Ended
Watch

(1502) Scourging Assemble

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Deep breath. Calm down. You did get through Pandemonium, Namkha, you can get through this.

The Asian mage eyes fill with resolve again, her gaze still directed at Aquinas. "What I'm calling a regrettable mess is the whole situation, along with her being a spy, Hierarch Aquinas. Even more since, as data I was provided claimed, her presence was requested by the Consilium of Sacramento. I see that you'd like to twist my words as you like or skip details altogether, but what Hierarch Velois demands, what I need, are details - details that Dal Riata by her going astray has refused us and made clear that she's not going to share. I hope someone as far on our Path as you, Hierarch Aquinas, understands that there's far more to her actions than just action; I'd like to be allowed to search for truth of her actions here, in Sacramento."

Truth. Such a... feeble... thing; even more so for Mastigos, who strife for clear minds and yet, have the greatest talent of clouding them and thus, hiding the truth. You wouldn't need to search for an example far: this man who stands against her; just a few minutes ago smiled so nicely earlier, just to turn into a torturer with impossible demands. Which face of his is true? What's his heart like?

What are his intentions?

"Still, I can't sever the connection to the Golden Consilium, Hierarch Aquinas. I have vital reasons for that, but it's not the time nor place to discuss them. I don't believe that would help me, either; would you trust me if I had done so? I doubt - I, too, wouldn't trust myself."

Yet, she's still taking out a tissue out of her handbag, readying herself to spill her own blood for the Hierarch.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges sighs and pulls out his phone. He taps some information into an app and scrolls through some options. "If you're adamant about getting answers from her, you should track her down and ask her in person. I'll buy you the train ticket to track her down in Minnesota." Jesus, almost four hundred dollars for a reserved coach seat. "I can cover a coach ticket, but it's a fifty-two hour train trip. If you want a Sleeper Car I can cover half of the thousand and change that costs." Gyges had his own bills to pay.

After this no one gets to say he's not doing his part for the consilium or his Path.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Actually, now is exactly the time you should discuss them," Avis pitched in. "You want us to accept your presence, Namkha, then finish your damn juice, step inside, and stop the bullshit. Use your words to say something. All you're doing now is stonewalling and avoiding addressing our concerns and all that's going to get you is a train ticket to Minnesota. So, try a different tactic. Try the truth for once. Try to balance this conflict instead of perpetuating it. Because, just in case you haven't notice, this isn't a conflict you can win. The only victory you'll have is by ending the conflict and that means talking to us. Telling truths. Abandoning secrets. Are you prepared to do that?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1 | Consilium Status 3 (Hierach)

If she needs a ticket somewhere,” Aquinas says in a firm placidity, turning towards the Provost, “I'll pay for it.” There are some benefits to formally being a finance wunderkind. Being comfortable with money is one of them.

Returning his attention to Namkha, “These are details none of us have, unfortunately. Dal Riata's business is and was her own. She was not forthcoming and none of us here are omniscient.” Though, somehow, it sometimes seems to border on it. “Venois will, unfortunately, be bereft of what she desires. Since you refuse to sever your connection with the Golden Consilium, you understand that the only thing I can grant you is Hospitality and not Recognition.

A beat, “I don't require your oath signed in blood. A lock of hair will do.

Aquinas begins to move, stepping towards the chamber set aside for the meeting, “Time runs short. Once Namkha finishes her juice, I suggest she join us so that she can learn the rules by which she will abide, while she enjoys our Hospitality.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon hangs back, watching the situation develop and getting a hang on what exactly is going on. Eventually, people are starting to offer payment for tickets and similar other bullshit which makes everything crystal clear. The Warlock sighs:

"Yeah, the thing is, when Avalon first came here, we took her offer at face value and see where it's got us? Even if we trusted you, while you are connected to The Golden Consilium you can be used as a window for spellcasting by Oracles-know-who. Like, sympathetic possession, for example".

Ermon's smile is cold:

"So, if you want to actually get something done here, I think you should re-think the Hierarch's offer. Bonds can be rebuilt later".

Persuading Namkha to see the point, 3xx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-15 12:17:19 Ermon rolls 6 to persuade Namkha to see their point (Man + SL + Pers) (10 Again) 10, 4, 1, 7, 9, 8, 1 3 successes

"And just how large is this juice anyway?"
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges glares at Namhka and her dithering. They had shit to do and she was wasting his time.

Sirith Namkha

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

3 suxx on Resolve+Composure, tie to the defender
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-20 10:56:06 Namkha rolls 6 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 6, 1, 10, 9, 9, 1, 5 3 successes

Another deep breath. Calm. Yes, like that, nerves aside. You went through Pandemonium just like the rest of them. Be calm. You have the right to stand tall.

Namkha finishes her juice while thinking and considering things for a longer while. If Dal Riata was in Minnesota, it was good; asking the Epopt if she knew anything about it and about things Dal Riata left in Sacramento would be a good next step. Still, Dal Riata by going away destroyed more than a few plans. Sure, no plan ever survived contact with reality, but it was too soon. Namkha never was a person to create a good plan on the run. She always enjoyed taking her time. That was what she needed.

Think - priorities - Sacramento - staying alive - not being discovered by San Francisco - allies - sort priorities.

While keeping her mind busy, she throws an empty box into her handbag, but not a tissue. Instead, the Guardian picks some of her hair out of her head and puts it on the tissue before folding it into a kind of envelope. She hands it over to the Hierarch.

Abandoning secrets? Doable, but risk-creating. Morbidly funny it came from an Arrow. Bonds can be rebuild? Of course, that was Dal Riata's first thought, too, seemingly. That's why she's in Minnesota, not in San Francisco. But this... Ermon - Ermon? Remember - gave her an idea.

Namkha turns to Avis. "Abandoning secrets was the reason the Arrows got killed in the first place, Councilor Avis. They didn't keep secret their... let's call it betrayal for the sake of convenience. I don't plan to share their fate, so I'll gladly take a Hospitality instead of Recognition. Still, I understand your mistrust. That's why I asked for a private audience with the officials in the first place: so I can share secrets privately, hopefully under the strongest Ward possible. If you wish, it can be only you two and a Sentinel, or whoever you chose, but mind you - the more people involved, the less I'm willing to share."

"The only thing I can share now is that I do not plan any harm to Sacramento and it's the most true."

Another breath - focus - create Imago - a Contract, words of iron made in stone.

"I Swear not to Do any Harm to any single Awakened in the Consilium of Sacramento, nor to the Consilium itself, nor to the Awakened Society it serves. Fate be my witness if I ever stray of my path."

Swearing An Oath, failure, Unseen Senses not triggered
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-20 15:08:04 Namkha rolls 5 to Swearing an Oath (Fate + Gnosis) (10 Again) 6, 4, 2, 5, 2 failure

The words are there, but the stone seems to crumble, and the Imago collapses. Namkha sighs. Was it the lack of Will? Not being used to Oaths? Hopefully, they will be satisfied without the spell...

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"There's these things called trials. From what I've heard, the Arrows in the Golden Consilium didn't really get a trial, so who was betrayed is still up for debate," Avis returned, right fist briefly spasming closed and then relaxing open once more.

"But, enough. We've wasted too much time already. Follow me," Avis stated, turning to walk further into the building, then pausing. "Please." With decorum satisfied, she resumed the course of her previous trajectory, leading the Warlocks into the bowels of the circle of creation.

Across the sanctuary they went, then down, down, down stairs into a world of stone and artificial light. For those who'd never been inside the circle before, it no doubt seemed like a miniature labyrinth of corridors dwelt beneath the facade of the abbey, but for those that had cleaned these very hallways and helped repair the damage which had accumulated over time, there was no mystery. Of course, anyone with enough intimate knowledge of spacial truth could claim the same. Regardless, the assembled Warlocks eventually came to an unmarked door which led into a simple, concrete room, empty except for several folding chairs arranged in a circle in the rooms center. A packet of paper lay on each chair: copies of the charter, the Lex Magica, and scratch paper.

"Please have a seat,"
    Avis said, padding over to a chair. "Take a few moments to look everything over or feel free to share any comments you have now."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon listens to Namkha make her oath, although both her stubborness and the lack of Magic is not very inspiring.

Guardians are supposed to do what's necessary to get shit done, no?

Still, to each their own choices. The Warlock shrugs and follows Avis down: it's actually the first time for him to descend below the Circle. To someone else the tunnels might look shabby but someone who has been doing infiltration for as long as he can remember sees a different story. This church was truly built like a fortress.

Memorizing the way, 3xx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-20 23:54:22 Ermon rolls 5 to remember the way (Int + Comp) (10 Again) 8, 8, 2, 10, 7, 3 3 successes

More out of habit than out of necessity, Ermon memorizes every turn they take. When the Warlocks finally reach the meeting room he comments before settling into his chair and taking the materials:

"This place? Very defensible. With some construction work it can be like Fort Knox".
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

11. Likes Cayce liked this post

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges listens to the Guardian hemming and hawing and splitting hairs while eventually getting to her oath with undisguised impatience. The strongest ward possible? Such fucking drama - if you're concerned about security you can just stop talking if a scrying window opens up. The oath itself is underwhelming and badly crafted, but if those were the words she wanted... "Well we have the requisite three witnesses and the Hierarch, we can put your oath in under the Iron Law as Vox Contractus."

Unlike Ermon, Gyges didn't bother memorizing the layout as Avis lead them down into the Circle, it wasn't that difficult to rearrange the floor plan with the right spells. And if he needed to leave, there were also spells for that. Seeing nothing to write with, Gyges pulls out his pens and provides one to the Hierarch, Avis and Ermon if they need it. He flips through the papers, re-familiarizing himself with the text in question. "So my first question is who is the Charter supposed to be for? Cabals? Orders? Everyone?" That's the root of it, draw a circle around the groups the law is supposed to be for and that's where you start building a foundation.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread