1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Time To Teach (Attn: Tam)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

The house isn't very far from Dagwoods and Tam finds that the place is very large. Ankh pulls into the driveway and gets out. She gives Tam a glance to see the other woman's reaction to her home.

"I think the kitchen will be suitable for your needs. I try to keep a stocked fridge. I always have a very healthy appetite and so does WQest, when he remembers he needs food." She laughs a little.

She unlocks the door and lets Tam go first. The foryer is big enough to let six people stand in the room with space to spare. The place is decorated with a distinct femanine touch. The living room is immediatly to the right of the foyer. but Ankh leads Tam forward down a a short hallway into the kitchen, which stands in a large open area in the middle of the house. Tam can see the other side of the kitchen leading into the dinningroom to her right and another open space to her left with a smaller table and chairs and a large bar. The kitchen has plenty of little gadgets for ease of cooking, a large refridgerator, lot's of counter and cabnet space, and a very nice stove. The gadgets consist of a microwave, coffee maker, convection oven, food processer, and a few other odds and ends along with a large spice rack.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam says nothing as they drive up, but she is thinking, Somebody has money.

"Nice place," says Tam as they get out of the car. As they pass through the house, she peeks into the living room like a puppy in a new house. She lags behind Ankh, paying attention to some of the decorations along the way. When they get to the kitchen, Tam lights up.

"Wow, this is as big as my little apartment. Not kidding."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh smiles a bit embarrassed. "I, uh, inherited a great deal of money from my parents when they passed away. I've never really been a material girl, but I figured, it's California, what the hell? Besides, I loooooove food!"

She motions to the smaller table and chairs next to the kitchen. "Why don't you dump your stuff here and we can get started? What is it you are having trouble with?"

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam lays her book bag on a chair and pulls out a couple books to lay them on the table.

"The trouble isn't so much about what I am studying, but how I am studying. I read and read, then I find my thought wandering. Sometimes I find myself reading the same material twice over, because I didn't catch the words the first time my eyes scanned them."

Tam sat down and rubbed her eyes.

"Just thinking about it makes my eyes itch. I would rather be playing with ...," Tam looks around, not sure if it was safe to speak with unveiled words, " ... Primary elements or speak with 'others'." She says this last part looking upwards towards the ceiling. She then glances over at Ankh.

"If I cooked while you skimmed the book and we talked about the highlights, I wonder if that would help me keep it interesting enough to get something out of it. Why are the books of academia all written with the same dry flavor of boring?"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

The back door closes and West comes in, still drying his hair with one hand from swimming. Small spots of water darken a t-shirt that advertises paintball games somewhere in Texas.

"Hi," he says. The single word expresses greeting, curiosity, and a touch of embarrassment. That's probably related to the pistol in his other hand. Maybe visitors aren't common?

"Hi," he says again, this time with a smile, to Ankh, before looking curiously at Tam. "I saw you at Ruby's lecture."

[banner]west[/banner]
    Nimbus

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam blushes slightly, remembering the trouble she got into at the lecture. She looks at the wet hair and the pistol.

"A new water sport? Or just cleaning the pool?" she says with a smile. "I'm Tam."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

"West......I didn't realize you were home." Ankh says, surprised and suddenly feeling like she's twelve and just got caught sneaking someone into the house.

Ignoring the feeling as best she can, she turns back to Tam with a smile. "Tam, this is West.....West, this is Tam."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Ah..." West looks down at his pistol, and towel. After looking for somewhere to put either, he just rolls the towel around the pistol and tucks it under his arm. For such an unusual circumstance, it looks like an oddly well practiced response.

"No, I was swimming," he answers when he's done. "Last chance, I think, it's getting cold out."

Talk about crazy and impulsive Enchanters.

West gives Tam a little wave at Ankh's introduction. "Did y'all hold up the library?" he asks Ankh, motioning at the table.
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh tries not to laugh. "Umm I didn't have any part in that so if it happened, it was Tam by herself."

She moves over to West and gives him a kiss on the cheek. "Why don't you go change? I'm going to be helping Tam learn how to study in a more effective and productive manner."

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"And I am going to cook up something nice for dinner."

Tam gets up and starts to nose around the kitchen.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread