11 - 16
DISPLAYED
THREADID

(Sparks) Aryana & Chuck

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Well, maybe he'd learned something. Maybe in that moment she'd taught him to keep his weakness from the eyes of his pack. He was terrible at it, especially after having just admitted, but some people are just better than others at hiding weakness. He was an alpha now. It was his responsibility to learn.

She ignored that statement. She knew the truth, and now he knew it too, whether or not he would admit it to himself. "I hope so, Chuck. I hope you can uphold that statement, because I will make you uphold it. Even if I have to drag you kicking and screaming."

T

And so this is how it would be. Chuck felt the balance tip toward him as he realized he would need to prove himself not just to the pack, but even more so to his Beta. She wouldn't give him any quarter and he wouldn't expect any. Still it wasn't as if he hadn't dealt with pressure before, he wondered sometimes if he actually got more done when the heat was on.

"See this is exactly what I'm talking about Aryana. In one breath you tell me you'll replace me and in the next you tell me you'll hold me in place." He said in an accusing tone. Time to see if she took it as well as she dished it out. "That's your weakness." he said, punctuating it by poking her shoulder gently. "You need to think things through more. A trait not held in high esteem by most Uratha I've found, and yet standing out in such an area is a different type of strength. One which you would do well to cultivate." he said hoping to put her the back step.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Aryana was taken aback by his response. It seemed the conversation had shifted. Had he accepted his responsibilities? She certainly hoped he had. But, only time would tell.

Now, the new switch bothered her more. She was the subject of attention now, and she wasn't particularly sure she liked that. But, it was her duty as an Iminir to know her weaknesses and work through them. And maybe sometimes she acted without thinking. And maybe sometimes it got in the way of getting things done. She accepted that. She worked to fix it. "We all have our own weaknesses, and we all must work to repair them."

T

A smile lit Chuck's face.

"Good." A slight pause "Then I think we can work together. One question for now. Has Jaqcueline agreed to be in a pack with you already?" he inquired.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary nodded. "She has." She considered how she would explain that Chuck would be the Alpha. She was sure the girl would understand; Jacqui was a smart woman. The question was how Ary could present it without sounding annoyed.

T

"Excellent." Chuck said no longer upset in the slightest but instead looking very pleased. "A pack of four is an good start. Obviously we have things to discuss but for now let's get back to the others. We'll need to exchange contact details and I'll setup a meeting for us all soon." That said he began moving back to where the others waited.

Chuck moves back here.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2