Ended
Watch

JoViv Chit Chat

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    V
    Vivian York

It had been a while since the Daeva had spoke to the Priscus of Lords. They seemed to have somewhat of a common ground. One evening on a whim, she called Josephine and arranged to stop by her rare bookstore. Vivian wasn’t very ‘bookish’ but who knows if she had an old copy of the Kama Sutra or some other fun memento of how the times had changed.

She didn’t mind that it was a bit of a drive. Who wouldn’t in the great smelling Nova she drove. There was something about classic American cars that thrilled the Daeva. The blonde wore something relatively normal, with the exception of spiked shoes and her token leather gloves. It was a bookstore, why dress up. Moreover, it wasn’t like she was out to impress the Lordess.

Vivian parked the car a little off from the entrance. Her walk was brisk down the sidewalk, her heels clicking along the cement. She wasn’t entirely sure if she should knock and enter, or just knock. The Daeva may have not cared much for protocol, but she still wasn’t impolite. A quick wrap on the door and she stood waiting.

PRE

It was a sturdy wooden door at the foot of a small, two story building made of brick, with a tenant number sitting below glass panes that revealed a stair case leading to the second floor. Josephine appeared not long after the knock, quite a trick for a kine, but certainly not for the keen sense of the kindred, and opened the door.

"Good evening, Vivian. A pleasure to see you. Come in, won't you?" It was a rhetorical question, of course, and Josephine had already turned to return upstairs.

The stairwell they passed through was dim, even with a few light bulbs to illuminate the way, and the wooden stairs, though well polished, creaked under their feet. The stairwell ended in a landing before another doorway, though the solid wood portal was open and Josephine strode inside it. It led to a tasteful sitting room (though, perhaps, only tasteful to some), all hardwoods and rich fabric, with a modest collection of books sitting in shelves about the room. A door across the room, hanging a jar, revealed far grander book cases full of leather bound tomes.

"Allow me to take your coat and then tell me how you've been," Josephine suggested once they'd both stepped inside.

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva’s face clearly denoted she was impressed by the sitting room. Vivian adored antiques and vintage, she did drive a Nova after all. “Oh, this is quite lovely Josephine. Reminds me of Masterpiece Theatre, if you don’t mind me saying.” To some, that may have been an insult. She expected no less from the estute Lady. If there would have been anything modern in here, she imagined it would be cold, chisled and sterile. This suited her all too well.

Vivian slipped off her coat, her shirt hald shorter sleeves, it was suitable for spring. “Yes, please. Thank you kindly.” As she handed it to Josephine.

Gesturing to the sofa, she asked. “May I sit on this gorgeous davenport, please?” Waiting for the host to answer. “I’ve been well. Staying in just enough trouble to keep it interesting, yet not enough to be a nuisance.” Chuckling softly. Her eyes glanced over the bookshelves, noting the door across the way cracked open revealing more books.

“And you? How are you fairing?” It wasn’t a throw away question, Vivian actually was curious. After all, they had they hailed from the same motherland. Although, that didn’t mean they were related. One of her irritants of American’s.

PRE

"Yes, please do," Josephine replied, gesturing at the Davenport with her free hand while the other took the Daeva's jacket. A few paces brought Josephine to a closet near the door and the garment was safely placed in it upon a wooden hangar. That minor courtesy down Josephine crossed to an armchair across from the Davenport and reclined back in it.

"And I do not mind your saying so, not at all. I do quite enjoy that program when I find my undead head in need of rest." A wry smile curled the perpetually black painted lips. "Unfortunately, I've been indulging in exactly that sort of activity too much, as of late. A friend of mine, Father Gallilei, has departed for only God knows where, and how long, and I find myself entirely frustrated by it. Perhaps I once would have been saddened, yet this is the third time this has happened to me since I came to this city. Truthfully, I am exhausted by it, by being surrounded only by a sea of acquaintances, with no one to turn to for true companionship. Gallilei and I had discussed forming a Coterie, you know, but alas that is not to be. Not any longer. Now it is just I sitting on a dreary title, with only Khan's games to give me some sort of stimulation. In short...I am not fairing overly well. I'm sure you didn't come to here to listen to me complain, however."

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Everyone needed to vent. Even Lords. Uptight and particularly put together types, too. Although before Vivian crossed the threshold of the door, she did not expect what came out of Josephine’s lips. She also didn’t think begin the evening like this.

But she was a Daeva… pleased and relieved.

Vivian relaxed in time with the dark Lady. “Firstly, I wouldn’t say indulging. From the sounds of it, you need a mental break. So do not scold yourself for that.” Shrugging with a light shake of her head. “Besides, it could be far worse, you could be shopping or drinking profusely… enough to cause a media stir.” Winking a little.

“Secondly, I appreciate honesty and candidness. When some wanker who you attempt to have any kind of loyalties keeps falling off everyone’s radar, why shouldn’t you be upset?” The Deava was not about to squelch this woman getting it all off her chest. Not to mention, she really didn’t care for the Priest.

“Thirdly, complain all you like. Sometimes if we don’t vent, we take it out on others…” Truck stops. Then, Vivian asked a generally unspoken question. Since they were both just throwing it out there. “So, do you see me as more than an acquaintance?”

PRE

"I'm not sure yet, Vivian," Josephine replied candidly, brows drawing together slightly. "I will admit that I was quite thrilled to receive your call this evening, and I already feel a measure of my malaise slipping away as we converse, so I do have hope that we might move past the stage of merely being acquaintances. It is a process, however, and the only way which I know to go about that process is by mutually confiding in each other. That is not a risk free prospect, of course, and not all are willing to go through with it. Are you? I would be most interested to hear what you have to say. So, tell me if you will, how have your nights fared as of late?"

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva grinned. “Indeed, thus was the purpose of my calling. My nights have had some points of interest, Kahn has been one of them. There was this one gent at an Elysia gathering that surly thought he was more important than he may have been. Something Galloway.” Swiping a hand off to the side, clearly not worthy of remembering his name in her eyes.

Since Josephine vented a frustration, Vivian released her hand as well. “Honestly, other than a member of your Covenant being gone, I’m not Galilei is worth being upset about.”

“When I first came to the Domain, I went to confession with Galilei. I must say for a Priest that he certainly pays no attention in confession. I spoke of my deceased husband, he speaks of divorce. I’m not even Catholic and even I know the difference.” The Deava put her hand up in slight apology. “Forgive me if I do offend the Lancea. I honestly do not know if Catholicism and the Lancea correlate by any means. The fact of the matter was, I would assume to give out good advice, you should probably listen.” Shaking her head softly.

She felt like she should be having tea and finger sandwiches on a balmy afternoon right now. But the setting of this room was doing just fine. Before Vivian went into any other matters, she tested the water slightly. The Daeva had no idea if she may have just offended the woman she was attempting to befriend.

PRE

"Unfortunately that is a complicated answer. The Lancea et Sanctum, or just the Lancea Sanctum if you prefer to save the extra syllable -- I do -- formed around the same time as the Catholic Church. That is, the Church under St. Peter, who I'm sure you know is considered the first Pope. It is unclear precisely which began first, though it was assuredly contemporary within a few years at the least. Regardless, my point is that although our dogmas are entirely different, there is a substantial amount of influence which the Kine churches have upon the Lancea Sanctum. Which church that is, however, usually depends upon the region in which the Kindred had lived or was embraced in. Nevertheless, it would be a mistake to assume that because something exists in a variation of Christianity that it also exist in the Lancea Sanctum. They are different religions, much the same way that Islam is not Christianity. I'm sure that's both more and less of an answer than you wanted, however," Josephine said, finally ending her rambling upon that subject.

"I do agree with you that listening is most important. For any endeavor, really, but certainly for Confession. I'm sorry that you were so ignored when you webt to yours. I am also sorry to hear that your husband has passed on. I'm more than willing to lend you my ear if you wish to speak of him. Or was that merely meant as an example of my estranged colleague's inadequacy?"

V
    Vivian York

The difference between Josephine and the Priest was that her explaination felt just as that. Not some sermon to attempt to sway her to the faith or covenant for that matter. The Daeva paid attention, no need to roll her eyes like before. “Thank you, that is an excellent explanation. It makes a bit more sense now.” Nodding in sincerity.

Her hand lifted and pantomimed a gentle touch toward Josephine in the air. “Please, there is no need to apologize for a former covenant member.

“That part of the conversation came about when he asked me how religious I was. I told him I was married in a church of some sort, and hadn’t set foot since my husband died. So, that’s my point of reference from his lack of attention.”
    Vivian swiftly clarified the context of the discussion with the Priest, leaving some pieces out for now. “I thank you kindly for your condolences, but he died in the 60’s. I am quite content with that, otherwise I’d have spent a whole Requiem mourning.” She softly smiled, it was what it was.

Then something came to mind, she snapped her fingers as it did. “Oh, if I may, I have a question for you…” Vivian slightly leaned forward, her eyebrows knitted in slight, an attempt to word something politely. “Does Miss Villiers… well, I’m not exactly sure how to put this…”

PRE

"I'm afraid the answer will likely be unsatisfactory, Vivian. I've hardly spoken to that...to her, at all," Josephine amended, deciding that perhaps not all of her thoughts should be shared quite yet.

"I assume that her, well, childlike demeanor," the Ventrue explained, "is merely a performative act of camouflage and I have no desire to waist my time mitigating that facade. Perhaps I am over harsh in my judgement of her, but I doubt it."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.