Ended
Watch

(1502) Round Table Conference

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Idun

PRE

She moves to take a seat with a smile towards their hostess. Idun also picks up a bottle of beer before she sits down. She taps the top of it, trying to settle the beer within.

"I don't see the harm in Striker remaining. It's not like he's going to have no status forever if he continues to reside in the city." She remarks before she opens her can and takes a sip.

Zilker | SL •••• (Tranquil) | Status: Consilium ••• Guardian •••• Thyrsus •
    Cloaked Spells: If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-1 to have your unseen senses trigger.

"Master Animus." The Guardian smiled gently. "Who said I left?"

Absence of evidence is not always evidence of absence. Someone had to keep the Seers busy.

"Of course he's a Thyrsus, but if the Thyrsus of the Consilium are going to discuss Consilium business, he will leave. He has no voice in Sacramento's Consilium, formally or informally,"
    Zilker continued. "I would assume he attended the Consilium meeting to stand trial so that he could re-petition for acceptance -- something which is not guaranteed." The last, directed at Idun.

"But, as I said, that's only if Consilium business is being discussed. I'm guessing this isn't a meeting for all the Thyrsus of Sacramento," he continued, laughing softly. Of Banishers and Seers, he saw none.

"Striker, please leave. Do you really want forcing yourself upon Consilium business to be on your growing list of transgressions when the Hierarch and Councilors review your status? Show the Awakened that you've learned that you can behave with prudence, and your Order that you can act with honor, and take this opportunity to make the Wise choice."
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

T

Striker gave the man a discerning stare.

"Zilker. You're the bloke Aquinas said he cabaled up with ay." he said, seeming to be considering the other Thyrsus' words. "So I'll listen to ya for his sake."

The Australian lent forward. "I went to the meeting 'cause I didn't know what was gonna happen. An' apparently neither did half the councillors." His eyes flicked to Idun for a second before returning to Zilker to try to bore a hole into him.

"I know the cabal I was in was bloody useless even before everyone left an' I know I've made mistakes. But that's what they are ay. Mistakes. I'm tryin' to do better." he said before standing quickly.

He finally took his gaze off Zilker again to look to Damascus. "Thanks Dami I'll see ya round. I still wanna talk to you about those tatts sometime." he said before heading back up the hallway, beer in hand, towards the door without making eye contact with any of the other mages.

Unless stopped, Striker leaves the scene.

E
    Eris

Damascus retrieved the bouquet from Zilker’s grasp, moving to place the flowers within a vase not quite sufficient for the task of containing their volume. As Striker made to leave the petite Asian accompanied him to the door and saw him out, a concerned expression creasing her countenance. “To learn from our mistakes is all anyone can ask of us, and all we can ask of ourselves.”

I’ll need to speak with Crowley about this acknowledgement issue…

Returning to the room she faced the others, her gaze settling upon Zilker. She’d asked for an explanation as to why Striker couldn’t stay and their response had boiled down to ‘because I say so’ accompanied by threats.

Just like Nous and Zodiac; no prizes for guessing his Order.

She drew in and released a deep breath in an attempt to stifle the parallels her mind was drawing between the man before her and the one who had attempted to strip away her humanity and shape her into a blank, compliant automaton. “One does not need a voice to listen, or to learn.” She’d let Zilker interpret that as he pleased; if he had never been denied a voice then he couldn’t understand, and if he couldn’t understand then she couldn’t explain it to him. Some things couldn’t be taught, only learned.

The meeting was not off to a promising start; but she didn’t need to like someone to work with them. In an attempt to return the gathering to its intended course Damascus addressed those Thyrsus still standing. “If there are no other objections then we can begin. Please, sit, help yourself.” She circumnavigated the laden table to occupy her previous seated position, her familiar followed, scrabbling across the floor to clamber over the wood of her chair and rest atop her seat-back.

She lifted her copy of the Lex from where it sat off to one side of her place to reveal a notepad and a couple of pens. She drew the cap from one and began to write, after a moment glancing up to regard the others. “There’s a copy of the Lex there for each of you, and notepads beneath if you require them. I believe our first action should be to decide upon the immediate concerns for discussion. I’d say that our lack of a Councilor, and the restrictions imposed upon their selection, is one of our most pressing concerns. If you feel there are other issues we need to address then please raise them, then we can agree upon what order to tackle things in.”

The petite Asian moved another slice of flatbread to her plate and took a sip from her glass; the long night was just beginning.

Idun

PRE

Idun sighs softly as Zilker presses the issue and Striker leaves. Our actions do have consequences. Striker's actions brought this on. She reminds herself as she places the bottle down upon the table as she reaches for the copy upon the table plus note pad. "Shouldn't we at least allow him to leave with a copy?" She inquires, glancing around the room.

There can't be any harm in allowing him to read the Charter and the Lex, right? She wonders privately.

Cloaked Spells: If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-1 to have your unseen senses trigger.

Calm eyes lingered on the flowers. If he found any irony or hypocrisy in Damascus' admonition, it wasn't evident.

"Striker may ask for a copy if he rejoins the Consilium." The words were as gently firm as the actions that went with them -- a retrieval of a bottle of water, and carefully pouring it into the vase. The answer was as obvious as water itself.

Matching action to word, the Shaman waited for Striker to leave, then moved to stand behind one of the seats.

"None of the Golden Thread will Advise as long as one of our own is deemed Wisest," Zilker spoke, remaining standing as he waited for the others to sit. "Which leaves the Stone Book closed and silent unless Master Animus will step forward or the Laws' restrictions are met by another." Dark eyes moved from from face to face as words were spoken with soft regret.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Troubled eyes follow Striker's progress through the door. Actions. Consequences. And yet ... That could be you.

Sadness and pain flick through the Talon's eyes as he returns his focus to those still present. "I'm not worthy of the position. Not now. I cannot accept. We find another way."

When did I start allowing others to pay the price for my own faults?

E
    Eris

Damascus took a bite of the flatbread whilst she chewed over the others’ responses. “Then one of us will have to take the seat.” She took another sip from her glass and turned toward Idun.

“I don’t know where you currently stand in relation to Cabal and Order. I’m currently engaged in discussion with two and expect to have an answer for them soon, though perhaps not before the next Consilium is called.” She paused, a niggling concern was eating away at the edges of her focus. “You were our Councilor at the time of the drafting of the new Lex; could you talk us through what happened when the restrictions on who could hold the office were enacted? At the meeting everyone seemed surprised by them; apart from Nous.”

Idun

PRE

Idun turns to Animus as he speaks, once more declining the position. She looks towards Damascus as she asks about the talk they had during that oh so important meeting when they were discussing the new Lex. With her lips pressed, she leans back, letting out a sigh.

"The meeting we had as Councilors wasn't much to be honest. We focused on the Gold Laws, talked about Judgements, and discussed who should do which Illuminations." She tells the group. "We literally never talked about what's in the Charter proper or the guidelines concerning the positions. I swear, Nous never even hinted at anything about the qualifications of a Councilor or took time to empathize it in any way to those who it most applied to."

"I only browsed through the Charter and Lex, given the state of our Path, I didn't see the point in focusing on joining an Order or actively seeking a third. I never saw myself in the position permanently to begin with." She admits. To think, we might still be in this position even if Striker had stepped up for the post, given his legal trouble.

"Why would the Acanthus Councilor be responsible for pointing out something to you?"

A curious look was directed at Idun, then focused on the platter of sushi and sashimi. Choices were made, and the Edgetender lapsed back into silence.

If their choices were Damascus or Idun, then questions must be asked.

11. Likes Sirith liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.