Ended
Watch

(1502) Path of Doom

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Ah yes," Truce says, following Mace's topic change. "Actually I have plans to meet with a member of the Mysterium and Pepper regarding the Silver Ladder. I have hope that I'll know where I stand afterwards. I suppose I should also investigate the Adamantine Arrow and the Guardians of the Veil more thoroughly...but I don't know if I'm as suited for those." Truce sighs, an admission of minor frustration.

At the sound of knocking, Truce turns and smiles in welcome to Pelican. "Ah, Pelican. Hello. I'm glad you're here," he tells the man, returning the nod and retreating a step back to open up their conversation to him.

"So, I suppose that just leaves Darkslide and Bishop, unless there's someone else of our Path I'm not aware of? Everyone should have seen the meeting notification, I imagine."

L
    LoneRanger

My pleasure, indeed, as it was working with you.

I give a look around. It is a bit odd, as Bishop should have been here. A pause. A quick, gentle smile. I advance following the move of Truce.

Were you talking about something in particular or just chit chat?

It is going to be a talk in politics. Oh no. But then, as someone wrote, man is a political animal. Another stated that outside the city dwelled only animals or Gods. A way to state that obvious notion: politics dominate social life.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Yes, we were just talking about my efforts to look into joining an Order," says Truce quickly in answer to Pelican. There is no reason to mention Mace's insecurities and he wishes to convey that to Mace with his answer.

"Do you have any experiences within the Pentacle Orders, Pelican? Or are you an Independent like me?" he ask the man curiously, probing for more information about Pelican who remains a stranger to him.

L
    LoneRanger

Ah, alas I am in the same situation, like you. Indipendent. Speaking of which, what did you think of the past Consilium?

Good, Truce goes directly to the point.

M
    Mace

"Hello Pelican, Please join us," Mace said, indicating a seat at the table. "We were just catching up." She hesitated a moment as Truce asked who they had yet to wait for. "Unfortunately, Bishop will not be joining us this evening," she said. "But there is a new face in town, according to what I've heard." And then Pelican asked the big question. She waited, wondering what the other man had thought.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce's pleasant expression droops slightly when hearing of Bishop's unavailability. He has been hoping that they could all have their say, and Bishop might have provided some good insight into the Lex. "A new face? Well that should prove interesting for them if they should arrive." Though admittedly, Truce is still relatively new himself.

"Well, if I might speak my thoughts, I believe that the latest Consilium was a success. I expect there to be debate when faced with such big changes. The Awakened are far from perfect, so I would have been surprised if the Charter had been excepted without complaint. It shows that there is a variety of ideas and values within the various Orders and Apostates. I expect there will be a variety of ideas among ourselves as well. So tonight I hope we can reflect on the Watchtower that called us to Awaken and represent The Longest Road. Let us remain calm and study this transition closely. Firstly, I would like us to tackle the Charter, voice our concerns and what we support, just to see if there is anything we would like altered. Once that is done then we can perhaps share personal concerns and where we would like to see the Consilium direct its efforts and attentions. Does that sound alright?" he asks the two.

"We probably shouldn't waste time either. If there is a new Moros coming then I suspect we'll have to fill them in one way or another."

L
    LoneRanger

I listen with attention to what is the said. A grim smile appears in my face when I hear about Bishop. Still, I am confident he took the best decision and acted accordingly. Well. The Wheel of life.

I smile to Truce and Mace, with a kind nod to her.

At the end of the day, dear Mace, you did the best you could

I suppose we you might agree with me in this moment, here, there is a variety of situations can fit any possible bill. I do agree with you, there is a variety of thought. We could therefore agree if we would welcome such variety of thought, or if it is a viable solution to narrow them a little. Please, let me cite: Democracy may be fallacious, but it is the only system that work.

I pause a moment, with a gentle smile.

On other accounts I may diverge from your beliefs, dear Truce but let me cite a Latin phrase. Ignorantia non excusat. In Law, ignorance is not an excuse. It will costs us a little of our time, but we have seen what will happen.

I'd be indebted to Avis, her efforts should be praised. I wonder if she might like a cup of coffee.

W
    Windmill

Level entered the meeting in his sunday best, by which was meant a pair of indeterminantly brown trousers, one of his nicer plaid shirts, and a pair of battered old brogues with the heels superglued back on. He was still wearing the expression of zen-like patience that he adopted in traffic jams as he entered the greenhouse.

"Sorry I'm late, traffic was a nightmare getting here." He said to the room at large, before introcucing himself. I'm Level, new arrival. By the way, which one of you is Councillor Mace? Herald Zodiac said to pass this to you.". Level said, retriving the note for the councillor that Zodiac had given him. Best to get the 'Definitly not a Banisher, Seer or Scelesti' bit over with first.

M
    Mace

"That's a good starting point," Mace said to Truce. "I have another agenda item, but it will wait until everyone's here." She couldn't put her plan in motion without everyone having a say. She stood when Level answered. "That would be me," she said, offering a hand to take the note. She read it over quickly, before nodding to the others. "He's the new person I mentioned. I'll let the others introduce themselves, but I'm Mace, Arrow on the Path of Doom and Councilor." This time when she offered her hand, it was for a handshake. "Have a seat."

She took her own seat and nodded to Truce. "We were just going to discuss some of the concerns we had with the Charter that was presented last month. I have an extra copy..." She plucked one out from her stack of papers and offered it to Level. "Take your time to read it, and feel free to contact me with other concerns later." She turned to Truce. "Since you raised the issue, why don't you start?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce observes the new arrival curiously, noting his stocky build and thick calloused hands as he hands the letter of introduction to the Councilor. His attire suggests humble origins.

Truce smiles and offers a handshake to Level. "Hello, Level. Welcome to Sacramento. Please call me Truce. And you've arrived just in time for us to begin." With his own introduction said, Truce takes a seat and listens to Mace.

Bringing forth his own copy of the Charter, delivered to him by Avis, Truce nods to the Councilor and begins to page through the document to have it ready before him as reference for when he speaks.

"Very well. To fill in our new guest, though Herald Zodiac may have given you an idea already, the Lex was not well received at the latest Consilium gathering. There were many points raised, concerns regarding the eligibility prerequisites of Councilors and the rights of Solitaires, that is those not affiliated with a Cabal."

Reading from the Charter he recites, "'Prospective Councillors must otherwise maintain membership through their Cabals and maintain membership in an Order.' And, 'Solitaires may not be full members of the Consilium of Sacramento.' Though as you can see from the following text, Solitaires are still given several rights. Personally I don't see a problem with the latter point as it encourages new Mages to involve themselves in the Consilium and Cabals. They are then awarded that additional protection and can be policed by their peers until they establish trustworthiness with the assembly. But seeing as I've already affiliated myself with a Cabal, I may be biased in that opinion. I would like to hear what your thoughts on that are, Level, being wholly new to the city."

He looks over to Level with a soft and welcoming smile.

"But regarding the eligibility of Councilors, I'm undecided whether it is really necessary to restrict Apostates from rising to that position. Those are the two points that I'm aware of that are under the heaviest debate. But I would like to cover each section of the Lex to determine any other issues or perhaps even suggestions for additional limitations or rights." He looks over the others, ready to hear their thoughts.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.