Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Brady Bunch

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    A
    Angel Ducard

I stand when the Prince does and listen to his dressing down, it is a politically sound move he is doing, protecting himself, and yet allowing further time for the investigation.

Well, that is an interesting turn of events. I pause trying to wrap my brain around this whole mess. An ancient dictator trying to be recovered and restored. A Prince delivering a message through his subordinate as well as showing tactical guile.

And then Martha brain dumps again, and even more information is laid out for us to absorb. Exasperated, that is what I am. This is a conspiracy at the core of all things. Literally the future of this domain lies in the success of this mission. Especially if he is as bad as Sweet Martha explains.
    "Thank you." Is all I say to the ghoul. Erika Brady, whether pawn, knight, rook or queen, is moving to restore the Straiphen.

I turn to Martha, and the others,
    "Martha, I have no idea what you mean by that. But we need to find this body and deal with it. So if your research of local geomantic centers of power will assist with that, then get to it." I look now to the rest of the Prisci, "This is what I propose, we need to come together and list our information, everything we have, and look to it clearly and concisely to see if we can find where the interconnections are." Now is the time where I do what I do best.

"No matter how intelligent a criminal, there is no such thing as the perfect crime. Does anyone have someplace we can meet, speak freely, and without having to worry about the Regent catching wind?"

PRE

"Truly? The Architects of the Monolith?" Josephine whispered to Martha, brows raising in surprise. Perhaps the minute woman was not so useless after all. "Fascinating. I would adore to study them in greater detail. And Geomancy is particularly intriguing in the context of Kabbalah. I do believe that access to all city and county building and planning records will be required to truly investigate any sort of geomantic grid, however. Can anyone provide this?"

The Ventrue's gaze turned next to Ducard, an infuriating smile appearing on her lips. "Perhaps your investigative talents could turn up such information? If not, that's alright, I'm sure your talents will be useful eventually. As for meeting locations, I know of a possibility, but I cannot promise for certain that it would be safe. It is connected to me, after all, and I'm afraid the Regent is going to be looking to keep me in her line of sight soon."

The Prince's Ghoul
    The Prince's Ghoul
    This Mortal Coil

The problem with immortals, in her experience, is that they developed the deadly tendency to think that they had eternity to talk.

And talk.

Dark eyes found David Regan before glancing downward, answering his question when the opportunity came.
    "Prince Clarke called this meeting now, because the moment you voiced your suspicions in Elysium, you were in danger."
    She would never interrupt a Kindred, and so soft words slid in edgewise.

There were few ways to keep secrets from a Master of Auspex.

"He has also insured your safety for three months."

A meeting, to vet the loyal from the disloyal -- and to render judgment. Were Regan or Burns to disappear, or meet their Final Deaths before the next meeting, the suspicion would fall squarely on the Shadow Regent. Given time, a pawn can reach the eighth rank. The words were a cocktail of nuance; pride, in the regnant she served, and reproach, that he had been questioned.

And finally, regret.

"I apologize, but you must all leave now."

The first words she had spoken were to warn them that there was little time -- time they had chosen to waste, rather than let her continue with her message.

And now, that time was gone.

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Taking his cue from the Prince's Ghoul, the Daeva said no more and gave nod of his head to the others. The Priscus made his exit. Time to go meant time to go.

Juan exits the scene

C
    Casitive

A look of very real warning is shot at Martha.

Merci,” the Shadow's voice replies in a gentle tenor to Cozette. One question will have to go unasked, the air thick with information already, and as Cozette has implicitly stated, not the safest place. “Au clair de la lune; On n'y voit qu'un peu."

David rises to his feet, his lips drawn into a thin line.

A decision is made.

I know where we can continue this conversation,” David's dull-brown eyes sweep over the remaining Priscii and fall towards Tracy, “if you would follow Priscus Burns and I?” So against his conciliatory nature, he doesn't wait for input. The Grand Wyrm is already moving for the door before the final syllable fades into the ether.

A new thread will open momentarily

Martha Villiers

PRE

Unsure if she's invited to join the Prisici-Gang, Martha glumly follows the team.

Leaving the chamber and waits for instructions...

Martha obediently leaves the scene. The clock is, apparently, ticking...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

People come and people go. All Chris did was count the total of bodies here and there. Everything seemed to be alright. If anything, this whole thing brought Erika and Asa closer again. Maybe? From outside, the Reeve saw His Grace hold the door open for the Regent. That gesture alone could mean a lot.

Not that he wants to get between her legs. No, not even the Prince would dare to do that I think. But at least he still trusts her.

And are all the Prisci suddenly best friends? He wouldn't say he feels left out, but admittedly, Chris really wants to know what the hell is going on. It's time to make some new friends.

Soon, that is. Now it's time to celebrate that no Kindred turned to ash this night.

Chris exits
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

A
    Angel Ducard

I look to the Priscus of Ventrue, "Indeed. I will see what I can find out." I advise as I follow the processional out of the office and the Nox.

Leaving this scene for the other one.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread