Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Outlaws (Attn: Jack Bennet)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Jack arrives at the appointed place and time to meet with Reno's Sheriff, Ben Two Bears. The appointed place turns out to be a warehouse in a run-down small-industrial area. He sees Two Bears standing next to a well-worn pickup truck. Two Bears has another man with him, and as Jack approaches, he sees the other man is Frankie Stein. Frankie looks just like he did when Jack saw him at Prince Slade's office: Shaggy, sandy-brown hair, heavily-disfigured, patchwork face, one bloodshot eye larger than the other, lips peeled back on one side of his face to reveal yellowed teeth. He's even wearing the same outfit, complete with the bolo tie and scorpion pin, and he's carrying the same weapon, a well-used fire axe. The only thing that looks different is that he's more relaxed. In fact, when Jack arrives, he's laughing at something and shaking his head,

Jack sees a Mercedes sedan nearby and figures it for Frankie's ride.

"Good to see you, Jack,"
    Ben says. "Since you two haven't formally met... Jack, this is Frankie Stein. He's Prince Slade's personal leg-breaker. Frankie, Jack Bennet."

Hefting the heavy axe effortlessly in his left hand, he extends his right. The skin on his hands is a patchwork of scars, just like on his face. His hands are huge, the nails cracked and jagged. "Pleased to meet you, Jack," Frankie says.

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

Jack was surprised to see The Princes personal ax-man here with Ben and apparently happy as hell. Prince must be a slave driver or something. Typical. he thought as he made his way over and heard introductions being made.

"Same here Mate." Jack said with a smile that looked almost genuine as he shook Frankie's hand. A bit of a relaxed atmosphere made things a little easier on the Daeva after bloodhunts and tense meetings. "Hows your night so far?" He asked, directing the question at everyone present.

"It's goin' great for me," Frankie says. His voice is deep and scratchy, as if his vocal cords and tongue are just as patched-together as his exterior features. "My night started with Ben callin' me with some great news, 'bout somethin' I've been lookin' forward to for awhile now."

"Outlaws," Ben says. "They were caught poaching and told to get out of town, and they did for awhile, but we've been hearing accounts they've come back, hiding out but still poaching. A couple of my boys caught wind of them and finally managed to track them down. So, now we're going to take them down."

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

Sometimes Jack had to wonder why Kindred had to poach on teritory. Usually easier just to ask. "Ah ok. You know how many we're dealing with?"

"Three that we know of," Ben says. "Plus they have at least one hellhound, a ghouled pit bull. Another of us and two of my boys will be meeting us there."

"There's two men and a woman," Frankie says. "The men, if they happen to meet Final Death in the fight, that's fine, 'cause that's what they got comin' to them anyhow. The woman, though, it's fine if she's in torpor, but she needs to get back to the Prince alive. He's plannin' to make her a blood slave as an example to others who don't obey his laws."

"One other thing you ought to know, Jack," Ben adds. "They're Carthians. That isn't going to be a problem for you, is it?"

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Well, doesn't have have a flair for the dramatic Was the thought when he heard the mention of the words 'blood slave'. It did bring back a few memories though. A few of them not that bad...

"Like I said before mate, I'm done with the Movement. They usually just debate politics and crap like that or give the locals reason to take 'em out. Like right now for example." He said.

"Fair enough," Ben says. He goes to the warehouse and unlocks some heavy locks. "Come on in and let's get you armed."

He opens the door and gestures for you to go on in, following behind. Once inside, he closes the door and locks it again, then heads further in before turning on any lights. Inside are several vehicles, a lot of crates and several lockers, each padlocked. He opens up some of the lockers, showing off a variety of firearms.

"Nothing full auto," he says. "That's a good way to get the attention of the feds. Other than that and heavy explosives, we should have most anything you'd want."

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

Jack let off a low whistle as he saw how well stocked they were. So there was noting automatic or explosive? It didn't matter, Jack was more well adapted to the sort of firearms available on the streets these days. He had a quick look through the armory and settled for a Ruger Mini-14 as his main arm. Not the Lee-Enfield, but it should do the job. He though as he also grabbed a Glock 17 along with extra ammo. He also picked up a combat knife in case it was obvious that guns were going to fail him completely, even though his experience with such things were pretty limited.

"I think that will be enough. Do I have to pay you back latter for the lend?" He though as he made sure the safety on his guns were on.

"If things work out, you'll earn 'em by doing a good job," Two Bears says. He gestures for everyone to head out, then locks the place back up. "Frankie, go on ahead and let the others know we'll be there soon."

Heading over to his truck, he tells Jack "Get in."

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

"Sounds fair mate." Jack says as he headed out along with everyone else. He followed Ben over to his track and joined him inside, making sure his newly acquired armaments didn't jab into him uncomfortably.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread