Watch
11 - 15
DISPLAYED
THREADID

(Sparks)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    E
    Enoich

Watching the girl's expressions with a mild interest, she noticed a shift of discomfort and annoyance and wondered it was due to her minimizing her importance. Socially, Jacqueline found it more important to make the other person feel comfortable than to overpower them. A strong cameraderie does better to create a bond than dominion. Many people would disagree, but that was the beauty of opinion. They had a full right to be incorrect. "Storytelling? Isn't that a little bit... Neolithic? I've seen warhowlers as well as the storytellers, but I always thought it was regressing a bit. Although, given what I've learned from Pangaea, that might be exactly where they're going." It was a beautiful idea, an unsullied land of predator and prey, but in reality, it was surely a messy and terrible living. The stories were all about conquest and the culling of spirits, keeping them in line through sheer dominance. In retrospect, the idea of a land of predators wouldn't be able to hold artists who could not hunt for prey properly. She would be once again an outcast.

"A rebel, hmm? How very interesting. I can certainly see how people would be offended, especially if they are less confident in their dominance. How about hobbies? I realize that bucking the system is a full-time job, but what other interests do you have?"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary shrugged. "Ours is an orally transmitted culture. Storytellers are just like historians here, although they embellish a bit more, I expect." Then again, who was to say historians didn't embellish a little too? You gotta please the winning side. "We're not exactly the most advanced society, anyway. We hunt, and feed, and mate like wolves."

She smiled slightly as Jacqui called her a rebel. "I don't like to think of myself as a rebel. I prefer 'free thinker'. Free from other's perceptions and judgements." She shrugged again. "But as for hobbies, I like to read, watch TV. The average for people. I go to the gym every now and then, too." Not that she needed to, but the pursuit of dominance required staying fit.

E
    Enoich

Orally transmitted cultures in the day of the internet and mobile messaging? It always felt like the werewolf culture was being nostalgic and archaic for its own sake, which was really far too similar to being a hipster. Oh, hipster werewolves, that was a laugh. "It does feel odd that only one tribe cares for the human condition, considering how advanced they are in comparison. Sure, we have gifts, but there are some tribes that think of humans as mere sheep... It's not their fault that their brains freak out every time they see a Gauru. Well most of the time anyway."

Noticing that the gentlemen that Ary were summoning were being grabbed by another group, Jacqueline decided to further the pack's goal, as it were. With a subtle nod, she gestured toward Simon and Chuck and muttered, "Those were the fellows that you wanted to bring in, right? I noticed you trying to attract them over. Seems like a couple are bringing them over."

Jacqueline was not above a little bit of espionage, after all.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ary shook her head. "It's not that strange, once you think about it. Yes, we're better than the Herd. But, a cat is better than a mouse. A lion is better than a zebra. That doesn't mean that they care for them. It's the nature of the predator-prey relationship. We can't care for them, because very often, we hunt them." The Iron Masters...though... "The Iron Masters don't care for humanity any more than the other Tribes. They just cultivate their prey and hide among them."

Ary looked over at the two. "Yes, indeed. We should go over and talk to them." Before Allison got them sucking off Dale too. The Royal Wolf started walking towards the group, waving for Jacqui to follow her.

Aryana joins this thread.

E
    Enoich

Just one subtle suggestion and things move in your direction. It was almost villainous. Giving a slim smile, Jacqueline follows the Storm Lord.

Jacqueline Navarre joins This Thread!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.