Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(SVD) Killjoy's Corner

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    G
    Greebs

Mal blinked in surprise as all of a sudden, she and Ava had accumulated their own little Minefield between her objectives and escapesocial circle. Morgan bounced them with her typically unconventional greeting, and barely a heartbeat later had stuck her rascally claws into a stocky Ogress who certainly looked like she'd fit in to their growing band of under-dressed misfits to which Tessa had also attached herself.

She shot Ava a look of barely disguised panic, at the sheer number of people she had to try and be 'nice' to, all at once.

Oh. My. God. She couldn't even make it twenty steps to the bar. Sweet alcoholic bliss. It's so close! Just out of her reach! Her inner child is extending her arms to full length and making anxious, grabby motions in the direction of the bar. Her adult brain, however, catches both a familiar stutter and the names it carries. Hey there's Ava. A familiar face, that's immediately comforting. And that person with her has got to be Mal, as the Steepscrambler next to the Ogre just shouted. That's right, Ava's friend Mal. They'd met before, a year ago. Watching Ava drag the Hunterheart out onto the dance floor had been very amusing. At least last year's party had a theme.

Her forward momentum has stopped before it even begun, so she finds herself standing next to an Autumn Steepscrambler. She listens silently, letting her wish for a drink wither and die as she tries to be courteous, while Morgan stutters through their reintroduction. Epic failure is the right phrase for it. Lesson learned; don't toy with ghosts unless you know what you're doing. "That's right," she confirms for Morgan. "The name's Ramona," she reminds, in an attempt to relieve some of the awkward tension that might be brought about by trying to recall the details of that crazy evening, "And I'm a blacksmith and metalworker. You're... Morgan, right?" Yeah, that sounds right. She waits for confirmation, a nod at least, before going on, "I've been... good. Got a chance to work overseas for a while, and I took it. I've been gone for a few seasons, but I'm back now, and planning to stick around."

S
    Saeyer

The familiar sound of Morgan's voice made the Nix look down from her perusal of the very red decor, eyes falling on the Raccoon. She waved in return, a broad smile splitting her face. Noting Ramona Bohannon 's presence beside the Steepscrambler she included her as well while she was at it. Waves for everyone. Despite her initial misgivings, the comfortable high of seeing all the friendly faces warmed her- and the champagne didn't hurt. Why did it feel like she hadn't seen some of these people in so long? Right, might have something to do with hiding in a well and worrying about cannibals. Whoops. That was, of course, not going to stop her from going home from this and doing just that.

Another friend sauntered over, wearing a more appropriately colored sweater than the rest of them. "Hey, Tessa," she responded, smile still in place. "You know me too well; home is exactly where I'd be, but Mal needs to renew her Oath and I figured I'd come along, be sociable." That wasn't exactly how that had gone down, but close enough. She very much wanted to make a joke about coming along to chaperon Mal but the look her roommate shot her stayed her tongue; the poor Wolf was having a hard enough time as it was. "I'd like to say I'm here for the food, but looks like they cut us off this time."

The errant thought about cannibalism and the lack of buffet struck each other, sending off a shower of uncomfortable sparks. A deluge of grisly, unwanted imagery flooded her mind and she forced it back as best she could, fingernails digging into the palm of her free hand. "What about you? Any good Valentine plans after this?" It helped that she had looked vaguely uncomfortable before hand, but she wanted to get the topic off food as quickly as possible. Measured breathing. Take a sip. Focus on Mal's offensively yellow hoody. She wanted to reach out and grab the ugly thing, but the obvious awkwardness of such an act stopped her.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"Yeah, I know. All these other times we had a bunch of food to keep us full. Even the funeral had snacks. But no, this time we'll just have to deal with chocolates and alcohol." Tessa took a swig of her own glass as she complained about the lack of sustenance. She was glad she wasn't the only one to have noticed this discrepancy, it would've been just like her to be the only one who cared about the missing food. She stiffened at the mention of Valentine's, her tail going stiff behind her. Had they seen her drop off her Valentine? Further evaluation made her realize that was not the case, as well as wondering why it would matter.

"You kidding? This was my Valentine plan. After this, I'm heading to Edna's and bundling myself up in blankets. Unless you're wanting to ad-lib something."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nods her head quickly to confirm her name, "Y-y-yeppers." She also sent a smile to her fellow bandit-masked Beast before returning her attention to Ramona.

It was good the woman was indeed a blacksmith, Morgan had hoped to find more crafty lings. And yay, her vanishing was for a good, plus temporary, reason. Good fortune and return, that was something to smile about so Morgan did, "Oh, g-g-good to heh-here of you excellent fortune, heh. Hope t-t-the place yozz went to twas nice-ice and the work was fun-educational, oro-or least pleasant. G-glad to heh-hear I recall something right, heh, g-g-get kicked outta office if didn't sometimes." She gave a shrug as she said that. She then smiled, "Um, q-question? Nada recall w-what kinda metal-work yoz doooo, heh-heh. W-w-was it art-see, jeweler, oro-or swords?"

Tessa's comment about ad-libing made her chuckle before expressing her opinion to the group, "Pizza tis g-good improv. Oro-or pub."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex stepped up to the group of Ladies, quickly meeting Morgan and Tessa's eyes with a smile. "Hey Morgan, Hey Tessa. Ramona, good to see you too. Sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but any of you want some Champagne? Or anything else to drink?" Yeah, sure, act like a waiter. But he really did want to talk to the two ladies who were the first of the Lost he'd met in Sacramento.

Hopefully, his willingness to be sidelined in the meatier talk wouldn't upset anyone else. And maybe he's get some new acquaintances too. He eyed the two unknown to him with curiosity, and offered what he hoped was a relaxed smile. He wasn't enjoying the evening yet, but maybe he would be by the end.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex stepped up to the group of Ladies, quickly meeting Morgan and Tessa's eyes with a smile. "Hey Morgan, Hey Tessa. Ramona, good to see you too. Sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but any of you want some Champagne? Or anything else to drink?" Yeah, sure, act like a waiter. But he really did want to talk to the two ladies who were the first of the Lost he'd met in Sacramento.

Hopefully, his willingness to be sidelined in the meatier talk wouldn't upset anyone else. And maybe he's get some new acquaintances too. He eyed the two unknown to him with curiosity, and offered what he hoped was a relaxed smile. He wasn't enjoying the evening yet, but maybe he would be by the end.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel approached the group with a calm smile. And greeted them each in turn.

“Hey, Ava. How have you been?” It seemed like it had been a long time since he’d had a chance to talk with her. Of not as long as “Mal, good to see you too.” If he was remembering right the last time they’d spoken was last Summer. Well, he’d spoken, she had been busy with a staring contest. If it weren’t for Morgan he probably wouldn’t know her name. However, he did know she was friends with Morgan and Ava. So, while forcefully introverted, she couldn’t be too bad.

“Hi, Tessa,” he said, feeling suddenly awkward, Ava’s comment at the store still fairly fresh in his mind. He scratched as the stumps of his wings began to itch and moved on before he got any more pale.

“Morgan; Ramona. Glad to see you could make it.” He’d honestly thought the Ogress had left town after the whole haunted apartment thing but it seemed she had just been lying low.

“And I don’t think we’ve met. I’m Daniel,” he said to the Windwing “Ghostbuster,” he added giving Morgan a wink.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

9. Likes Origins, Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

"Oh, I hadn't really-" and then Morgan piped up about options for an 'after party' and she was lost. After disappearing into a hole in the ground, she couldn't say no when they wanted to hang out; she wanted that too, just... "Okay, sounds good! We can figure something out." Looking back to Mal, she gave her a look that was equal parts I'm sorry! and please say you'll come with! Ramona also received the tail end of that look, which Ava hoped she understood as an invitation.

The appearance of the Windwing with the delightful accent, the origin of which she was having trouble placing, brought a welcome distraction. She answered his smile with substantially more teeth, but no ill will. "You're not interrupting at all. I'm Ava." Since his hands were full for the moment, she held up one of her own in yet another small wave.

That done, she tucked her drink-less hand into a pocket so she could clench it in relative peace. Moving on from nails in the palm, she experimented with digging her thumbnails into whatever soft spots she could find- the sides of knuckles, the base where each finger connected to the palm, even into a couple of the nail beds. Thankfully Daniel was much more likely to bring morbid conversation than commentary on the lack of nibbles.

"Daniel! Good to see you; I've been alright." She didn't hold him up with small talk as he continued his introductions, chuckling under her breath as he introduced himself as 'ghostbuster.'

Deciphering Morgan's particular mode of speech was... difficult, sometimes. As the Racoon-woman goes on, Ramona takes a steadying breath, trying to muster her patience. And compassion. Because let's face it, getting angry at someone for stuttering is just a jackass move. She glances past Morgan, catching Ava Campbell 's first look. A welcoming smile. That's nice. "I can manage both," she tells Morgan, "Jewlery's not really my strong suit, but I can make you something simple. As for swords, I like doing weapons, and armor. I don't always have the opportunity to indulge, but it's my favorite stuff to work on, and I think I'm good at it. That's actually what I've been doing the last few months, working as an armorer in Ireland for Game of Thrones."

It helps to talk about things that you're passionate about. The red room and incredible pressure of the day take a backseat, and Ramona's tension ratchets down a notch or two. Still, it helps when Alex comes over and offers to fetch drinks. She glances past everyone to the bar. With, it looks like, booze and candy. No food. Just booze and candy. Oh my god, it's the Bad Decision Bar, Ramona instantly christens to spread in her head. Let's get everyone liquored up and sugar high so they can start making Decisions. Decisions they'll Regret In The Morning. They might as well be serving a cocktail called Walk of Shame. Well her first thought had been to reach for hard liquor, but now she's thinking better of it. "Hey Alex. I'd love a beer if you don't mind."

Daniel. Daniel? Oh right, the Epic Fail. Anyway, he zeroes in on Alex for the moment, so that beer might be a minute or two in coming. In the meantime, people seem to be talking about the after-party. Despite the fact that they all just walked in to the current party. But hey, Ramona's not going to complain if it means getting out of here. She catches Ava's second look and gives her a single, but assuring, nod. Swear the oath, and bug out to a bar with better atmosphere. Sounds like a plan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread