Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Skeleton Keys) Lyke-Wake Dirge

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Casitive

Deep in the bowels of South Sacramento is a stately old manor created in the mixture of Spanish and decidedly American styles. Beneath the moonlight, the proud Mission Revival House challenges the march of time in its defiance. In response, the march of time makes small advances with tendrils of ivy and small weeds showing that entropy will not be defeated solely by pride.

Grim determination can easily be mistaken for sullen brooding in David. Every movement the Libitinarius makes is filled with purpose and a sense of determination.

Three Months.

David is thankful for the reprieve and the Aegis bestowed upon him by His Grace. But, he of all people knows how short that time frame is.

Passing through the door, David loosens his tie and pauses at a grand foyer. It greets the rest of the Prisci with exotic hardwoods and stained glass interior doors. Standing to block the stairs to the second floor, David bids, “Please step to the right. Our formal dining room will do its best to accommodate all of us. We have very little time. Once settled, I think we should start with any questions you might have Priscus Ducard, instead of me reiterating what was already stated.”

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha, silent and watchful throughout the journey to this building, will follow the Prisic inside. But she'll follow last, as befitting her place in the ranking system...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

A
    Angel Ducard

As I enter the room I immediately find a place to set up. Cell Phone, Computer, Notepad. "First, and most important, Do you have WiFi?" I ask as I turn on my laptop. I begin scribbling down notes of the encounter we had just had. Straiphen, Muir, Brady, Empty underground, Couturi killings, diab, Kagoan, Clarke, Rahyna. "Wait, what is this place?" I ask wondering why this beautiful manor was thought to be safe. I look around and see riches, posh furniture and hardwood floors, expansive tables and such. Either David was very rich...

C
    Casitive

Miss Villiers, please be watchful for any uninvited guests.

It is almost ceremonial in the way David closes the doors to the dining room. A hand on each knob synchronizes their closure like any maestro conducting a symphony of creaks and thick, metallic clicks.

Unfortunately, no.” Comes the answer as David slides away from his blazer and sets to undoing a cufflink on each of his wrists, a matching-unmatched pair of a Scarab Beetle and an Ibis holding a Feather. “We've not reestablished a WiFi network. It's been on the list of things to do, but lists have a habit of being ignored.

The Ghostly Priscus' second question is answered a bit more solemnly, “You are the guests of the Ordo Dracul. Given the nature of our meeting now, as well as the need for secrecy, I have brought you here.” David busies himself with rolling his sleeves to his elbow, “As Grand Wyrm, I will take responsibility for each of you while you are our guests.

Eyes flick up towards the unsettling apparition of a woman, listening as her laptop whirls to life.

PRE

"I am not so uneducated about current technology that I'm unaware that useful records might be kept on the internet, but I do know that that is not the most important thing, Priscus Ducard," Josephine announced, striding into the room. "I also understand that you are quite proud of your skills, but you must understand that you have entered an arena which you have obviously not tread in before. Do not be so arrogant as to assume that you can ignore the knowledge, skills, or resources which others might bring to the metaphorical table."

Scolding done, the Priscus of Ventrue turned to the Shadow who's name she'd learned just earlier that night. "And Grand Wyrm Regan, thank you for your hospitality. I assure you that we shall not abuse it. Do you have thoughts on where we should begin, in addition to searching for mystically significant geometry?"

C
    Casitive

Josephine's assurances are accepted simply with a gentle dip of the head. He was finished with rolling his sleeves to his elbows by the time Josephine finishes and delicate fingers soundlessly tap the table. “My first thought,” the Shadow says grimly, “is that we capture the pawns: Rhayna and Jacqueline Cotouri. It is easier said than done given that both surround themselves with thralls of various sorts, probably at all times. Then there is the problem of finding them quickly.”

Briefly, David becomes the picture of concentration with his hand occluding his lips.

“The Barrens, given my encounter with Rhayna happened there, and Citrus Heights are obvious. However, Citrus Heights would be difficult given the eyes one can assume watches the area. There is also the bunker at Yolo County. Though, given Cotouri incinerated the place I'm not sure what clues we'll be able to find.”

Where do you find a proverbial needle in the haystack?

“Given that clues are either compromised or have been systematically taken away, we are at a disadvantage. I don't think they've been idle, though and I'd suspect them of attempting various methods to pave the way.” Roving eyes look at the Prisci, “So, my question is what tools and networks do we have at our disposal?”

A
    Angel Ducard

I listen to the dressing down that the Ventrue priscus is trying, and failing, to give me and I can't help but think, Oh that's so precious...

"Oh Priscus Sterling, your trying to lecture me. That is so cute." I pat her on the hand. I have been lectured by far bigger, far more fearsome then the Ice Bitch "But just to clarify. My question about the WiFi was me adding levity to a very stressful situation, not disregarding those who may be useful."

I pause for a moment, "So, just to clarify one thing. We are in the Ordo Dracul's house... and Regent Brady is a member of, or has inroads with, the Ordo Dracul. So do we have any confirmation that this location hasn't been bugged. I can go to the corner electronics store and for less then a hundred dollars buy some easily hidden listening equipment."

PRE

"A fair thought, Ducard," Josephine returned grudgingly, letting the minor assault of her physical personage slide. "However, Brady could just as easily be hovering disembodied over the table right now. Given that our previous attempts to examine her with multiple users of Auspex has failed so utterly, I suspect that we might not be able to notice her in such a state. Therefore, I fear that we must assume we are always being watched. Regardless, that does not mean that we are helpless."

"To answer Priscus Regan's question," Josephine continued, jumping topics, "I have extensive knowledge of the occult, and am skilled in researching and analyzing data, either in documents or in the field, so to speak. Now, those are not networks, of course, but being the Priscus of the Lords and Ladies, the gifts of my blood allow me to compel certain networks to open to me."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Obediently, Martha stands guard by the door. Watchful for hostile presences and begins to sweep the chamber for signs of covert activity.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

Confusion and even a little bit of disbelief color's David's features at Angel's question. Quickly, the Shadow recalls the whole night wondering where Angel might have gotten the idea that Brady was ever a member of the Order. The smaller, dissonant voice of David's Companion teases that it's quite alright, not many pay attention to David anyway.

The Grand Wyrm catches himself. “Brady has not, nor has she ever been a member of the Order, Priscus Ducard. What she has done, is steal my covenant's secrets from the mind of Muir before she assisted Cotouri in diablerizing him.

A sharp, intake of breath interjects and David sounds tired, “Something she might have done of every covenant here. You will have to trust the security measures in place within this House. If you'd rather waste precious time wringing your hands, rather than present solutions or assist us in coming up with a solid plan to find Straiphen then I'll show you out.

Swiveling his head to Josephine, the Bookish Mekhet looks thoughtful and finally states, “We'll have to find the vagrants that Rhayna and Cotouri keep to themselves. Where there is smoke there is fire, after all. This is something I have tasked Miss Villiers to do, you will have to ask her where she is with that.” An unasked question lingers. “This will require working the city's clubs, Elysia, and general underbelly to find the pawns.” A thought comes to David, "If anyone is in regular contact with Priscus Cordoba, perhaps he can spearhead that effort if he is of mind to assist us."

The other thought I have,” David states plainly while he retrieves his phone and turns on his map application, “is uncover places of significance in Sacramento's history. Perhaps, Straiphen saw that a place of significance would be a suitable place to rest and bide his time. Lastly, we can return to the scenes of their crimes and search out more clues."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread