Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 44
DISPLAYED
A Debt to Pay

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Knowing Wegst is in the room now, Dr. Lazarus remembers back to what the thing said: "A being of your own blood will be brought to this place and given to me." Well, the madman -- now ghouled by the doctor's own blood -- had been placed in the correct area so now all that seemed necessary was the transference of ownership.

"Yes, it does smell awful. Sit on the bed, I will be there in a moment." Lazarus says into the vent shaft as he crawls up into it himself.

Shimmying down the pipe, Lazarus eventually gets to the other end where he looks down into the room. It was dark, as usual, and he gazed into that abyss wanting to see the fate of his new ghoul. "Master of this room, I am here to repay my debt to you! I give to you what I was asked, a being of my own blood!"

The room becomes very chill, and at the same time, a cold fog starts to form, quickly obscuring vision to a degree impenetrable even to Dr. Lazarus' Auspex. Dr. Lazarus feels the cold moisture start to condense and freeze upon his dead flesh. At the same time, he hears Wegst start to scream, then whimper... then finally there is silence.

When the fog clears, Dr. Lazarus sees Wegst curled on the floor, his eyes and mouth open in an expression of sheer terror and his body covered with a thin white rime. He appears to have frozen solid.

By delivering a human as a sacrifice to the darkness, Dr. Lazarus has committed a sin against at the Humanity 2 level. Roll 2 dice to see if he suffers Humanity loss, and if so, roll against his new Humanity score to determine if he also develops a Derangement.

Humanity Check

His undead flesh was hard to move with the cold chill throughout it, but the doctor managed. Crawling backward out of the shaft, and carefully placing one foot at a time on the ladder, Lazarus came down from the dread room. The debt was repaid now, and there were surely other matters to attend to.

But first the cover story...

"Harold," The Warden's attention turned to his most useful ghoul who was standing nearby the ladder. "inside that room is a man who escaped from his cell after not taking his prescribed medications. He attacked a doctor," Lazarus holds up his hand, showing his gnawed hand. "then fled into the condemned wing with a handfull of stolen medication which he overdosed on and soon-after died. You will be sure to put all this in the report, I will have the autopsy results filled out and send for the report as well. Understood?"

Harold says nothing, only nodding in reply. He reaches to his belt, unclipping his cellphone and opening it to take a picture of his master's bitten hand. If the file were inspected, it would only add more merit to their story. Lazarus waits for the image to be taken, then turns and walks away back to his office.

Immediately upon entering his office Dr. Lazarus is approached by Dr. Wilson. "S-sir, one of y-your colleagues, Mr. Konstantin, called and requested that you return his message. He said it has to do with the Lost Nights."

Lazarus offers him no reply, instead only glaring at him through the mask. "Go to the condemned wing, you'll find Harold needs some help with disposal."

Once Wilson leaves the office, Ith sits at his desk preparing to call Deputy Konstantin...

Move scene to Visiting the (Not so) Good Dr. L?

Note that Dr. L has to spend a WP point to make the image show on the camera... and if he wants it to last as a permanent file, he has to spend a dot.

[vtr]Scene Ends. On to "Visiting..."[/nar]

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread