Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Hide and Go Seek (1fS)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

The collapse is impassable. This leaves Richard and Bobcat on the bench for what is sure to be a heavyweight bout, but free to investigate the Child, for as long as Ajax and Blake can occupy the Haunt, at least. Though the Haunt hadn't been well spoken, he'd already shown himself to be far from foolish.

Black tunnel stretches far ahead. And, somewhere in that darkness, waited the reason why they'd come: a little girl--Vampire, Nosferatu, a walking Masquerade violation.

Carry over from last scene: besides the big prints, there are two distinct sets of smaller ones. They can be backtracked with WITS + Survival or INT + Investigate. Remember -2 for Perception (Darkness) if not using a light.

Rantifusa SoraLow

R
    Rantifusa

While they head back to the dark tunnel, Bobcat turns the light in his helmet on.

"Two sets of small prints? Do you think there is another girl?" he says to Richard. "Why is it never as easy as it looks at first? Shit..."

"Let's not split anymore... let's pick one of the set of prints and follow that one, we will deal with the other one later."

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-08 08:09:12 Bobcat rolls 4 to Following Tracks Wits2+Survival2 (1s Subtract) 5, 3, 9, 6 1 success

Richard lets a deep breath escape his locked jaw in frustration. Every moment that they spent down here was starting to feel like a kick in the guts. He didn't like being down here, that much was obvious, but he was beginning to suspect that there was a deeper cause for the feeling he was getting just knowing that he was enclosed in this tomb, surrounded on all sides with walls to thick to break through, the word that came the closest in his mind was trapped. It made him antsy, like having his back against the wall. At this point he would have felt better if the Haunt had just approached them and said "This is my turf, get the fuck out or die"

Tracking the foot prints/ 1 Roll, 1 Sux : D
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-08 23:49:35 Richard Black rolls 1 to Int + Invest -2(Darkness Chance) (10 Again) 9 1 success

Richard does his part in picking up on a pair of footprints, "Let's do this" he says simply as he begins following the tracks deeper into the labyrinth.

4. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Richard and Bobcat follow the footprints in the direction of the heels. All three sets: small, medium, and large, seem to have come from the same direction, though they later diverge. And not one set was made at the same time as the others.

Richard: The small prints have an erratic pattern. Sometimes left and right foot follow in immediate succession. Sometimes there is a good bit of space between them. (You can roll WITS + Athletics to know that she's skipping.) Patterns indicate that hers were the first set of prints.

Bobcat: The medium prints are unusually close together. The person was taking their time. This is also evident in the fact that the prints are sometimes sunk much deeper, like the person had paused there a while. (You can roll WITS + Streetwise to know that the person with the medium prints is trying to find the person with the small ones.) Patterns indicate that the medium prints were the second set.

The two come to a stretch of concrete where the prints are harder to follow. There's a hole--no it's an old "unused" mineshaft--there, on the right. The medium prints seem to have come up from there. (Richard can roll INT + COMP to remember the mineshaft from the report and reference it.)

The small set of prints continue down the tunnel alone.

The large prints got lost somewhere along the way, with no feasible explanation, except that maybe the Haunt had traveled via the ceiling?

6. Likes SoraLow liked this post
    R
    Rantifusa

"3 people... who can this be? check this out, this one looks like it was following the kid... but why?... Anyway, I set we follow the kid's prints, she is who we want..." says Bobcat to Richard.

Wits + Athletics / 1 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-12 17:32:46 Richard Black rolls 4 to Wits + Athletics (10 Again) 1, 9, 2, 7 1 success
       Int + Comp
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-12 17:35:06 Richard Black rolls 4 to Int + Comp (10 Again) 2, 1, 2, 8 1 success

Richard takes a moment to analyze the prints when Bobcat brings them back to his attention. He places his own foot next to the small print, then takes a step of his own to measure the distance. As he does so he begins to notice that every few steps the person that left these prints would step with the same foot twice. "This has gotta be the kid. Looks like she was skipping or something" Richard and Bobcat keep following the prints until reaching yet another dense hole that went on to god knows where, so dark that it was impossible to see where it ended. "This here must be the mineshaft, I remember reading something about it in those documents Verne left me. "Agreed, no need to go hunting for the sire, once we find the girl there is no doubt in my mind that he will make himself known the moment we do."

9. Likes Brownlee liked this post

The pair proceed past the mine shaft into further dark, wet echoes, and bone chill. Easy enough, now to follow the set of little feet in the dust--it's the only pair of prints.

[ri]https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7013/6745759119_41570671e7_z.jpg[/ri]So long passes without any semblance of life or unlife, that it's a surprise when they turn what seems like just another corner to be met with a tiny voice: "You're trying to find me, aren't you? I can tell. I've played hide and seek before. You want to be friends, don't you?"

Seems safe to say it's a little girl's voice, but the tunnels make it almost impossible to tell where she is.

Perception - 2: 2 suxx

Wits + Empathy: 2 suxx

"I don't know if we can be friends yet; I haven't asked Big Brother, but maybe we can play just once. You count to ten, out loud, and I'll run and hide . . ."

R
    Rantifusa

perception: 0
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-18 21:49:27 Bobcat rolls 2 to Perception 4 - Penalty 2 (10 Again) 5, 7 failure

"Fuck... where is she?"

empathy: 0
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-18 21:50:35 Bobcat rolls 1 to wits 2 - empaty 1 (1s Subtract) 2 failure

"This is not a game kid... you are in danger here... we are here to help!"

Perception Fail, Empathy 2 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-18 21:31:18 Richard Black rolls 4 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 1, 1, 10, 8, 2 2 successes
    2015-02-18 21:30:39 Richard Black rolls 3 to Wit + Comp - 2 (10 Again) 6, 2, 7 failure

Richard pauses dead in his tracks, wanting to make as little noise as possible to try and discern the little girls actually location but it was no use, the echo of their every movement up until this point were still bouncing around the walls of the tunnel making it impossible for him to be sure where she was exactly. What he did know was that she was close enough to be aware of their presence, and close enough to try and speak to them, which means that if he responded she would surely hear him.

Richard speaks to Bobcat, though he selects his words carefully for her sake, "Yo Bob, don't scare her. Were on her side"

"Hi little girl..My name is Richard and I definitely want to be your friend. How about instead of a game you let us get you something eat? How's that sound?"

13. Likes Brownlee liked this post

[ri]https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7013/6745759119_41570671e7_z.jpg[/ri]There is a long silence after Bobcat's bit of gentle persuasion. "Big Brother says danger is scared of him so I don't have to be afraid. He's the strongest. Right now, two bad guys broke a door and starting taking things, so Big Brother is going to make them sleep."

After Richard speaks, she answers, albeit timidly. "Food? I used to like candy . . . but now I have to puke later if I eat any. I can't take candy from strangers, even though I know your name is Richard. My name is Chloe. We can't be friends yet, because we just met. Do you have a jump rope?" She hums. "I know! Let's get to know each other . . . and then we can be friends and I can show you my house. First I'll ask a question, and then you can ask one. Me first: What's your favorite candy?"

As long as the two aren't moving, she doesn't seem to move.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread