(1502) Round Table Conference

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    E
    Eris

Sight and Shield
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-08 05:47:25 Damascus rolls 8 to cast Second Sight (Gno + Spi + HS) (10 Again) 5, 5, 6, 10, 2, 7, 2, 6, 4 1 success
    2015-02-08 05:47:07 Damascus rolls 8 to cast Ephemeral Shield (Gno + Spi + HS) (10 Again) 2, 8, 3, 5, 1, 6, 8, 4 2 successes
    Damascus sat in the dining room of the brownstone that had become the sanctum of the Temoins du Sud, nibbling on a slice of flatbread as she awaited the arrival of her guests. She hadn’t really got to know the other pilgrims on the path of ecstasy, and she wasn’t certain that they’d respond to her invitation; but there were matters to resolve which shouldn’t be put off. In the spirit of keeping things amicable she’d prepared a repast; no one liked discussing important decisions on an empty stomach, the laden dining table was a testament to the petite Asian’s belief in that regard. She knew from experience, though admittedly not extensive experience, that a Shaman’s appetite could rival that of a small family and had prepared accordingly.

Her familiar, ever present during her culinary endeavours, now stood by the window seemingly watching the cars go by. She sighed and idly thumbed through her copy of the Lex again, which had been considerately delivered by the Mastigos Councilor to the Apostates of her Cabal.

She idly drummed the fingers of her free hand against the table in an attempt to resist reaching for another slice of flatbread in the interim. It didn’t work. Three bottles of wine sat on a side table behind her, a hazard of preparing differently styled dishes was the struggle to match alcohol to food; she reached for the Riesling and poured herself a glass.

“This could be a long night...”

roadnottaken Animus RockBane Teeramus Striker

T

Striker thought nothing would surprise him when it came to Thyrsus meetings anymore. So he wasn't even phased when he received the invitation from the newest Shaman in town. In her Cabal's sanctum no less.

Well bugger me. I guess she'll be our Councillor then. Striker thought as he knocked on the door.

He wore his new denim jeans, a dark red polo shirt and boots and his multitool and knife were both strapped to his belt. The shaman looked unimpressed as he waited outside the portal. He'd had a bad history of Thyrsus meetings and he wasn't expecting this one to go any better.

Sight and Shield
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-09 05:37:29 Striker rolls 5 to Pulse of the Living World (Gnosis+Life+HS-Retry) (10 Again) 1, 10, 4, 4, 1, 9 2 successes
    2015-02-09 05:37:11 Striker rolls 6 to Pulse of the Living World (Gnosis+Life+HS) (10 Again) 2, 5, 1, 6, 7, 5 failure
    2015-02-09 05:36:59 Striker rolls 5 to Organic Resilience (Gnosis+Life+HS-Retry) (10 Again) 7, 2, 7, 4, 8 1 success
    2015-02-09 05:36:45 Striker rolls 6 to Organic Resilience (Gnosis+Life+HS) (10 Again) 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5 failure

Idun

PRE

Idun spies Striker as she approaches the Temoins du Sud. She casted her shielding spell back home before leaving the house. "Hey Striker." She greets him.

Her hair is the same as it was at the meeting, her shirt is navy blue sporting a tribal style bird in a lighter shade of blue and blue jeans. She's wearing dream catcher earrings and a pewter owl pendant on a leather strap. She left her gun in her car, secure in a case that she has the key to.

Shielding is 3 potency
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-09 12:05:14 Idun rolls 7 to Life + Gnosis + HS (10 Again) 9, 8, 2, 2, 4, 7, 8 3 successes

- 1 mana

E
    Eris

Damascus rose from her seat at the sound of knuckles rapping on the wood of the door; her heeled boots clicking on the aged yet maintained boards as she stepped from the carpeting which encircled the table. She’d dressed in her usual leather pants, but had doffed her coat whilst engaged in the kitchen. Her upper body was wrapped in a black sleeveless tank, and her ever present assortment of piercings and rings were unsurprisingly... present.

A few measured paces into the hall followed by the retraction of a couple of bolts brought her face to face, with not one, but two Shamans stood on her front step. “Hi Striker, Idun. Would you like to come in?” She offered the pair a smile as she stepped back to one side to allow entry to her Pathmates. “First door on your right.” Once the door had been closed and bolted behind them, the petite Asian moved towards the room she'd indicated.

Upon entering the dining room the Shamans were presented with a round, wooden table; six chairs positioned at equal intervals around the circumference. In its centre stood enough food for a Consilium buffet. Balanced atop a pair of food warmers were large dishes of chicken and chorizo paella and Szechuan twice cooked pork. Encircling the tea-light fueled heaters were a a quartet of flatbreads, though the two nearer the place setting with the partially filled wine glass were each missing a slice. Around the table, interspersed equally at 120 degree intervals were; a platter of sushi and sashimi, another of antipasto and a third and deeper dish containing a hearty portion of salad. She wasn’t expecting a vegetarian for dinner, though she'd served a couple up; but it paid to be prepared. Hopefully there’d be something to each of their tastes, and what they didn’t get through together she could feed to Einstein; apart from the salad, obviously. Upon the table edge nearest the door sat three unopened copies of the Lex.

Damascus strode past the pair and into the room proper, damn Idun was tall up close. “Sit where you like, I hope neither of you suffer from allergies? If you'd like something to drink there's wine, or beer if you'd prefer.”

T

"Idun." Striker said to the colourful Thyrsus without much warmth to his voice before the door was opened.

"Hey Dami, cheers mate." he greeted the tattoo artist as he entered and found the room she directed them too.

He looked around impressed at the spread and the sanctum. "Where can I grab a beer?" He asked, before he spied the copies of the Lex on the table. He strode over to pick one up and confirm what they were. "Bloody hell, we might actually get something done this time." he said to no-one in particular.

Zilker| SL •••• (Tranquil) | Guardian Status: 4 | Cloaked Spells
    If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-1 to have your unseen senses trigger.

"Is there still a meeting on the tenth?"

Words fell like gentle rain on leaves. The Primal Wilds left it's mark on Shamans; often, in some bestial aspect. But the Wilds were flora and fauna, and more. Eyes like the perfectly still surface of a lake swept over the trio, and a soft smile rippled across the placid surface.

"Or is this just a social? I'm Zilker, Edgetender of the Golden Thread, and these are for our hosts." A large bouquet of blue periwinkles and yellow roses was presented.

"I only ask, because if this is Consilium business, obviously Striker will need to leave."
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

7. Likes Sirith liked this post

Idun

PRE

"It's good to meet you, Damascus." Idun greets her with a smile, her eyes moving form Striker as the door opened. She turns and to greet Zilker as he mentions the meeting notice she posted.

"I had assumed that this was a Social scene but I wouldn't be surprised if it took a more serious note." She admits, she turns towards Damascus, given she's the one who organized this little event.

OOC

Uh, since when was this not an official path meeting RockBane ? This is the Path Meeting for the Thyrsus. Please read and understand the threads you are in before responding to them.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus arrives soon after Zilker, noticeably late and distinctly harried-looking. The sight of the former Epopt brings him up short, before he recovers and continues inside.

There's a brief nod and murmer of thanks to Damascus, before attention wanders back to the Guardian. "I thought for sure you'd left the Consilium. Good to see you, though. What brings you back?"

E
    Eris

Damascus raised an opened pack of mixed craft beers from where it sat by the side-table upon which the wine rested. She carried the container of alcoholic beverages around the laden table to set it upon another unit nearer her guests who had begun to cluster around the doorway.

“Beer’s here Striker.” The box was a couple of bottles light; she was more of a wine girl but this craft stuff was quite good. She hoped the remaining ten would prove sufficient for her pathmates’ needs; though getting drunk before getting through the agenda was something she wished to avoid if at all possible.

Perhaps that's how we ended up in our predicament with the current Lex...

Damascus blinked as an unfamiliar figure appeared in her field of vision, baring flowers of all things. “Hello Zilker.” The petite Asian rounded the table, closing the distance between them, then slowly extended a hand to receive the proffered blooms. “I’m Damascus, Edgetender of Temoins du Sud. To answer your question, I hadn’t heard about a meeting on the tenth when I began putting this together; given the pressing nature of some of our concerns I felt that our path meeting was best convened sooner rather than later.”

”As for Striker’s need to depart, it may not be as obvious to some as you'd think.”

Seeing as I invited him, and he showed up, then at least two of those present aren’t clear on where you’re coming from.

”I thought that the meeting for the path of ecstasy, was first and foremost, Thyrsus business. As far as I’m aware, Striker is still a Thyrsus.” Damascus rested her other hand atop the small, and spying Animus over the newcomer’s shoulder, insufficient stack of copies of the Lex. “I’ve been reading through this document for a while now, I didn’t come across anything that would prohibit his attendance. Though if Striker is barred from Consilium functions I’m surprised that this wasn’t raised earlier. He attended a formal meeting of the Consilium, and no one batted an eye at his presence there…”

The petite Asian acknowledged the looming woman’s greeting with a nod. ”A pleasure to meet you Idun, would you like to take a seat?” Again she took in the knot of mages, milling unproductively in the doorway; they’d achieve nothing like this.

“Perhaps we should all take a seat and then we can get to grips with the issues at hand. I had hoped to gather your concerns and draw up an agenda for this evening; but it seems that our first order of business has been decided for us.” Her head shifted so that her gaze rested squarely upon Zilker. She would hate to turf Striker out onto the street after inviting him into her home and offering him food and refreshment; wouldn't it be like waving bacon in a puppy's face and then kicking it? “Please.” She gestured to the table behind her, hoping that they would take the blatantly broadcast hint.

T

Striker took a beer and opened it. He set the bottle down to retrieve the cap off the floor where it had landed and placed it on the table before taking up his beverage again, pressing it to his lips and taking a mouthful of the citrus and malt flavoured beer.

"Mmmh." he said looking at it with surprise. "Tastes fancy. Thanks Dami." he offered his host before taking the nearest seat and relaxing into a casual slouch.

"And what she said." the one armed Australian said, finally looking at Zilker and pointing his beer at Damascus and maintaining his gaze to see what the new-to-him mage of Sacramento would say next.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.