Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Brady Bunch

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    A
    Angel Ducard

I watch the proceedings, the threats, the demands. They have no physical evidence, but they have accusations and hearsay. They certainly seem passionate about their accusations. The Regent's razor like precision in her words and actions are to be commended. She obviously chooses her words carefully, which makes sense in this situation, she seems to have no allies in this room. I could easily step up and put my hat into her ring, but what good would it do me other then making an enemy of my other priscus.

At the mention of the death of Baldwin an eyebrow raises for a moment, if I said I was sad about Baldwin's death, I would be lying. He had his uses, but at least now I don't have to worry about him descending even further into madness and coming after Julian or I.

A challenge is laid forth now. Monomancy again, another pending murder. Seriously such a waste of useful tools.

I look to his Majesty, wondering what his thoughts were about this squabbling back and forth. My gaze then turns to the Regent. If Regent Brady is truly innocent, then why do we not just accept her offer of Auspex interrogation. That does also assume that anyone hear can pierce the Regent and get an accurate reading.

So many thoughts tumbling about, and I still don't think I know enough. Priscus Sterling does have a point, the chain of evidence is not exactly clear. After all words do not equal evidence. And we have no tangible evidence. And the only one who is truly impartial in the room... is me. черт побери.

"If I may, Regent Brady has leveled a challenge of Monomancy. At the same point, she has also offered to make herself available to be scrutinized utilizing Dominance and Auspex. So, before this conversation spirals even further out of control, I recommend we proceed with that first. After the questioning, if we are still not satisfied, then the conversation can move back to that of Monomancy." I try to be the voice of reason in this. It is obvious that Regan and Burns are angry and will not allow their opinions to be changed without evidence. But will they be willing to face the consequences if their accusations are proven inaccurate.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Regan and Burns certainly had undeniable conviction in their assertions. David was especially on point with his remark - this was not Erika's territory. Ultimately Asa was the final arbiter of this evening.

The Daeva nodded to the Ventrue and Nosferatu. "This does not need to escalate." Cordoba said calmly. "It is troubling that two Prisci have called Regent Brady's character into question. I must agree with the aforementioned suggestions of scrutiny. If we are to uncover the truth to this sordid affair, these options should be explored."

Juan slowly turned his focus unto Erika, "Regent Brady, for clarification of all present, to whom are you issuing this ultimatum of a Life Boon or Monomacy? Is it unto your accusers, Priscus Regan and Burns? Or to the entire assembly of Prisci?"

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Calm green eyes fixed on the Daeva.

No one had ever asked Erika why she eschewed Court; it had been hinted at that she preferred her studies, or considered it a waste of time. And here was the crux of it: Sacramento's finest, and she was forced to endlessly repeat and explain herself. Truly, a trial itself could have been over by now.

"I ask that Prisci Burns and Regan forfeit a Life Boon apiece for calling my Requiem into question. In the simplest of terms, I will submit myself to examination of their absurd claims, but require compensation. Consider carefully, whether you," her eyes moved to the Haunt and Lord before returning to Cordoba, "Or any of you, wish to set a precedent for putting someone to question because someone heard someone say they saw something. This isn't even a first-hand accusation. There is no proof. And yet, my allegiance to His Majesty is questioned when it never has been before."

Erika shrugged.

"I simply ask for recompense. Without consequence, there is no order. So, let me ask this: If they are so sure of their accusations, why do they fear to agree? There can only be one answer -- that this is a farce. They would risk my Requiem, but not their own? How hollow must these accusations be, that they are unwilling to stand behind them?"

The eyes moved between the three uninvolved Prisci again.

"And who will be next in their witch hunt, if no one is willing to make them ante up?"

4. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    C
    Casitive

A hard, intense stare moves across the Prisci. Each of them perhaps taken aback in their own way. Each of them wishing to bring a measure of calm. But it is that hand-wringing that has allowed treason to take poisonous root. This is far, far beyond any of them – most of them both new to the Domain and new to their positions, himself included.

But steel lives in David's backbone. What happens when the worst thing that could happen, has to a man?

David looks towards Josephine and Juan first, “I would not be adverse to scrutiny being applied by the disciplines of Auspex, Dominate, and more. However, I would need assurances that Dr. Brady has not already had her mind tampered with before these proceedings. Let us not wring our hands about 'evidence' and what is and is not legitimate. I have told the truth and my word as a Priscus should be enough not only that but the word of multiple Prisci and a Whip stand by our accusation. Further, Monomacy if I am not mistaken, is over personal grievances. This is not one. Time is of the essence and I suggest we bring Martha Villiers into the chamber for that first-hand account. Still,” Smoothly turning his head towards Josephine, “I will attempt to clarify the chain of evidence here.

The amount of squawking Brady does about how a first-hand account, isn't, is getting to be silly.

David's attention rests on Josephine as he explains more than a year of an investigation, “A few years ago, a body was being ferried across state-lines as part of a Museum Exhibit. Miss Aïleen McFarlane and Mr. Callum McAllister were sent to investigate and found the body, in actuality, a torpid elder. There they came across the Daeva I mentioned earlier. I doubt the Daeva's knowledge and ability with the Academic Sphere of Influence to know about this exhibit. I do not doubt, however, Dr. Brady's.

Miss McFarlane, Mr. McAllister, Miss Villiers, and others rescued the torpid elder.

Continuing on apace, David states, “With the Torpid Elder, which was dressed to look like a Castellan Warlord, was a puzzle-box. At the same time, Miss Villiers was in possession of a Fairy-Tale book which, to my knowledge, points to Former Prince Straiphen.

The Torpid Elder has remained, largely beneath the protection of the Ordo Dracul – most specifically under then-Seneschal Martha Villiers.” David explains, his entire body still and unwavering, “When I was given access to the Torpid Elder, Spring of last year, I made a discovery. I discovered that the torpid elder is a Caucasoid female dressed as an eleventh century Castellan warlord. Unfortunately, this Torpid Elder is now within Dr. Brady's possession, finally succeeding in attaining it, a goal she has had since the body arrived within the city.

The Shadow pauses as he continues, “The same night that this happened, Aïleen McFarlane investigated the puzzle-box more in-depth, hoping to get a scan of it. Somehow, the Daeva knew of Miss McFarlane's whereabouts and that she had the puzzle-box.” A question that has been scratching at the back of David's mind for sometime, “Something I do not believe the Daeva has an ability to do.

Miss McFarlane was summoned to a warehouse in the Barrens and she called Miss Martha Villiers hoping for help. I and then-Deputy Emma French went to her aid. However, the whole of the Barrens was a trap. The Daeva had brought her thralls and those thralls prevented Deputy French and I from reaching Miss McFarlane.” Pausing but only just, “The Daeva escaped with the puzzle box and her thralls burned the warehouse to the ground.

As though keeping score, David states for the whole, “Two pieces of evidence stolen by a Daeva that works for Dr. Brady and who knows who else works for Dr. Brady in her effort to destabilize the domain.

Finally,” getting back to the present, “as mentioned earlier, Priscus Burns, Priscus Baldwin, Dog the Hound of South Sacramento, Whip Hildegarde Bingen – all of whom are and were known, recognized and respected – investigated the disappearance of Muir, a valued member of the Order. Instead, we found Regent Hart a Valued and Respected member of the Domain herself cemented to a wall, being fed from, and was an eye-witness to the diablerie perpetrated by Jacqueline Coturi and assisted by Dr. Brady.

Unfortunately, Coturi incinerated the bunker in Yolo County, destroying yet another piece of evidence. Erika Brady has been one-step ahead of us for years. But the case is clear, Doctor Erika Brady has been on the side of Treason. No one has the resources to destabilize the domain as she has. No one else can rely on people respecting her – sight unseen – simply because she is a Regent. Let us call Martha Villiers into the chamber to shed more light on this chain of evidence. However, one last thing...

I remove any and all Acknowledgment, as Priscus of Clan Mekhet, of Doctor Erika Brady.

That, one of the last things that David can do.

One he told the Prince he was prepared to do.

A political game of chicken.

OOC

PRE

Tracy remained silent as Erika and the other Prisci spoke. She didn't have much more to add at this point, since she had presented the information she had. The way Erika kept trying to evade the inevitable and manipulate the other Prisci at her whim was not just petty, but also a foolish course of action. Demands were made, but they were simply ignored. The Gangrel Priscus was being patient throughout the whole thing, but her patience was running thin.

She turned her attention to David as he spoke up once more. The petite Savage listened as the Priscus of Shadows spoke about the events that had led them all there that evening, paying close attention to the evidence he was presenting. Her attention only shifted towards Erika Brady, as she watched the woman closely. After all, it was quite possible that the Regent of Citrus Heights could lose herself to the desires of her own beast.

Taking the necessary precautions, Tracy pumped some vitae into her undead muscles. It was best to be prepared for anything, especially in a room full of predators. Just as she did that, David made his final move, using his power as Priscus of Clan Mekhet to revoke Erika's Acknowledgment. If that wasn't going to get a rise out of the treacherous bitch, then she didn't know what would. Regardless, she would be ready for what would come next one way or the other.

Activating Vigor and Resilience, -2V

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Erika Brady is a Regent, Priscus Regan, who holds praxis in this Domain."

He hadn't pointed out the folly originally. It had been a testament to the Shadow Priscus' conviction -- but allowing her Acknowledgment to be Revoked would null her ability to claim territory. In short, David Regan could not exercise his authority without countermanding Asa's own.

Dark eyes rested on Tracy for a moment before moving around the room. The status which protected Erika Brady, ironically, also kept the allegations from simply being brushed aside from lack of evidence.

Asa lapsed back into silence, curious to see what the Prisci of Clans Daeva, Nosferatu, and Ventrue would have to say.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

PRE

"Thank you for the clarification, Priscus Regan. I find your accusation to be quite clear, and far graver, now. And please, by all means, invite your witness in. Let us progress along this most fascinating chain," Josephine implored, gesturing towards the door. She wasn't going to be made to go call for anyone like a servant, after all.

A
    Angel Ducard

I listen carefully now at the further explanations, and then Priscus Regan drops the bombshell. It takes all my resolve to not slap my head into my palm repeatedly until bloody. I have to remind myself that one Priscus Regan is not a detective. You cannot investigate someone if you banish them. I have not decided who is at fault yet.

His majesty steps in and I nod my head at his ruling, which makes perfect sense.

If the accusations have merit or if they are misinformed, but I do know that trying to have the prime suspect excommunicated from the domain does not fix the problem, it only puts a very temporary bandage on what could be a very large ax wound.

"Priscus Regan, I again must agree with Priscus Sterling." begrudgingly "I feel that more evidence is needed, and if Ms. Villiars can provide evidence, then by all means bring her in. I also must stress that we are not using all of the tools at are disposal. I, a simple haunt" I say with obvious false modesty, "Am not capable of the Sight of the Mekhet or the Word of the Lords and Ladies," yet... "but I would recommend we tap those who are the most talented in those abilities to assist with this investigation. With his Majesty's permission of course. In addition to that, I do have some investigatory prowess, and would be willing to lend those skills to any further investigation that may be necessary. "

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

"By all means, bring Villiers in."

Erika shrugged.

"Let us all hear what she has witnessed, since Priscus Regan claims she has a first hand account of what I have done. It must be grave evidence indeed, because I doubt he'd wish to look the fool by having her simply regurgitate the history of Sacramento's Ordo Dracul again."

Because, really, that would be pretty silly.

"It's a bit curious she doesn't find her own first hand account worthy of making an accusation herself. Surely the former Seneschal would, if it were warranted."

C
    Casitive

A silent question is passed to the Prince in the Shadow Priscus' gaze before he smoothly rises from his position and moves for the door. David's motions are deliberate and smooth. He knows keenly what is at stake. How many Kindred have died in this whole thing? How many lives have been affected due to the inaction and the vacillating of so many? How much more time and how many more Kindred have to die before someone says enough? Aïleen, the love of David's Requiem, is only the tip of the iceberg.

Miss Crassus,” David requests of the Ghoul, “would you please show Miss Villiers into the Chamber, please.

Chrisie

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread