. "I don't know how well that meek little fellow can handle himself in a fight..." Another look, this time at Julian. "Or if dear Julian has an appetite for such things..." Eyes now finally coming back to the Reeve's. "But if you need someone to disappear, Mr. Wooding, I am your man." He flashes one more, toothy grin. A shameless self-promotion, to be sure, but the Ventrue does not want to leave the Reeve in the cold about where Gerald would fit in.

"How did Fionn find the crime scene? Was he just out here hunting, or did he stumble across it while looking for something else?" asked the Haunt, as they concluded their search. That there was so little to be found was disappointing, and he wasn't sure what to do with the information they had. He gave the Ventrue a blank smile as he called into question his willingness to get down and dirty - but decided to leave it unaddressed.

"So, whats our next move? If you'd like me to lend a hand, just let me know" he added, his dread gaze focused on Chris.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris just gives Gerald a long stare. At first he's studying the man. Then, there's a message. It's not necessarily one of disapproval, but more like a warning.

Considering the most recent case of misjudgment of someone's physique, where a Gangrel turned to ash.

'Good to know Mr Baker.' It seems like these two men would be handy when dealing with Brood.

'He was out here with some other people, for some reason. He made some notes...' Chris looks at them once more. 'Maybe they can offer a clue. Because, just walking around the wildernis here seems like a hopeless cause.'

Chris looks at the list, are there names on it, addresses? You need a roll?
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The notes form a (partial) list. A list of names. Names of businesses:
    Alphonse's Antiques
    Merry Band Antique Dealers
    Gregor and Sons, Antique Wholesalers
    Roberts Cave of Wonders

They have all been stricken out with blue biro. None sound local.

PRE

The look Chris gives him. A warning? Does he find me too forward? Too eager? Gerald can't imagine. He obviously doesn't know what the Sea King is capable of. Still... he had probably been made Reeve due to actually surviving a few deadly situations. Gerald would be careful, for the sake of saving face. He doubts he would need to be careful to save his own skin.

"Fionn did? May I see these notes?" Gerald makes his way around to view the list, doing so with his head tilted at a slight angle. All of them are the names of oddities and antiques dealers. What does it all mean?

"These all look like places to buy or sell junk. Though I suppose every now and then something special can be found." He steps away again, rubbing at his beard and thinking out loud. "First a strange ritual... now searching for some kind of rare items?" He turns back to give the others an inquiring look.

"Was he searching for an artifact of some kind?" It makes sense, no? Cultists are always using strange things for their practices, are they not?

"Well, that would fit the picture, if we are going on the 'weird ritual/cult' angle as opposed to revenge or killing out of amusement..." he remarked, his voice giving the verbal equivalent of a shrug. "I'm not really sure how it relates to the bodies, though." Maybe Fionn would be able to fill in the blanks, once the Mekhet was done cleaning up.

"Soo, any ideas on how to track these guys down? I mean, if we knew more about this ritual, or whatever item they may have been looking for - we might be able to preempt their next move. But as it stands, I'm coming up blank..." an apologetic shrug, the easy smile forming back on his lips. Maybe he was just missing something, and the other two had cracked on to it.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris nods as he passes the notes along to the others.

'It seems indeed like they've been looking for an artifact of some sorts. Although the note was already burnt, so my guess is that they found what they were looking for.' Which can probably anything one can think of.

'Say, they found some sort of occult knife that draws life force or knowledge from the victims it kills. It could explain the deaths.' He shrugs, it is a matter of having some imagination. And knowledge of Cruac rituals helps. 'An antique table that was once an altar, requiring blood sacrifices. You name it.'

Their next move seems obvious. 'We can visit these stores. Question the owners, view any security clips, or find the item that this band of cultists perhaps missed.' Suddenly, there's more to gain from this mission.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread