Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Ivory Tower) The Winter Gala!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    C
    Cross

Panthera Nox, welcome to your plotski! If you can't fill it, I'll invite random others who are appropriate to fill the gaps. This thread is set on December 20, 2014 at 7pm.

It was finally time for the annual Sacramento State University Winter Alumni Gala!

Hosted by the University Board of Governors and the Alumni Society at the beautiful Sac State Alumni Centre, the dinner welcomed students, alumni, businesspeople, anybody who could get or afford a ticket, donors, special guests, university leaders, and distinguished members of the community to enjoy a fine dining experience, cocktails and mingling.

Naturally, it was the kind of event where a cash grab was totally happening. The Alumni Society was all about raising money for the school, wasn't it? With the right kinds of donations, through talking one's way through the crowd, or just through sheer luck, one stood a good chance of meeting the movers and shakers that made Sacramento State U tick.

Someone had to be connected to the Banishers that ran this place. It stood out to the keen eyes of the Pentacle Mages watching for such opportunities as an excellent chance to see who was who.

As the Pentacle mages arrived at the property, hopefully appropriately dressed for such a classy affair, they could see it: the building before them, all lit up in gorgeous reds and vibrant greens, decadent blues and winsome yellows. It was welcoming. And why wouldn't it be?

It was Christmastime. It was the season for giving and the holiday spirit.

Please list any equipment you might be carrying on you when you enter.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper and classy went hand in hand - she had the perfect outfit from the event at the museum a while back - though she wore shorts on under the skirt of the dress, anticipating that things might go south.

Not that they would. The ladies of Panthera Nox might not have a detailed plan, but they knew what they were here for - get in, ID Banishers, Get Out. Ideally covertly, but they had a second rental parked close enough to run to and far enough that it shouldn't be flagged by security. The first rental car? Well, they were carpooling to the event.

"So, do we have any handy ways to pass on any Positive IDs to the rest? Camera Phones or something?" Selfie culture was a godsend sometimes. "Anyone need to touch up their make up?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The night of the Gala had arrived, and Faye was nervous about it. With no spells on, she felt naked and exposed. But she trusted her Cabal.

She didn’t actually have anything to wear that would be appropriate, so she had to go shopping and find something within her budget. Thankfully, it wasn’t as hard as she expected. She settled on a light blue floor length gown with sequence. Her hair was left down and gently curled, and few pieces of jewelry were added.

As Pepper spoke, “Well, I have my phone with me.” She said holding up a little clutch. “And nope, I think my makeup is good.”

J

Pepper's not alone in an interesting looking dress. Nous went all the way with her's. Flowing folds, bright colors, and a bright red lipstick to match. How the hell she's able to drive in that thing is a mystery that Mystagogues might argue about for millennia. It wasn't particularly quick driving, and she won't be driving any races, but she manages to get them there in one piece.

"I wouldn't want to mess with success."

Her makeup, it's close enough to perfect, and her hair is done up sans curls, and in some sort of style that makes her look entirely different. It looks like it took hours, and truthfully, it probably did take someone hours to do it. Just not Elle.

"Would anyone not have their phone with them? I guess if it's too big for your clutch, but who buys a purse that small?"

Not to mention her protection. Cell phones are good, but until she finds her own Q, she's going to keep buying purses large enough to bring something that can put holes in people. Just in case.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

M
    Mace

"I think we're good on phones," Mace said, patting her purse. Not that she hadn't considered jury-rigging some pockets onto the thing, but she'd worn her favorite dress for the evening, and she hadn't wanted to mess it up. Maybe next time. She fished around in her purse for a compact to check her makeup at Pepper's words. "I think I'm good," she said, touching her hair briefly to make sure it stayed where she wanted it. "Shall we?" She indicated the doorway. Time to see what they could find out.

Mace's purse contains a phone, small camera, basic makeup supplies, and a couple extra small spray bottles of water.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded. "Yeah, I'm just... not subtle. I'd get caught if I tried to sneak a picture." She patted the pocket of her blazer though - where her phone sat conveniently. Better then trying to dig through her purse for it.

Provost glanced over to councilor and paused - it was so odd seeing Nous without her gorgeous curls. shaking that thought away, she dropped her hand to car's door handle.

"Alright then. Time to head in."

Pepper has her (camera)phone, sixty dollars cash, any makeup she might need to touch up, and notably Left what IDs she could at home

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Not sure I could be sneaky either, but maybe a selfie with each other with a target in the background?” she said ready to get the show on the road.

“Yup, lets do this.”

Faye has her phone w/camera, some makeup and some cash in case they needed it.

J

"Selfies. Perfect."

It's not perfect, but maybe the stodgy college people won't care when it's Faye taking the selfie. She can pull that sort of thing off because they're not staring at her phone. Nope, she has no inferiority conflict here Move along.

"Just make sure to turn your phones on vibrate. That way it won't make noise if you do try to be subtle. Let's go have some fun."

She makes her way inside the venue.

She has her smart phone on vibrate, and her sidearm in her purse.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

M
    Mace

Mace shook her head. "I never thought excessive selfies would be a good thing," she said with a chuckle. And yet here they were, the best plan they'd have for the night. And the sad part? It would probably work. "After you," she said, gesturing for Faye and Pepper to follow Elle into the venue. It would be an interesting night.

C
    Cross

The ladies of Panthera Nox entered the foyer of the beautifully decorated Alumni Center. Festive lights, Christmas trees, beautifully wrapped boxes on tables - truly, the Alumni Society at Sac U had gone all out on this place's decor. Within, a small band in the back corner played quiet background Christmas tunes on alto sax, trumpet, trombone, string bass and drum kit which filled the room with a cheery air. All around, people mingled, taking champagne off trays carried by snappily-dressed volunteers in Christmas red serving attire. There was a pleasant buzz of conversatiion, not too loud as to overpower talk, not too soft as to seem dead.

Yes, indeed. This place was lovely. The kind of thing that inspired fat cats with big wallets to swap stories of the good old days in the quad, drink a few too many glasses, open their chequebooks, and put donations in the kitty with four or five zeros on the end. A buffet of hors d'ouvres capped it off in the corner, catered by a local company and served by caterers all in green.

"May I take your coats, ladies?"

Coat-check. He was handsome, one of those tall six foot white fellas with muscles in all the right places. His name tag read 'VOLUNTEER: Jason, Athletics Department'.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread