Ended
Watch

Legacy of the Lion

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"We'll need a Moros if we want to learn more," Avis said, solemnly staring off into the empty theatre. "He's dead."

She let the blunt statement hang in the air. It needed no explanation, no embellishment. He hadn't just disappeared. He'd died. From what they'd probably never know, but he hadn't just abandoned his duty, his order, his cabal, or his Consilium. He'd died for it. Or, that's what she chose to think. Perhaps it wasn't Truth, but there was meaning there, and meaning had value. Indiscriminate, absurd, pointless death? Well, if there was value in recognizing that, Avis didn't see it.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

Asp didn't reply right away. There was only a long exhalation of breath, not quite a sigh, something more symbolizing something she'd expected, but hoped wasn't true.

One of their own had fallen. One she'd served with. Another loss, another Talon fallen.

A notion, the worst of all. She was going to have to be the one to tell his friends. Striker. Weavebreaker.

"All right," she said, quietly. "Thank you. I'll let the appropriate folks know."

What words would make it better, really? She reached over and clasped Avis's shoulder in a silent gesture of solidarity that said it all. She knew. She'd lost people before.

Good to wrap if you are, or good to continue. Whichever you prefer.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Are gonna hold a vigil or something? Maybe have a, I don't know, wake for him? I've never been to one, actually. Wasn't allowed to go," Avis mused, lightly leaning into the hand on her shoulder.

Oddly, she didn't really feel a sadness at what she'd found. It was more of a numbness. A tiredness. It was confronting a loss they'd already been dealing with for months. Leo hadn't really been a friend of hers, but he had lead her into and out of a den of Banishers, and he had asked her to join his cabal. She'd walked away from that offer and found family in a different one, but it was strange to think about what might have been if she had joined the Archangels. In light of his death, anyways. After what happened with Striker she'd laughed bitterly at the bullet she'd dodged. This, though, this was different.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

What a mess. What did they usually do, in situations like this? Was there a twenty-one gun salute for a fallen Talon? Should they be lighting a pyre for him, or putting a star for the lost soul onto the wall of the Circle of Creation?

"I think the first step is to let the people closest to him know. If I died..." She paused, sighing, letting the emotion flow out a little bit to center herself. "I'd want you guys to decide what sort of service happened. You, uh... want to come with me?"

We regret to inform you...

It came with two uniforms, didn't it?

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"I'd like to, but," she shrugged, "I'd rather not have to kill Striker today. Seems kinda, ya know, bad manners to take two cabal mates away from Weavebreaker." A weak smile flickered into place, then fell away.

"What I mean is, I just don't want to complicate things anymore than they have to be. I feel bad for Weave. I don't wanna cause her anymore pain because of my bullshit."

A
    Asp

Asp nodded. She understood. That was okay.

She could handle this on her own. It was a commanding officer's duty.

"Fair enough. He, uh... called me. Guy seems to desperately want to make it up to you. I told him to man up and face his charges with Honor, but I figured you'd want to be aware."

The hand squeezed gently into the leaning Mastigos's shoulder.

"I'm gonna get to it. Like taking off a band-aid, right?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"He's lying to you. If he wanted to make it up to me he'd take fucking responsibility for what he's done, not pretended like nothing's wrong, or that I deserved it," Avis replied, a scowl twisting her lips. "He's probably only sorry because he's going to face consequences. If I'd been beaten quietly like he wanted he probably wouldn't even give it another thought."

Lank, sweaty hair waved in a brief furry as a violent shake of the head banished that train of thought. "Nevermind. You've already heard it before and this isn't about me or Striker right now. It's about honoring the dead. So, yeah. Good luck, Asp. I'm sorry you have to deliver the news alone."

8. Likes West liked this post
    A
    Asp

"No worries. You'll just have to help me eat crepes when I get back so I can get my mind off it for a bit. Don't think I haven't seen the growing concentration of pudding cups in the cupboards. We'd best cull some of them."

Her hand let go, and a half-smile forced its way across her face before dying. How could this mood stay lightened, really? There was only one way forward, and that was to get her ass in gear and do what needed to be done.

She let a long breath out, like she was breathing out her stress.

"Okay. I got this. See you when I get back."

Great scene!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread