Ended
Watch

(1502) Path of Doom

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Ah, I see," says Truce regarding Pepper's Factorum status. "Well I think that would be best for anyone who serves as Councilor to pay attention to the wording, particularly for those who follow the letter of the law. In any case, since it's getting late, I suggest we move on from examining the Charter. From what I gather, there is still some concern regarding the recognition of Solitaires, but I think we can agree that the intention is to create incentive for participation rather than generate prejudice. I see the separation of Trials from the main caucus as beneficial so long as members are still allowed to attend. There does seem to be a need to see more dilution of power in the role of Provosts and Factotums which we will have to decide upon soon. And finally there is the desired addendum of clarifying the definition of those subject to the Trial process. If there are more questions or concerns regarding the remainder of the Charter then please voice them to the Provost before the next caucus, once that position is determined."

Truce takes a breath as he pages through the last sections of the Charter, hoping to see that he's covered everything he himself wished to discuss. "Right, I know we need to discuss the positions of Moros Councilor and Provost, but is there anything else on the agenda we need to cover?" he asks the rest of the gathered Necromancers.

L
    LoneRanger

The time was almost over and some proposal s ere agreed. It wasn't so bad.

Perhaps, I might suggest to see us another time, for a round of drinks. So we can see other, more common iussues. Perhaps not now, another time.

I give the Law another intense look. It has been the source for some interesting discussion. It is much better to study it in depth.

M
    Mace

"What sort of dilution of power did you have in mind?" Mace asked. "I don't really have any other agenda items than that," she admitted. "We already heard most of your complaints, but please feel free to let me know if you think of any in the next few weeks." To Pelican, she added. "That's certainly an option. It would be good to meet without the spectre of the Lex hanging over our heads..." At least, not in it's current state.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"I suppose all I mean by that is that those roles should have suitable representation. I imagine that the reason that it seems the Councilors hold the most power is because they are chosen as the most Wise of each Path, and are perhaps the most motivated to exercise their duties. But we must expect the same diligence from those serving as Provost and Factotum. Indeed, we must hold all Consilium members to a higher expectation of involvement."

He clears his throat. "Ehem. Well since we do not appear to have anything else to discuss for the moment, I would like to ask that we take this opportunity to select a Provost and voice any petition for the replacement of our current Councilor. As I've said, I myself find no issue with Mace's continuing on with the role, though I understand her intention to step down when another becomes eligible. Unless we reach a consensus otherwise, I suggest we select a Provost by the means she has deemed as Councilor, as is her right. As this Charter is currently in effect, we need to make our selection from Cabal-affiliated members. As I understand it...I suppose that leaves the only eligible candidate as myself. Are there any objections?"

Truce looks to the others for affirmation or possible distress. It isn't his intention to steal the title on a technicality. If there had been more of them, and had they been more established in the city then perhaps there would have been a more fair selection process. For now he would try to fulfill the role as best as he could until their next meeting.

L
    LoneRanger

I give a look to each of the other Moroi in the room, giving a friendly smile at Level.

As usual, every point is listened at with attention and care, even tho, apparently, my gaze seems distracted.

I graciously smile at Mace. I do a thumb up sign to Truce, which took the brunt of the meeting.

Tell you what, Truce. First round is on the Provost. Councillor Mace settles it up whenever she desires. Is that ok for ya all?

M
    Mace

Distress is in fact fund when Truce meets Mace's gaze. "I... I'm sorry Truce, I didn't mean to put you in that situation. Don't feel like you have to take it for my sake if you don't want it." She was conflicted, though. She wanted him to take it, to take the burden from her. But forcing him into it would be to do exactly what had been done to her, and she wasn't willing to do that. It was, after all, how she'd gotten into this mess in the first place.

She turned to Pelican at his remark. "I'm afraid I don't quite follow," she admitted, still chagrined from how the meeting had gone.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce raises a hand as if to dismiss Mace's concerns. "It's nothing like that. I'm honored for a chance to provide a service within the Consilium. I will do my best to fulfill that role until someone more qualified comes along. I just hope I can perform the duties to everyone's expectations."

He looks confident in this as he looks to his Pathmates. There isn't much more to be said. He expects things will change before as time rolls on, but he believes this to be a good opportunity for him to make a difference. "Allow me to pass out my contact information for anyone who needs to voice their concerns to me. I will try to be available as often as I can." For anyone who doesn't already have it, he provides his phone number and email address.

Shall we adjourn?

L
    LoneRanger

I look at Truce, smile at him. Then I smile at Mace.

I am sorry for the confusion. I suppose for our Path to have a Provost is a good sign, and I would say Truce is an excellent choiche, technicalities or not. As mentioned before, we could meet without... having the spectre of Lex hanging over our heads.

M
    Mace

Mace hesitated, and then relaxed at Truce's words. "Then I'm happy to 'appoint' you Provost, if you're willing to take it," she said. She glanced at her watch. "Well, the evening grows late. If you have any further concerns about the Lex and what it means for you, please contact myself or Truce. There will probably be another round of changes, and I'll be sure you all are kept appraised of what they are." Inwardly, she heaved a sigh. The meeting hadn't exactly gone as planned, but at least she had someone to help her now. Maybe that would make a difference. Maybe.

I'm good to wrap up here

L
    LoneRanger

I nod to Truce, perhaps a deja vu feeling passes through my brain. A good smile.

An excellent choiche.

I offer Truce an hand for shacking, as for congratulating.

good scene for me, thank you all

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.