Watch

Tradecraft

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

The Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, 1230 J Street, 13th and J Street

Juan arrived dressed in a three piece suit. Checking in at the front desk, he had a conference room reserved. He strolled along into the room. A series of black leather seats, a long mahogany table. It was beautiful until he noticed an overhead projector - technology he had no use for. It ruined the scene for him. The Toreador tsk'd in disgust.

Eva Edwards was amongst the newest Kindred in town - a rival of Blood at that. Tonight, he planned on resolving any other questions and concerns from the mass Acknowledgement he had to perform at Court.

C
    Cross

Usually, when a man invited Eva to a hotel, he had more in mind than simply a meeting between Kindred. Did the Invictus lack for funds these days such that it was necessary to host a meeting between a Priscus and a new arrival in a rented boardroom?

Pity.

Eva's arrival was heralded by the clicking of three-inch heels that lifted her to a respectable five-foot-nine. Her dress was long, red and swishy, and she wore it with easy grace. Her skin had the flush of stolen Life in it, the Blood counterfeiting what had been there once.

But that had been many decades ago.

The Beast rose within, as it always did, and as she always did, Eva Edwards forced it back into the pit from whence it came. Every time, it was a wrestling match, and it never mattered how much one expected it. Her eyes drew over the stunning Priscus of Clan Daeva.

"Mr. Cordoba, thank you so much for inviting me to meet with you. How are you tonight?"

Masquerade safety mattered. Dimples pinched as she flashed him a charming smile, that little piece of the Curse long overcome by the Chrysalis and Coil.

-1V for Blush.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Toreador arose from his seat - the Beast thrashing in challenge. It was difficult to contend against the vicious instincts. Circling around to welcome her, "Miss Edwards," he greeted cheerfully. He extended a hand shake, "You look absolutely gorgeous." Should Eva accept, his grip is gentle.

There was something about her. Her face was more animated and expressive than any Kindred he had known within the Domain. "I hope you are well," he flashed a grin. "I must apologize, I was not anticipating so many from out of town. That was beyond unexpected."

He gestured to the seats, "Shall we?"

C
    Cross

Eva shook Cordoba's hand. "Oh, you charming old devil," she said with a little laugh. She didn't mind a little flattery, here and there. "Thank you. I'm doing very well. It's been nice to actually get settled in - and not to worry, sometimes, that happens. I remember a night when twelve of our cousins showed up in Las Vegas about ten years ago. Getting a word in edgewise was neigh impossible - and so it was for over a year, until they all swept out of town. I suspect they got bored, although I haven't the faintest clue how."

She took her seat, gently crossing one long leg over the other. Her posture remained quite straight and proper; there was no slouching.

"So. How is business, sir? Hopefully that concern you mentioned the other night hasn't grown too bothersome?"

Nefertiti Khan. What a name.

J
    Juan Cordoba

"I call it like I see it." The Priscus grinned and laughed lightly. He walked back to his seat and sat upright. He listened as Eva told her story. "That is a shame." He shook his head in sympathy, "I swear, some people simply don't comprehend basic manners."

The code words for the incident with Nefertiti. "Business has been interesting of late." Velma had made sure of that. "However, I have not yet received any news about the topic when we first met. I can only infer that to be a good news." Vivian might've shot Khan for all he knew. So long as the Masquerade was protected. "Beyond that...it's the matter of maintaining social ties."

Cordoba then inquired, "How have you been settling in with the city?"

C
    Cross

Slim hands rolled upwards and her shoulders popped up in a shrug, as if to say 'what can you do?'

"People do what they do. Consequences flowed naturally - and following the expected and unexpected ripples was enjoyable."

Her lips flattened at the Priscus's logic. No news was rarely good news in Kindred circles. "I rarely am so optimistic, these days. Markets crashing suddenly usually means that the financiers on the other side were making it happen and simply weren't detected in time. You would know best, though. I'm new, here."

"As for settling in? Well enough. Sacramento is a pleasant enough city, and I hope to be able to begin doing business shortly - although I understand there is some matters of licensing that must be dealt between you and I before I can fully set up shop."
    She paused briefly, eyes flicking to his suit. "I am a tailor, you see. Commissions can be done out of a home, but there is something to be said for a full on store, isn't there?"

J
    Juan Cordoba

Cordoba nodded and conceded to her point, "I concur with that assessment." An oversight on his behalf. There was a brief pause as he thought how to articulate Domain security. "In my experience, I have found it's a bit more stable here than I have seen elsewhere." He noted to himself to have her meet the Reeve.

"That is excellent," he replied with interest. "Having a shop of your own would be very beneficial." Tenancy was always an issue. He had a similar discussion with Vivian. Thus far Eva had not demonstrated any reason not to discuss the possibility.

The Pricus nodded in thought. Quid pro quo was often the easiest transaction. "I see this as an opportunity. I have no doubts to your talents judging by our introduction. If you will have me as your client, I can see to the permit getting into the right hands."

C
    Cross

Well. That was interesting. The fashionable Succubus leaned forward just a little in interest, the dimples returning as the smile did.

"Well then, Mr. Cordoba, it sounds to me like we may well have some business to do. What would you have made? Ultimately, the sky is the limit for a client with sufficient means. Perhaps a suit of the finest fabrics and most avant-garde cut? Or would you prefer something a little more... conservative, for a businessman of the First caliber? What's your preference, sir?"

Feet found the ground as she began contemplating. Naturally, she'd sized him up the moment she met him, but if there was work to be done, she'd need perfect measurements.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan smiled in return. Yes, this one was passionate about her work. Once again, his attention was directed to her liveliness. It was quite intriguing to him.

"The finest quality is always appreciated." Like a true member of the Invictus, he enjoyed the best. "I would like a conservative appearance, at least for now."

Cordoba pondered the idea of a more stylish attire, "I would like to see you for that avant-garde cut. Spring will eventually banish this atrocious winter weather and I have been meaning to experiment with my wardrobe a bit." The Priscus eyed the tailor, "Perhaps that can be a request for a future design."

C
    Cross

Eva rose, an artist plainly about to engage in her creative process. She reached into her handbag for a notepad, a little golf pencil, and a rolled up little measuring tape. "Wonderful. Well, then, Mr. Cordoba!" The tailor beckoned him toward her and went to stand at the head of the table. "Up you get then. Let's get you measured and then we can select fabrics and colours. Personally, for winter, I think wool is the most classic, conservative choice, but of course for you, the highest thread-counts and the best cuts are essential..."

The tape whipped out to the ground, and a red-painted finger indicated the spot.

"Stand straight and tall, please, Mr. Cordoba, and spread your arms... and unless you enjoy a stiletto stepping on the top of your foot, do remain still." She winked at him, a bit of play seeping into her elegant, businesslike attitude. Sometimes, people got cheeky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.