Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arriving early Arthur makes sure to get a table away from others. Personal matters and all. If it takes a bill or two then that's what it takes. Thanking the manager he sits down and picks up the menu. Several moments of concentration and one furrowed eyebrow as his Will fails to work the Supernal and Arthur pulls out his phone. Texting Pepper his contact to let them know where he's sitting in the restaurant.

He orders a local beer when the waiter stops by the table. Hopefully it's not shit.

Spells
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-10 23:33:19 Arthur rolls 6 to Read Matrices (10 Again) 5, 4, 9, 1, 7, 4 1 success
    2015-02-10 23:32:33 Arthur rolls 4 to Supernal Vision (10 Again) 4, 2, 6, 2 failure
    2015-02-10 23:32:04 Arthur rolls 6 to Unseen Shield (10 Again) 6, 1, 10, 5, 7, 5, 5 1 success
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper arrives not long after she gets the text, wearing one of her typical suits, and heads for Arthur's table straight off. She sat down, looking him over quickly as she did. "Arthur, right? I'm Pepper." She did and equally quick scan of the beverage menu, then gave him a smile that spoke of a certain amount of recent conflict, but still being glad to meet with the man.

Perhaps, just maybe, someone she could rely on in her Order. "So, what brings you to Sacramento? And have you gotten a hold of Crowley yet?"

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yep, nice to meet you." Arthur returns the appraising glance. That smile, maybe there was a reason Sacramento was on the short list? Or maybe it's just far from home. He takes a sip of the local beer as Pepper looks over the menu. It's..not bad.

"I needed to get out from the nest. In both ways. Sacramento was on the short list. I figured California would be nice and a change of weather. Winter here isn't bad." He plucks at the vest he's wearing, its almost too warm really.

He leans forward. "Crowley as in Alister Crowley? That ah.. eccentric occultist? Someone went there?" Ya.. Arthur can't believe that.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded, "I'm glad I haven't gotten used to it yet, though it does mean that alot of my heavier winter clothes aren't leaving storage. Still, it's nice for things to be so warm." Just chilly enough that she normally wore pantsuits, but there'd been a couple days where things had gotten warm enough for shorts again.

"I know he's answered that around me before... hmm. Yes, I think that was actually his inspiration when he chose that for his Stage name - Musicians, you know? Still, he has a respectable position as receptionist here, so it's always good to let him know you're in town."

She set the menu aside, and when the Waiter came, asked for Green tea and mentioned that she was ready to order food as well.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur just shrugs as Pepper relates that this Crowley is probably...what the Herald? Ya Herald. Arthur leans back into his chair. "Can I get his number?" As the waiter approaches Arthur places his order after Pepper places hers.

Time for some sushi rolls. None of that raw stuff.. the texture is just no. Once the waiter continues on Arthur leans forward again with an excited grin on his face.

"So how goes the local mining company in town?"

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper drummed her fingers against the table and searched for the right words. "Neutral, perhaps. As far as I've understood, there's been no significant presence here for a very long time. Someone who was in line to get a position on the Board of Directors* gave up the opportunity to work in the government here, and he runs things in general. There's two more of us who've passed our Exams - three total if you have - and one who's been out of town and has limited experience staying in one city long enough to become really attached to the offices there. I've been interviewing two others who've applied, though one has also applied elsewhere so only one of them is a sure bet. Currently, I've been taking on the duties of running the Mining offices, though I'm still adjusting to the responsibilities of the position."

She wondered if that was too much, but honestly he needed a lay of the land, as little of it as there was.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leaning on his elbows, Arthur's finger tips touch their counterpart on his opposite hand as he forms a triangle in front of his face. "Hmm. Good to hear that a Director choose to keep the government in line. I have not joined the Counsel of our company yet. My time back home was spent learning the three Roles of our company and finding my place in them." Hands separate as Arthur leans back and takes another sip of his beer.

"I am a full member though, my probation period was pleasant. I will gladly help with new prospects if you deem them as worthy of joining us. That does not sound like many of us... How has the city faired?"

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

The City... Pepper rubbed her thumb along her Jawline, tilting her head with a flick of the digit as she came to a decision. "I've only been in town since last July - when the Director took over - and from what I've heard and seen, the City's improved dramatically. I've been Helping sort out the bylaws, and we went from a useless pile of tissue into something fairly solid. There's still quite a bit of dissenting opinions on things, but if you're actually willing to do some work you'll quickly get people's appreciation and efforts. Definitely it's been interesting seeing how some of the longer-term residents adjust or don't. Most of them are used to things not moving forward at all, so they've taken longer to start working to the benefit of the city now that things have opened more to change. Some have remain Apathic... and other are only now realizing that they can do more." Ugh, Miach. If only he had asked first.... But the idea of getting the Acanthi to do mass Divination? Fantastic.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur leans back in his chair and puts his hand behind his head. Elbows flared out.

"Wow..so basically this place is at square one don't pass go don't collect two hundred dollars o and by the way that fan is covered in shit?" Arthur looks past Pepper at the distant wall. Then picks up his local beer and has another sip.

"Heh do work. Ya I can do that. The Gem won't form without some blood, sweat, and tears." He looks back at Pepper and puts his local beer back down on the table. "So how do things fall around here. Companies or Friends?"

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper snorted at Arthur's description and dryly clarified, "Slightly better than that. We've managed to clean off the fan." her Green tea arrived then, just in time for her to sip at.

Did he mean cabals or paths for friends? Dammit "Companies aren't as powerful as they could be here. It tends to be groups of friends that get into all the positions in government, though the five big seats Are determined by the corresponding boroughs people are from." Hopefully, that was clear enough. Cabals had a pattern of holding sway, Councilor seats were by Path, Order didn't guarantee you anything.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread