THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

The Sterling Hotel once served as the Carthian Movement's Elysium. So it seems fitting they should once again meeting within these walls. The symbolism is lost on Konrad however, as he makes the arrangements for the Drawing Room to be available for their private party.

From what he has gleamed from Ashley's explanations, the Carthian Movement is a modernization of the Vampiric political outlook. It is an experiment that tests the traditional viewpoints of the Kindred/Kine relationship. But more than that, it is a Covenant that focuses on benefiting those willing to help one another in the spirit of sharing. For those Kindred still young in their Requiems, it seems a lucky break, allowing them to establish themselves in the Domain. For outcasts from other Covenants, it seems a regrettable yet tolerant alternative to remaining Unaligned. Regardless of who counts themselves among them, everyone pays their dues.

This meeting is their chance to reestablish the Carthian presence in Sacramento. They could forge The Chain or leave it broken.

Konrad's drapes his leather jacket over one of the chairs before slouching along a couch, awaiting company. His white button up shirt and black tie make him look rather ordinary if not for his scruffy hair.

2. Likes Jaqen, Travisc06489, Wod.Infant, West, Whisper liked this post

PRE

A little Carthian get-together. Advertised by a clever and aesthetically pleasing flyer in Elysium. Gerald had been surprised that there should be a meeting for the Movement at all - though perhaps his information had been out of date. Tonight will be both refreshing and... challenging. Though he would tell you otherwise if you asked, Gerald knows the Covenant's major failing is in seeing things eye-to-eye. Yes, tonight would surely be a Danse to remember.

An eager grin is plastered on the Sea King's face as he steps into the room reserved for the 'event'. He is dressed to impress, as always, this time preferring a grey Armani suit with a coordinated grey tie. The first Kindred he sees is a familiar face: Konrad Roth. A worthy opponent in the eyes of his Beast and a potential ally otherwise. Intéressant... The man is dressed somewhat professionally, leading Gerald to think the man actually gives a damn. He clears his throat to announce his presence, then speaks.

"Konrad! Good evening. I'm pleased to see this room occupied, even if only by two." He closes the distance between them casually, stopping for the seated man to, presumably, stand. He offers the man a handshake.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad lifts his head at the sound of the door opening and scowls when he sees Gerald come through the door. His Beast is already on its hackles, ready to leap up and rend the intruder with fearsome...savage...eh, who's he kidding. He might be a Savage, but he's hardly up for a fight and probably wouldn't do too well at one. Plus this particular Beast looking back at him isn't a completely stranger, since they've met by the riverside not too long ago.

"Eh, it's you. I was hoping Ashley would show up first for a little quality time," Konrad complains aloud as he begrudgingly gets to his feet. "So, Gerald, isn't it?"

Konrad reaches out to grasp the man's hand. A handshake says a lot about a person's character, except for Konrad's which is neither too firm nor too loose as if to say that there isn't anything special about him.

"So, you turned out to be Carthian, are you? Or are you just curious about us?" he asks idly, stretching the stiffness out of his limbs.

PRE

Gerald resists ribbing the man over his comment on the other Carthian, however amusing the thought. He instead simply raises an amused brow as the man stands and accepts Gerald's hand. The man is curious indeed: he seems only to give as much of a 'damn' as appearances require, though he doesn't simply brush Gerald off. Gerald releases his hand after a single, pronounced shake.

"I am something of a veteran in the Movement's affairs, if time is any factor. Though I have been idle as of late. Looking for a new frontier." He says the last with a conspiratory smile, as if it were some clever inside joke. "Where do you stand? Individualist? Moderate? Anti-Obstructionist Army?" He laughs mildly. Being a member of the AOA would be an interesting twist. Though he doesn't have the man pegged as a freedom fighter in the trenches.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad nods his head in a way that suggests he's only doing it for show, not really following Gerald's question. "Cool, cool," he says in an agreeable fashion.

"To be honest I've only been a Carthian for, oooh," he glances at his naked wrist as he trails off. "A couple weeks now. Basically I've been given the cliffnotes. But they were very compelling." He smirks, sitting back down and kicking his feet up on the coffee table, gesturing a hand to the seat across him, asking Gerald to sit.

"But it's good to know there will be a veteran among us, to show us newcomers the ropes. So, is that what you meant by looking for favors the other night? Give a little, get a little, the Carthian way?" he asks through vague rhetoric.

PRE

The man' response cements what Gerald suspects of him: he doesn't take himself - or really anything else - very seriously. He could very well be an up-and-coming voice for the Carthians, but more likely he joined for reasons other than to further an agenda. "I am sure some page of the Movement will suit your liking."

Gerald takes the seat like it's some kind of medieval throne. And he a warlord turned prince. His posture is nonchalant yet his expression seems focused. He rubs at the beard stubble on his chin. "There is that: exchange of ideas and expertise. You have experience in this city and I have experience in the Movement. But no. These clothes? I did not buy them with money from some inheritance or store discount." He laughs, eyes glancing at the door he came through. "You mentioned that you were no stranger to navigating outside the waters of polite Kine society.As it happens, neither am I. I have expensive tastes, as you can see, so I will need to carve out a little place in this fair city. For business." Gerald "Twice-Dead" Baker gives Konrad a shark's grin.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"That I am..." answers Kornad, the smirk fading as his eyes narrow shrewdly, suddenly seeing Gerald in a different light. "You serious? What kind of impolite society we talking about? You with the Gangs? Hackers? ...Mafia?" The Gangrel lingers on the last question, sizing up Gerald's reactions as if the man's eyes might lend a tell. This is exactly what Konrad has been hoping for, finding someone who operates the way he does. Only he never thought that someone would be Gerald. Edwin maybe, with his street-savvy no-shit approach. Gerald seems to carry himself with that same confidence and straightforwardness. And a Carthian to boot. Any languidness Konrad has been displaying seems to disappear as he leans forward in his seat to give the man his attention.

9. Likes Jaqen liked this post
    A
    Angel Ducard

The Arrival of Julian Durand and Angel Ducard

By all accounts the Movement hadn’t been moving very fast at all in Sacramento. Indeed, it was but a few days ago that Julian had discussed such matters with his Priscus. They’d agreed that the absence of any signs of life from the local Carthians was something worth investigating; and given the timing of this meeting? The coincidence was uncanny, and so here they were. Besides, It was a nice night to drive with the roof down.

“Do they have weather here?” I ask my Whip as he drives. My conversational tone was casual, but my eyes are far away. The top being down is certainly nice, but I miss the seasons of home. I promise that Portland does indeed get more then just rain. Not much can be done about that currently. After all, it is far too soon for me to even consider heading home. Goals have not been reached. This gathering tonight would be telling. We would learn a bit more about the Domain’s state.

“Nothing really out of the ordinary, at least, not that I’ve seen yet.” He replied cheerfully. The area was new to him as well, but the weather patterns had seemed fairly stable, from what he’d noticed at least.

The young Haunt glanced across to the passengers seat, letting his eyes settle on Angel for just a second before returning his attention to the road. He couldn’t help but wonder what his Priscus was thinking. Would she also be weighing the odds tonight? The Carthians weren’t ever going to be his first preference, but he was willing to consider all of the cards on the table right now. Maybe he’d see something tonight that would make them seem the better gamble. But if not, well, it never hurt to network. The sleeves on his white dress shirt were rolled up, and tucked into dark pleated slacks. Smart casual seemed a safe option for a group that prided itself on being egalitarian.

As we arrive at the hotel, and the door is opened by the Valet, I slip out of the car. My business suit is pressed and pleasant, fitting my hourglass nicely. I slip my clutch under my arm and await Julian to come around the car. “This should be interesting…”

As we walk inside, my arm looped into his, “This is a very nice Oxford. It is tailored well for you.” I compliment as I take in the scenery of the hotel. It is a lovely structure, with interesting architecture. A good choice for such a meeting, especially when the Carthian Movement was trying to make a good impression.

“Ahh, thank you, and I like the suit - very classy” he replied, returning the compliment as they stepped inside the hotel. He gave the decor a momentary glance, before raising an eyebrow at Angel. The flyer hadn’t mentioned a meeting room, and he hoped she’d heard something along the grapevine. “Should we ask for them at reception?”

I look around with no telltale signs where we should be going. "Perhaps, but it is not like we can be blunt about our question. Let's just walk a bit and see what we can find..." I give him a quick wink. The signal will lead the way, assuming that everyone present doesn't have that noise muted by a mask.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley was familiar with the Sterling, maybe not the Drawing Room, but... The Movement had been slowly been growing, though it had held similar numbers in nights past. It still remained to be seen whether or not the membership would stay in place for any extended period of time.

The clicking of her heels as she entered the lobby heralded her presence to the two Haunts, as did her formidable potency. She didn't quite expect to see the two, but they wouldn't be the first to show up to a meeting out of curiosity.

"Good evening." Ashley chimed out.
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

PRE

Ah. So he can be serious. I will have to make a note not to form conclusions about people so quickly.

"Nothing so public as the Mafia, nor as brutish as a gang. I spent some time getting to know people who can hide and disperse monies... covering up the tracks of more lucrative 'deals'." He sighs dramatically. "I long for the days when one could simply take riches by force. Relieve some nobleman or merchant of his gains and do what you wish with the spoils. No one would know for weeks that anything had even gone missing. In this information age, a red flag goes up if a bank transaction is off by a dollar." The is something akin to lament in his eyes as he finishes. He appears to want to go on, but then reconsiders.

"What about you, Konrad? What variety of Breather lowlifes do you associate yourself with?" The smile returns. Gerald regards Konrad curiously. "Maybe we can begin to understand one another before the others arrive." the Ventrue continues, thus far unaware that anyone else has entered the hotel.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread