Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

(Sparks) Allison, Aryana, and Chuck

THREADID
    O
    Odentin

Allison steps away from the rest of the group, far enough away for spoken conversation to remain unheard. She turns and waits for Chuck and Aryana to catch up, before addressing Chuck directly, "In the interest of full disclosure, I should let you know that I've been invited to meet up with an established pack, and likely will be formally invited to join at that meeting. That pack already contains capable warriors, though, whereas yours could use the muscle."

She looks Aryana in the eye for a moment before returning her gaze to Chuck, "This situation, with your Beta. I'll admit that my temper got the better of me. But I can not abide the flagrant disrespect she showed myself and my Tribemates. Nor will I be asked to follow the direction of a coward, which she has displayed herself as. On the other hand, I can't refuse to forgive, either."

She lets out a long sigh, and turns to face Aryana, "Your Alpha wants us to work things out. Apologize, prove you have the courage to admit when you're wrong, and you will be forgiven; Answer to the challenge you cowed away from earlier, prove yourself worthy of respect; or decline, and prove yourself a coward. It's in your hands." She speaks calmly, but sternly, and never breaks her gaze. Even after she finishes speaking, her gaze remains on Aryana, waiting for her reply.

T

Chuck remained emotionless as he took everything in, the words, the looks and implications.

"I see." He said flatly. "So you have an offer of being a pack's omega but you thought you might find a better position in a newer pack where you would have more chance to show off your impressive physique." He nodded to her seriously. "I see nothing wrong with that. But you have admitted your temper got the best of you, so you can both apologize for the offence that was taken, intentionally or unintentionally. Then you can enjoy having a primary role when our pack enters combat and the benefits that go with it." He paused for a second, before meeting Allisons gaze again. "Or you can go back and scavenge for the scraps off another Alpha." He finished with a steely gaze. He held it for a second before looking to Aryana, his words should have been an indication of what he expected of her.

O
    Odentin

Allison maintains her gaze, correcting Chuck without looking away, "I have the choice of joining a strong pack, where I can learn from experienced wolves and grow personally, or to join a pack that lacks a proper stick to match their plethora of carrots, and help to keep them alive long enough to excel as a group. And I'll apologize for my reaction when I receive and apology for the initial offense." Her voice is flat and serious, making clear her refusal to budge on the issue.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana listened as the woman tried to take the moral high ground. She saw Chuck's gaze, but this wasn't his business. She wouldn't lie and apologize like some coward. She had nothing to apologize for. "I will not apologize for asking questions and seeking to understand the strength of an Alpha. Flagrant disrespect? Is it your Tribe's tradition to bare your neck to the first man you meet? Is it your Tribe's tradition to assume that everyone is fit to lead, and never even ask why, or how, they intend to do so?"

She snarled at the woman. "And you, will not apologize either. You cannot apologize for being a weakling. You will find no forgiveness for letting the first boot you find land on your neck and then abandoning it as soon as you found an occasion to advance yourself. You are a coward, a weakling, and an honorless dog, and I will accept no apology but that you swear to improve yourself, by the Lunes and Urfarah and Mother Luna." She glared at Allison. "Immediately. And then I will apologize for having possibly caused offence."

T

Allison's response surprised him. She could clearly see both sides of the situation and he wondered if she might have spent some time around other Elodoth. He was even more keen to have her now that she had shown this aspect of intelligence he wasn't expecting.

Chuck glared at Aryana as she spoke. It was not what he wanted to hear.

"I didn't ask you to apologize for asking questions." He snapped at her. "I told you to apologise that the situation escalated the way it did, and yet you continue to heap contention on the issue and pour fuel on the fire." he said, clearly angry with her.

He breathed out sharply, relaxing a little. "You are from different tribes and value different things, but this does not mean you have to be at each others throats about it nor hold each other to your own damn standards." he said, barely expecting them to listen to him. An Elodoth between two Rahu, trying to hold them at bay before they tore each other apart.

"She just she said she's looking to improve herself, and you'll never insult your way into someone's good graces." He snarled at his Beta.

O
    Odentin

"You understand nothing of honor or respect." Allison states flatly, "That you think to demand it of others without doing anything to earn it shows you for what you truly are."

Sh sighs once more, a look of disappointment washing over her face. She hadn't actually expected Aryana to apologize, but her insisting on digging her own hole deeper is just sad to watch, "You refuse to apologize, then. Shall we settle this with blows, then? Or will you cow away again? The Warrior Moon will shine in a few nights' time. I can think of no better night to bring an end to a dispute between those born under it."

Same night as the plot threads.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary growled audibly. "I accept. We'll see who the Lunes favor."

I'm ready to wrap this up if you guys are.

O
    Odentin

Allison nods and turns to Chuck, [color="#708090]"With that settled, I think I'll join your pack. I believe we can do some good in this city."[/color]

Sounds good to me! Looking forward to this.

T

So they wanted to fight it out? That was fine by Chuck, but there was one more thing to be addressed.

"Aryana I have given you the Beta position based on your words, which I do not doubt. But this would be the perfect opportunity to prove yourself fit to the task. Why don't I come and watch and you can both show me who is the best to lead our combat effort." he said with determination.

Ready to wrap!

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

scene

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.