:regina:

Layer upon layer, age upon age, time and money being laid atop one another in the form of paint. Rise up from the flat plane of canvas covered wood, rise up and be true. The levee rose up in her painting, climbing up above the canvas. The ripples in the water, frozen in time, crested above the surface of the water, while the valleys dipped low. Now began the detail work, to paint the small lines, the fine areas, the whites of the ripples as the moonlight shined on them, the patch of gold from the streetlamp, as it turned the river to gold with its soft amber light. Up and up, higher and higher, layer upon layer.

"My Lady, I require nourishment." Nami interrupted. Regina finished the last brush stroke on the ripple, then put her brush down. She bit her wrist, and the blood welled up in the wound.
"Then drink." There was no presumption, no pomp or circumstance. She fed because it was neccessary. To stop would be foolish. She was her servant, her squire. "May Jesus forgive me my sin of gluttony." Nami said, and then sucked on Regina's wrist. She pulled and sucked, drawing out the blood. Regina felt the thick blood leaving her, being drawn into Nami, sustaining her.

Ramon's face, his hands holding her, the fires they lit within her. The Lust. The desire. This girl, who loved her. Ramon, his arms, his face. Regina squeezed shut her eyes, and rememberd the Duomo, the beauty of Firenze. And then Nami was taking too much, the sin overwhelimg her.

"Enough" Regina whispered, and pushed Nami away, even as she tried to hold on. The hunger in her eyes was the same as Ramon's when he first saw her. Th sin of Gluttony was a cancer, a curse. It drove men and women mad.

She was finished for tonight. She went to the herd and beckoned them over, one at a time, to kiss their wrists. They loved the pleasure, and the money she paid them with did not hurt. She drank. The gluttony that so consumed those around her was a screaming demon inside her. It demanded more food, more drink. Feed me! It shouted. But no, she would not destroy what she had created. She wrenched her mouth open, and licked the wound closed. And then she went through the same torturous process again. Soon she was full, sated on their thin blood.