(1502) Round Table Conference

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tired eyes flick between those present. Disaster. Failed. Reluctantly, he takes a seat, noting the subtle shifts of posture. "Idun. If we are to recover, we need the truth."

Downcast eyes, unable to meet his pathmates' gaze. "And part of that truth ... during Consilium, Pepper gave me forewarning of the upcoming restrictions. My first thought was of the benefits of better-connected Councilors, rather than of the makeup of my own path. I do not know whether I could have prevented ... this. But by not trying, I failed all of you."

Sad eyes flick toward Damascus. "It's going to be a tough road ahead. I don't know how much help I can be, but I don't wish to be a man who fails to repay his debts."

Assuming it isn't already far too late for that.

I see you
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-22 13:17:35 Animus rolls 9 to Wits + Emp + 2 (10 Again) 10, 3, 7, 7, 9, 4, 4, 5, 8, 8 4 successes

Idun

PRE

Silence reigns as Idun tries to think over what she said and what little she recalled from that meeting with the Councilors. Let's see there was small talk, then debate on the meaning of the Gold Laws, talked about Judgements, and who's writing up which Illumination. Seriously, I can't think of anything I left out. She wonders to herself. "I told you all that I recall from that meeting." She tells them honestly.

"I'm more then happy to never have the position of Councilor ever again."

E
    Eris

Damascus’ lips quirked into a smile as Zilker attempted to puncture the swelling silence with a stab at humor. “Thank you for your frank engagement Zilker.” She parried his intimation with a nod. “I can promise you that I will consider what has been said here tonight.” Pro Tem? She’d have to look that up later.

The petite Asian's eyes came to rest upon Animus. “I suspect there was little you or anyone else could have done by that point besides further contribute to the growing snarl of accusations and recriminations which entangled proceedings.” Her brow furrowed as she attempted to put a name to the debt he spoke of. “If you would offer me counsel, then I would gladly hear it.”

Well, this issue would appear to have resolved itself, at least as far as the Path were concerned. “Alright, if by the next Consilium gathering I fulfill the requirements then I shall assume the position.” Damascus' gaze roamed over the faces of her guests, seeking any sign of objection; not that she expected any, they’d each expressed their own stances without ambiguity.

“In the interim I will contact the other Councilors to try and get a handle on where things currently stand regarding possible revisions to the charter. I intend to push for, if not the removal of the restrictions on who may be Councilor, then at least their reduction to one of either Cabal or Order.”

She turned her attention to regard Zilker once more, of those here present he’d been the most involved in the discussion; and she suspected the most likely to disagree. “If there are objections to my proposal then I would hear them. Similarly if there are any other concerns you feel need consideration then please speak up. Actually...”

Damascus reached into a pocket of the jacket draped over her chair-back and withdrew a thin silver case. She rose from her seat and, walking the circumference of the table, set a business card bearing her Shadowname and number beside the places currently occupied by each of her guests before returning to her seat. “You should be able to get in touch with your Councilor, even if the appointment proves only temporary.”

Her eyes were drawn to a clock on the far wall, it would seem that time had been creeping on in spite of how little they would seem to have achieved. “If there are no other concerns at this time then I would like to draw this meeting to a close, it's getting late.”

Zilker | SL •••• (Tranquil) | Status: Consilium ••• Guardian •••• Thyrsus •

Cloaked Spells: If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-1 to have your unseen senses trigger.

Whatever light had been in Zilker's eyes from the levity slowly faded.

Animus, who had turned his back on two Orders, his Path, and finally his own cabalmate. Wise who had brought him in to the sanctuary of their cabal, he would betray to near strangers. Idun, who continued to defend herself with lies.

Words drew his attention back to the new Councilor, and there was the slightest hint of a head shake at the unspoken question. The voice of the Tree had been chosen, even if by default, and they would all see if the choice bore fruit. He rose gracefully, and his head dipped.

"Councilor, thank you. I have no further concerns."

Some birds leave the nest and take flight, even if they need a shove. Others squawk in the nest long past their time.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

E
    Eris

End Scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.