THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

He's still not sure if he's allowed to use the meeting rooms, but he hadn't been told not to, at least as far as he remembered. He hopefully finds one of them open and accessible, knocking if it's closed just to make sure it's not already occupied. He eventually heads into one expecting Rina might follow and closing the door behind them.

"Hey, Miss Yui. Congrats on making Whip. Looks like you're rising up in our world," he starts out, a smirk creeping over his previously serious expression. It's just a Clan title but nothing to scoff at either.

Rina Yui

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina follows Konrad in. She felt distinctly naked without her knife to defend herself with, and she didn't know why he'd called her there, so she may very well have to do so. After all, what if the Carthians had gotten to him? What if he was on the other side, and was removing a potential threat? She wouldn't have done it in quite this way, but the Carthians weren't known for their ability to actually do anything right.

When he spoke, she nodded. "Thank you."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Meeting rooms had chairs and tables, didn't they? Konrad found himself a chair to sit down, expecting Rina would do the same if she felt like it.

"So, I have some updates I want to clue you in on. I'm sorry to say, though, that we probably won't be able to meet like this in Court anymore, at least for a while. It'll just be better to maintain appearances of distance between us." He pauses, looking to see if she responds or asks him why. Chances are she'd just wait patiently or push him to get to the point, so he continues.

"You're looking at the newest member of the Carthian Movement," he announces, tilting his hands out to the side in a subtle 'ta-da' as if it might be exciting news. "Now before you say anything," he adds quickly, suspecting she might be confused or angry. "I'm going to play out a little scenario for you. Think on this, the Carthians are just one member, Ashley Cohen, as you know. Now who better to keep watch over their movements than one of their own? You can't do it, being Invictus. You'd ruin your reputation and political ties. But our original arrangement was made specifically because I'm free of those limitations. So you get a direct line to your spy in their midst. Anyone new joins up, you know about it like that." He snaps his fingers to illustrate.

"Now, mind you, I've only just joined so Ashley's not going to trust me with any details or secret plans just yet. Hell, I only have a vague idea of what it means to be a Carthian. But what do you think, eh? Not bad, right?"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina plopped herself down into a chair as she listened. While on the outside she seemed just as calm as ever, on the inside she was smiling. She'd known this arrangement would be a good idea. She'd even known it would be a good idea to step back and give him carte blanche to do what she asked however he wanted. And she'd been proven right.

"An excellent idea. I applaud your efforts." She almost did literally, too. "I gave you the freedom to operate however you wished to for a reason; I trusted you would know the best way to do what you do." But, of course... "I am sure you didn't drag me back here and potentially threaten your cover just to tell me this."

Which did remind her of another thing. "I will set up some dead drop sites and burner phones for future times when you need to contact me. We shall have to work out a signal if you need to meet me in person, or your cover is threatened."
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Well if anyone asks, just tell them you were scolding me for something, like making sure I wasn't bringing any weapons into Court again. Or whatever you like. Tell them I was trying to recruit you. I'm sure that'll get you a few interesting reactions." He chuckles darkly at the idea.

Regarding her suggestions, Konrad nods. "That'll be smart, good thinking. We'll meet later to plan it out. We'll be like lovers, meeting in secret, hiding our taboo romance from a world that doesn't understand us," he jokes, covering the seriousness of the matter with lighthearted humor. Though perhaps he won't feel the same way if his cover does get blown.

"Anyways, I don't want to keep you, but I've got lots of other interesting tidbits if you want to hear them. Particularly regarding August Galloway."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina raised an eyebrow at his lack of seriousness, but she led it slide. He could operate however he wanted, so long as it didn't damage her reputation or her contacts. "I would be very interested in hearing them, though if you have things to do I would also accept them in the form of a letter or drop. Before you leave, however," She leaned in. "You have yet to say anything about a price. Our agreement is a two-way street, and I have yet to be given anything to fulfill my end."
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad is glad she asks. There's always a price, after all.

Konrad leans in as well as if they were sharing some secret in an already private room. "Well, for starters, if this thing with the Carthians goes South, I'd like you to have my back in case there's any unpleasantness with the Invictus. You know, in case there's talk of wiping out the Movement you'll give me a heads up so I can bail ship. So that's one thing. Obviously the idea of Boons is out because I don't want this to go public and Harpy's aren't great at keeping secrets if they can make use of them, not that we have one to observe a Boon. So let's just say for now you can feel indebted to me. Just to remind you, I haven't really given you anything useful yet. I've just set up a scenario where you might benefit. So I've just given you a little peace of mind, and you can return the favor by giving me the same. Once I do come up with juicy details then we can talk payment, an exchange of favors, or whatever. But don't let that stop you from thinking of ways to help me out."

He leans back again, still easy-going and pleasant. But something catches his attention, a memory that causes his smirk to fade.

"I heard about the Monomacy Duel. So you've been challenged, eh?" It doesn't seem like an appropriate time to catch up, but Konrad has something to tell her regarding this and he's sure it can't wait.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Most of that speech had been a given for Rina. He was her operative. She wasn't about to let the Invictus throw him away because they couldn't wait for 5 seconds while she gave him a call and told him to move. Of course, him not asking for a favor immediately both reassured her and put her on edge. On the one hand, it meant she didn't have to do anything. On the other, it meant she had little guarantee of him feeling indebted to her.

But that was an issue for a different time. For now there was a new topic. "I have. On that subject, I should inform you what should happen if I lose. I will be handing over your handling to Lady Star, should she accept." She was certainly sneaky and underhanded enough to handle it. "I will be talking to her soon in the aim of transferring my contract. Even should I die, I would much prefer that you continue to operate for the Invictus, wherever you may do it."
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Star?" Konrad looks surprised that Rina had thought that far ahead to prepare for a loss. "Isn't she the ex Harpy?" Konrad's hand goes and scratches the back of his neck awkwardly as he considers this as a possible outcome.

"Sure, I guess that works. But you don't really think you're going to lose, do you? Listen, I've got a plan in the works regarding this duel, but I need to know if you're onboard with it. Are you against bending the rules a bit? Cause if I can give you an edge in the duel I want to make the attempt. Just so you know, it won't incriminate you in any way, and it doesn't involve fancy weapons, though if you want I can try and get that for you too."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nodded. "She is, but I believe her first loyalty will be to the Invictus. She understands the value of silence and spies and underhanded tactics." Most Harpies did, even if they never showed it.

His next question brought her eyebrow up again. Any other Unconquered, in her opinion, would have slapped him. Especially a Knight. There was no honor in winning by cheating, and it would only damage the ancient tradition. But...Rina was a member of the Book. The Book had taught her long ago that she had no honor. It was not her purpose to fight as a Knight would. It was her purpose to win. "Speak."
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread