DISPLAYED
(Night Lightning) Temptations

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Vassagon , Dark Passenger , SoraLow

The three Kindred and the one calling himself Matt leave the mansion in haste. Behind, doors are ravaged by bullets, furniture has been shoved around the house and a blood-deprived butler struggles to breathe, all his dignity forgotten after an encounter with the real Dark. Seeking to avoid this becoming even more of a crisis than it currently is, Matt leads them around the cameras.

The sound of sirens blares in the night as they all get into Chris's car and prepare to drive away. The butler has left his sword behind in the house and got into the back-seat. Currently he is busy with ripping off pieces of his shirt and roughly bandaging up the wounds Richard has dealt him.

Both his movements and eyes seem completely normal by now and the only reason why the Kindred notice something is wrong is that they saw what appeared before seep through the pretence.

He doesn't seem all that worried about being in the Kindred's power. After all, it's not his own body that Matt is risking.

"You working for that Aurora bitch?" - the voice is darker now, richer in tones but still hauntingly bleak.

This is a linked scene. Health, Willpower and Vitae stay at the same levels. You are in Chris's car and driving away from the house, Chris is driving.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Ugh, I need a drink," comments the disgruntled Savage while glancing at the side view mirror to check for cars that might be tailing them.

Konrad's in the passenger seat, shotgun awkwardly in his lap. He's tempted to train in on the Kine seated in the back if the guy gives them any trouble. Konrad doesn't answer the man's question, still really confused about what's going on.

He directs his question to Chris behind the wheel. "So, care to fill us in? You have any idea why this guy is helping us?" he asks, aware that the guy in question is able to hear them.

Richard is in the back seat directly next to the possessed butler and it isn't sitting to well with him. Richard has had very little dealings with shit like this and isn't too happy about having to be taxi'd around with the boogie man. But he doesn't say shit. Why would it? If he made any fuss about it now it would just sound like he was bitching, too afraid to share space with the butler. He hears the specters question, and like Konrad chooses not to answer. Richard leans his head against the car window while he waits for the ride to be over, the sooner he can stop rubbing elbows with this butler the better. "Shiiit, you and me both man." he says in response to Konrad.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Even though the Hierophant is maybe only a little more confident in this whole situation, he smiles when he notices the reactions of the other two. Just to be clear, Chris is slightly freaking out as well. But what the heck, this is also very interesting.

'So far, this guy, Matt Saunders - is only cooperating and not yet helping. Although I suppose that being trapped in a small room isn't really a happy afterlife. Though... were you trapped?' Chris shortly looks in his rearview mirror, at the possessed man.

'And - yes, this whole thing started by working with Aurora. But honestly I was just very interested in it all. There's no certainty in what we do now.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"And who is Matt Saunders supposed to be? Some relative of Emily Saunders?" he asks Chris.

"Richard, check that family tree you grabbed, see where he's at in there," requests Konrad with a glance.

It seems that Konrad is still hesitant to believe that this Kine has been possessed by a spirit or Ghost, assuming instead that they've just been mistaking a living relative for a butler this whole time.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

For Richard

There is some curiousity in Matt's eyes as he looks from one Kindred to the other. A hint of honest emotion felt by a shadow of a man:

"I am... I was the writer of the book. Now I guard my Legacy. It's a nice life", - a hollow laughter, sounding all too non-human, - "Or it was. Recently that occultist bitch showed up and tried to bribe or steal the book. Why? There is no eternal life, only eternal death. I know now".

He pauses, looking out of the car's window before adding casually:

"You see, she knows, that Aurora. I came across you people, long ago. You don't like when they Know, do you? Maybe you help me kill her? I can get you money".

Both his voice and expression stay blank as Matt says this. Whatever man he was once, the death of others means very little to him now.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Help him kill her? The question on Konrad's lips is 'Don't you mean you help us kill her?' They had already suspected her to be a Breach. Getting the book was supposed to be a chance to gather evidence to confirm that suspicion.

Konrad addresses the entity, "So what exactly is that book about? Nicking bodies post-mortem? Why don't you just haunt the professor then, get inside her head and then jump off a building?" There's still skepticism laced in his tone when he asks. He's always wary of a con, but this guy seems to be doing a convincing job of it.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris was about to say some things, ask a question, say what he thought about all this. Then Konrad posed his question.

Good point. The Hierophant grins.

'The way I look it, we've gained immortality, I'd like to keep that monopoly. We only participated with Aurora to research all this. I don't care whether she's alive or dead.'

After another moment thinking. 'Although I am interested in money. And I can keep you... your work, in my private library. Except me, hardly anyone will look at the book.' Now that's an offer.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Richard allows Konrad and Chris to do the talking while he searches the book for more information about Mr. Saunders. It takes him a few There is only one Matthew Saunders, it takes him awhile but eventually he finds the entry, "According to this Mr. Saunders was either the start of this family curse buisness, or was fortunate enough to have survived it before it took effect. He lived beyond his eldest reached eighteen."

Richard didn't really care much for this ghost or his families curse, all he cared about was patching up this breach and getting paid. He would provide information from the book as he was the one who nicked it, but beyond that he had no urge to get chummy with Mr. Saunders. When Chris mentions having a library to store him in he is confused for just a moment before remembering that in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't any of his business anyway.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread