Ended
Watch

(1502) Path of Doom

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    L
    LoneRanger

I observe Level entering, and welcome him with a friendly smile. I do appreciate his style which speaks of good old hard worker. As Truce spoke well, I do not find the necessity of adding any word. Perhaps as a sign of reverence, I stand up and nod gently to him, with a pleasant smile.

Be welcome, Level, have a seat.

I then continue to listen with attention to the words of Truce, nodding with agreement.

M
    Mace

Mace nodded. "Those were the points raised at the meeting," she agreed. "But this is an opporutnity to cover everything," she said. "So please don't limit yourself to those two topics." She glanced over at Level. "Sorry if this is making you completely lost," she said. "We can set up a follow up meeting if you need more time to look things over."

She looked over at Pelican's non-committal response. "Anything to add?"

L
    LoneRanger

I look at Mace, smiling at her with kindness.

We have sufficient meat on the table to be discussed. The right of Solitaires and Apostates are going to be a big thing. If we can maintain a cool headed approach, this meeting can be fruitful. Of course, I can see the reason why any Council should enact these law.

A small pause. I remain very composed, as a scholar in class. Hands on lap. The tone is calm.

To be honest with you, being in a cabal is a plus; shared resources, just to name one. Being in an order is another, definte plus as well. The chanche to have a patron, for example. Specific training.

A smile. The tone is kind. But firm.

So could it be wondered why those in an order and in a cabal, who have these inherent advantage, are the only allowed to be Councillor, Herald and so on? Perhaps I am too dumb.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce regards Pelican for his opinion. Though there is nothing new brought to the table in his words, Truce still appreciates the agreement Pelican shares with his own words.

Speaking to Mace once more he says, "Since this is a lengthy document I believe it would be efficient to go over each topic by section and then everyone voice their suggestions on how to change it and why. I'll read aloud and say my own thoughts and then someone can interject as needed. Ehem."

Truce reads through the Responsibilities of the Consilium before pausing to add his own thoughts.

"Where currency is concerned, I think Tass and Favors are fine as a formal exchange, though I imagine private agreements between individuals may still include Sleeper currency, items, or typical trade. I think it's also important to note that we adhere to the Consilium agenda by voicing new business ahead of time. So everyone remember to come to Mace or Crowley beforehand so there isn't any disorder during the actual proceedings. But I suppose that's what this meeting is for as well. Oh, umm, I guess it says that you approach the Provost, not the Councilor. So whomever Mace selects to serve as her Provost should take on that responsibility."

He continues, "The Consilium is tasked with the protection of the Cabals. Again that brings up the issue of Membership, but we'll get to that. There's the responsibility of maintaining peace between Cabals. So remember to have your Farseeker or Doorwarden approach the Herald or their Provost as with other issues. And then there's the protection of the Veil, which is standard given The Precept of Secrecy."

He concludes, "All in all I think the wording and items covered are sufficient. Being aware of the community roles is important and as members of the Consilium we'll all be asked to participate in fulfilling those duties, though I suppose the extent of that assistance varies. Umm, Mace, how would you describe the expectations that this Consilium has of its members participating in these edicts? I suppose the current Banisher threat is a good example. What might Cabals be asked to do to remove that threat? Or is that solely the Sentinel's duty to deputize members as needed?"

W
    Windmill

"I'll try and keep up, but a quick run through of the consilium Charter would be appreciated." Level said to Mace, taking the offered seat, meeting Pelican's friendly greeting with a quick flash of a smile before returning to it's usual taciturn state.

He sits quietly, absorbing everything that was being said, and drawing a few conclusions he didn't much like the look of. Apostates and Solitares as second-class citizens, really? If he were still a Thearch, he'd be thinking of setting up a union. But he wasn't. Arrow. Service Is Mastery. Let the politicians do what they do, and make sure nothing nasty crept up behind them while they argued. So he kept quiet, trying to remember the name of that contracter who did good deal on bulletproof glass. Banishers would have a field day if they ever saw how little was keeping every Moros in the Consilium protected. Maybe he could run some training exercises past Asp later, see how well these sanctums could hold up?

This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

M
    Mace

Mace listened as Truce said his peace. She winced as he brought up the matter of a Provost, something she had not intended to bring up this soon. But it seemed as though the topic was at hand, and she wouldn't be able to put it off any longer. Still, she had one matter to attend to before addressing that remark. "Well, for a quick overview," she said to Level, "The Lex Magica and Charter have been going through many revisions in the past several months. Back in June, we had a change of leadership, and the Hierarch decided to implement some rather forceful means to resolve some of the issues. The council had been deliberating for some time, and the document you see before you is the result. Our negotiations have focused on defining the scope of the Gold laws, and setting forth Trial proceedures since we've had some troubling occurances lately." She took a breath. "The issue that's on the table is with how Apostates and Solitairy mages, including unfortunately new arrivals, are to be considered. But as I said, this is to be a complete airing, so please tell me if there's anything outside that scope you find issue with."

She turned to Pelican. "It was my understanding that the intent of those was to encourage Awakened to come together to form Cabals, not limit their scope or protection. I iilluminated Protectorate, and my focus was on how by upholding the laws, you are entitled to protection of your person and sanctums. That interpretation I stand by, no matter what the document fails to make clear."

She turned to address Truce's last question. "In a way, that's the bit that draws the line between the expectations of Solitaries and Cabals. The cabals are being asked to contribute more materialy to the defense of the consilium, so they're able to initiate investigations." She paused, and then continued. "Basically, we've decided that the Banisher problem at Sacramento State University had to be dealt with, though they have not attacked us directly so far as I know. To that end, the Cabals have been tasked with gathering information about the situation, and how we can best turn it to our advantage. I don't know the full details other than my own involvement. I believe Veiled Threats has been trying to operate covertly on campus. For my part, Panthera Nox has been hobnobbing with the University Elite. We started our investigation at a Fundraiser that the athletics department had put on. We're not sharing the details just yet, we need to follow up on a few more things, but that's the sort of thing we got ourselves involved in. As for the others...well your guess is as good as mine, to be honest. One of the things we were hoping to cover in that meeting was this situation, but ... well other things proved to be more pressing." She blushed at her failure.

And now for the full force of Truce's critical reading. "I'd hoped to wait until Darkslide showed up to make the announcement, but I suppose now is as good a time as any. I do intend to select a Provost, after a fashion. In all honesty, I never expected to be Councilor, it was never an aspiration of mine. However, because of the sticky wordings we find ourselves facing, I recognize that I'm the only one eligible. So, here's my plan. I would like you, the Path of Doom, to select your provost. This provost will act in such capacity until such a time as they become eligible to take the seat. Then, I will step aside, and allow them to take over." She looked over each of them. "I'll be happy to serve in whatever capacity they see fit to put me, but I am not a leader." She spoke the last with regret. All the time and effort she'd put into convincing herself that she wasn't going to fail. But fail she had, and now she'd let the Path speak.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce nods at Mace's words to start, having heard from her and Ermac the situation that the Consilium had faced before in its leadership. The reformation of the Lex had been greatly anticipated. It was needed, and now it has become the source for controversy. All the more reason to hear the voices that took issue with the document in order to correct inconsistencies and superfluous legislation.

He had not been aware of the Cabal activities to combat the Banisher presence, but found the examples interesting. The Cabals had good approaches.

Addressing Mace's point regarding his query, Truce responds, "One might even say that Solitaires are being fostered by the Consilium. The lack of commitment also means a lack of responsibility, it sounds like. Still, that doesn't mean that Solitaires cannot be asked to help or that they cannot offer it. Still, the segregation between membership statuses may begin to create a social stigma in the city against Solitaires, one that might elicit prejudice in the long run."

Before there is a chance to move forward, however, Mace lingers on the subject of Provost selection. His mention of it had not been intended as a priority, but he listens respectfully nonetheless.

Truce spares a worried glance to Level and Pelican before returning his gaze to Mace. "Mace, I wish you would reconsider. Even if you're not confident enough to lead you must realize that your experience and familiarity are invaluable for that role. A Councilor isn't necessarily a position for leadership, is it? Being able to represent our Path means listening, not commanding or delegating. For now, won't you think more on this decision? If you wish to elect a Provost by vote I don't see a problem with that, but there's no reason to be hasty."

Truce worries that the stress of her position has indeed gotten to her. Once a Provost is chosen then it should remove some of the burden she has to bear. With time she might change her mind.

L
    LoneRanger

I listen with attention to each and every point put up by Mace and Truce. And study with a certain attention the document.

I nod to the Councillor but my grin is, how to say, somehow disaffected. Again, I can see your point. Still, the answer is somehow ... It can be further discussed later, tho... Or this could seem the case.

Last first. I send back a worried glance to Truce

Dear Mace. Please, consider Truce words' with attention and due care. Perhaps, you might wish to sleep a night or two and then come back to us with your decision. At the end of the day, it is prerogative of the Path to select the Councilor and prerogative of the Councilor to select his Prevost. Perhaps, mistakes are the hard way to learn? And the surest?

I add the last question with a gentle smile. The part regarding the prerogatives of the councilor and the Prevost are stressed and repeated slowly.

Regarding the recurring iussue of Solitaires and Apostates, I content myself to add:

Regarding the Banishers, I might give a set of reason to volunteer in, ranging from professional to personal. And becaue I am Apostate I cannot give an hand. Perhaps, the most convenient way for me would be to join and order and a cabal. Time and effort which could have been spent for this... war?

A quick break. I just give a smiling glance to Level, then I turn to the audience.

Oh I know I am no one, please, don't consider me an arrogant fool. Or do that, at your leisure. Others may be, or are, more appropriate. But...why?

Farm Animal is a damn good book. What is its most famous quote?

4 day bump Level liminal.shadow Mace Windmill
    48 Hours plus plus, feel free to continue LoneRanger Truce Vassagon
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.