Ended
Watch

Legacy of the Lion

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The rhythmic clangs of metal echoed through the hallways of the Theater, pulsing from the heart of the Veiled Threats gym. After several repetition chained that oddly specific beat, the clangs stopped, leaving a thin veil of sweat running over Avis' skin. It felt like her lungs had to claw at the air to drag it into her struggling chest, and her limbs felt like they'd been set through the forge. It was time to stop. It probably was past time to stop. Unfortunately, she wasn't done yet. If she collapsed into a sweaty mess on the ground like she wanted to then she'd be half paralyzed when she woke up tomorrow. It just wasn't an option. It wasn't even a matter of willpower. It was bending to the wind so that she wouldn't break.

Slowly, Avis heaved up onto her feet and began to go through a cool down routine, damp hair spilling into her face.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

The Sentinel moseyed into the dojo, hearing the sounds of a hard workout. Unless Star had suddenly taken up metal as a weapon, she suspected their last remaining Mastigos was hard at work. Asp's fingers found the belt-loops of her jeans as she entered.

She was glad to have found Avis. There was one matter on her desk that was outstanding that really ought not to be - and if her suspicions were correct, she wasn't expecting good news.

"Hey, Avis. Good workout?"

It was good to see her at it. Endorphins did great things for anybody, especially given the choice her and Star had had to make. As she usually did, Asp had her ever-present Evian bottle with her. As it turned out, this one was still full, and she offered it to her cabalmate.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Thanks," Avis panted, taking the bottle from her last female friend. Hell, the only other friend she had besides Star. Two was enough, though, she thought, ceasing her movements and taking a gulp of water. A few more lungfuls of air, another, slower sip and Avis handed the bottle back.

"Yeah, was alright, I guess. Gotta, ya know, keep everything in shape. I'm learning another, uh, way to kill people, and it's really tough on my back. Gotta make sure everything else can keep up with the changes those muscles'll be going through, ya know? Or, um, that seems like a good idea to me. I don't know. You're the lifer. You could probably tell me more," Avis explained, still breathing heavily.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

C
    Cross

Shit. Wrong account. This is Aaaaasssssp!

Asp sipped, too. Germs? Life Mage. She was pretty sure she could handle whatever might be in Avis's mouth. The bottle hand chilled by her side. "Yeah, you got it. It's good to work out all around... here. Lemme show you something. There's a thing we Lifers do that helps with the workouts. It should help you develop muscle and take care of those aches and pains from the tearing real quick. Sort of accelerates your natural processes, healing, reflexes and all that."

She imagined in her mind Avis's body responding to the Mastigos's Will, putting her in tune with herself far more than ever before, and murmured in High Speech. The syllables flowed as they always did, and she released the spell onto her amigo.

"Feel that? You'll feel great in a few minutes. What's the new style?"

Asp was always interested in a good martial arts discussion.

Body Control on Awvee, 3 Potency
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-13 01:42:14 Asp rolls 9 to Body Control (Gno+Life+HS) (10 Again) 5, 5, 9, 9, 5, 4, 8, 7, 6 3 successes

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Whoa," Avis murmured, eyes falling down to her body. She knew she wouldn't see anything, but the sudden change in what she felt? Well, it demanded a look. It was like a current of warm oil had entered her veins and was soothing her brutalized meat from the inside out.

"Thanks," she muttered, still staring at herself, temporarily distracted by the wonder of magic. Eventually though, she gathered herself, eyes flicking up to focus on the Snake.

"Well, um, it's pretty different from what I've known how to do. I decided that I should learn what it really means to be an Arrow. So, um, I'm learning archery. It's not as practical as a gun, I know, but they're easier to get a hold of, and I like the history better. And, like I said, they're what our Order is named after. It just seems silly to be an arrow but not to be an archer. Besides, I think it'll be good to know how to kill at range without magic,"
    she explained.

A
    Asp

Asp gave Avis a thumbs up, nodding along as she explained what it was she was up to. Actually? That was pretty fucking cool. "That's awesome," Asp replied. "Man, I should study under you. Having bows would have been pretty handy against those Scelesti as we approached, you know?

She offered Avis a fistbump. Adaptability is Strength, and Avis was developing her Strength. The Snakey could respect that all day long. A beat passed, though, and Asp's face turned quite serious indeed.

"Sorry, I don't mean to interrupt your workout, but I'm hoping I can trouble you for a spell. You see, I haven't been able to find Leo, and I think the key is in a sympathetic casting of Telepathy. You up for it? I'd like to be able to report his whereabouts to Aquinas..."

Dead or alive.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"I know a way to hide them with space, too. Won't be hard to carry," Avis mused with fistbump, then trailed off as Asp brought up the specter which had been haunting their order.

"I...um. I've thought about trying to reach out to him, but I haven't cause I'm not sure I'll be able to tell the difference between a bad spell and a dead Leo," Avis explained, ducking her head and running a hand through sweat stained hair. "I guess I should try, though. You have any of his stuff or do we have to call Weavebreaker?"

A
    Asp

Asp definitely was considering the whole archery thing, but there was that problem of Leo Lockheart's disappearance. Bows and arrows could wait for Arrows.

"Well, worth a shot, right? We'll never know until we try. Maybe you can stick a Space Sight up on me so I can check for a sympathetic window opening... I, uh, don't have anything of his - but you knew him. Would that be enough? If it's not, I'm sure Weave can hook us up with a piece of his gear."

God. If he was dead and Weavebreaker had to be here to see them discover it...

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Alright, well, I guess I'll just try it now. If I can't get it then I'll need to do a ritual with someone, or we'll need to bother the Hierarch. Or, well, we might need a Moros," Avis replied brushing a hand through her hair again.

She sighed, to clear her lungs, and then took in more air. As the oxygen flooded her so did an image flood her mind: a point between her eyes sent out a vibration, depicted as a thin line of warped air, like the chest tunnel from Donnie Darko, which threading down the line which connected her to Leo, and as the image begin to flow she began to chant and focused her Will on making that image a reality.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-14 22:27:23 Avis rolls 3 to hail mary ping (gnos3+space3+HS+WP-8encountered) (10 Again, WillPower) 7, 10, 9, 5 2 successes

Assuming that Leo counted as a Known target, -2 steps due to S-name. -1 WP, -1 Mana for a sympathetic telepathy.

C
    Casitive

Everyone is linked together by threads, invisible and indivisible. Connections forming isn't just a figure of speech and no one knows this more than the practitioners of Space. Avis reaches for that thread between her and Leo, sadly not as strong as anyone would care to admit, but Avis feels the spell take and an answer she isn't expecting – or perhaps she was in the darkest corners of her mind – arrives.

There is no one like him connected to Avis anymore.

The Mage known as Leo Lockheart no longer exists among the living.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread